Everything's Gonna Be Alright

Tugging At My Heartstrings
Joon's POV

Could it be..? I slowly turned around and saw Mir sat up in bed with a worried look on his face. I was shocked. He's actually awake? "Mireu!" I ran upto him and I was about to hug him but i realised what condition he was in. So instead, i held his hand. "Joonie, you're not actually gonna try kill yourself are you?"

He looked really scared and worried. . He heard that? "Ani Mireu, you're here with me, i would never do that." I said. You cannot understand how happy i was that Mir was awake right now. "Seungho hyung, go call the doctor" I said. Hyung nodded and left the room.

I looked at Mir and smiled. My beautiful boyfriend is back. Then i remembered what the doctor said. He has anemia. "Mir.." I looked down. Why didn't he tell me? "Hm? What's up?" He asked. "Why didn't you tell me you were anemic?" I asked.

He slowly turned his head away from me. "Oh.. So you found out? Joon I'm really sorry i didn't tell you but.." He stopped and sighed. "But what?" I asked. "I only found out the day before YeonSeo noona announced that you two were getting married. I was debating when i should tell you and i was gonna tell you the next day but.. all that happened"

I was going to say something about all this but he started speaking again. "In all that drama, i forgot to take the medicines the doctor gave me. So if the anemia has become more worse, I'm not surprised" I was stunned at his words. Am i hearing all this right?

"Mireu! You should have told me. You know you're more important to me than YeonSeo. I would've taken care of you, i would've made sure your health wouldn't get worse" I sighed. "This is all my fault. If i had not been a coward, you wouldn't be here right now. We'd be happy, you'd never had entered this hospital and you wouldn't be in a coma"

I was on the verge of tears. "Joonie.. Its ok, shh" He wiped away an escaping tear. I'm such an idiot.. Just then, the door opened and Seungho hyung came back with the doctor. "Mir-ssi, we're so glad you're awake" The doctor smiled. He looked really relieved. I smiled. I guess its a big relief for everyone. "Would it be ok if we took some scans?"

Mir nodded. "Ne.." I moved from Mir's side and went to stand near Seungho hyung. As the doctor was doing the scans, checking my baby Mireu, i was getting really nervous. I hope everything is fine and that nothing is wrong.. "It'll be ok" Hyung held my hand. I smiled slightly. I hope so hyung..

"Oh.." The doctor spoke, his voice went weird. "Doctor, what's wrong?" I asked, stepping forward. "Um.. Joon, i don't know how to tell you this" I was getting really scared. What's happening? I looked over at Mir and he was confused. "Doctor-ssi, please tell me what's wrong. Am i gonna die?" Mir asked. My eyes widened. "Ani Mir, you won't die"

"Then what?" I asked. He sighed. "Because of the accident, Mir has become paralysed from the waist down" My heart sank. I felt like a needle was piercing through my heart. "No.." This cannot be happening. "Joon-ssi, please don't be worried too much" The doctor said. "How can i not?!" I flipped. "I just keep hearing more bad news. Why can't i hear good news..?"

I wanted to cry, cry my heart out. Its not fair. "No, its just that Mir can't walk but he needs to learn to walk again. And he needs you to help him, arasseo? You need to be strong. Everything's gonna be alright." I looked over at Mir and he signalled for me to go over to him. "I'll leave you two alone" The doctor left with Seungho, leaving me and Mir alone.

I slowly made my way to the bed, holding Mir's hand. "Joonie, it doesn't matter if I'm gonna be in a wheelchair. If I'm with you, that's all that matters" He smiled. How can he be so strong? My little warrior.. "I'm proud of you Mir" I said and cupped his face. "I love you" He said. "I love you too" I said and gently pressed my lips against his.