I'll Be There

Tugging At My Heartstrings
Joon's POV

1 Week Later..

"Mireu, have you taken your tablets?" I asked as i walked into the living room with our dinner. He nodded. "Ne.." I smiled and handed him his food. I know that he's in a wheelchair but i still love him as i did before and I'll always be there for him whenever he needs me. But me and the doctors think that he can start walking again.

All he needs to do is try. I know he can do it. "Mireu?' Mir looked up at me. "Can i ask you something?" I asked. He nodded. "When are you gonna start to learn to walk?" Mir looked away. "This again...?" He muttered. I sighed. "Mireu please, you know I'm not forcing you but i know you can and life would be so much easier if you could" I said.

It was silent for a while. "Joonie.. I'm sorry" He said. "For what?" He sighed. "For being an embarassment to you. I know that being in a wheelchair is embarassing for you and you don't want to be seen with me.." Wha..? "No! Mir that is not the case. I love you no matter what. I would never be embarassed of you. I'm just saying it for your own good"

A tear fell from Mir's eyes. My eyes widened. "Mir!" I made him cry.. I feel so bad. "Mireu I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel upset. Forgive me?" I asked. He wiped his tears. "Its not your fault.. I'm sorry. I'm just scared to walk again. What if i can't? What if i find it difficult to walk and i can't? I'm scared Joon.."

I wiped his tears and hugged him tightly. "Mireu its ok to be afraid. Don't worry. But you never know unless you try. If you try then maybe you can do it. And I'll be there to help you through it all. I'll always be here for you Mireu" I said. He slightly smiled. "Gomawo Joonie.."

I know you can do it Mireu... I stood up. "Ok, let's do this" I said. Mir tilted his head in confusion. "What?" I held his hand. "I'm gonna help you walk again" I said. Mir was confused. "Now?" I nodded. He vigorously shook his head. "I'm not ready!" He said. I sighed. "Yes you are. Mir come on" I helped him into the wheelchair and took him to our bedroom. "Joonie.."

"Hold onto the window sill" I said. He shook his head. "Joonie i can't" "Mir come on, i know you can" I tried encouraging him but he wouldn't say anything. "Mireu.." I pleaded him with my eyes. I'm only doing this for him.. "I'm scared" Mir said. I smiled at him warmly. "I'm here for you Mir. Ok?"

He slowly reached for the window sill. I smiled. "You can do it Mireu.." I carefully watched as he tried lifting himself. He sighed and fell back into his wheelchair. "I can't.." He said. "Try again. You have to keep trying" I replied. He looked down. "I know you can do it Mireu"

His hand slowly grabbed onto the window sill and he carefully stood up. A wide smile appeared on my face as i held his hand and helped him stay up. "Just try move your legs. Come on" Mir took a deep breath in and attempted to move his leg forward. He slowly lifted it and took a small step. "Yes! You can do it!" I was getting so happy.

Mir tried taking another step but his legs failed. "Its ok, carry on" I said. He tried his hardest and took another step. Yes.. He's doing it, my Mireu is actually walking! "Joon.." Mir was taking slow steps but more of them. A smile appeared on his face. "I'm doing it!"

I smiled back at him and nodded. He let go of my hand and he was standing by himself. I felt a tear roll down my face. I was just so unbelievabley happy. He slowly made his way to the bad, almost falling but i caught him. "Don't worry, you just need to keep walking and you'll get used to it again"

He nodded. "Mir, you wanna know why i wanted you to walk so bad?" I asked. "You were doing it for my benefit?" I shook my head. "Well yeah.. But mainly so you could walk the aisle" Mir looked confused. "Huh?" I took out a ring from my pocket. "There's only one guy i should be walking down the aisle with and that's you. Mir, will you marry me?"