Happy Birthday?

Tugging At My Heartstrings

Joon's POV

I walked into Mir's hospital room with a small birthday cake. It had one candle which lit the room.

"Happy Birthday to you~

"Happy Birthday to you~

"Happy Birthday Dear Mireu~

"Happy Birthday To You~"

I blew out the candles then sat on the chair beside his bed. I sat there staring at my boyfriend. I stared at his beautiful face. I love you Mir. I held his hand and kissed it. I hope he'll wake up. I love him so much, its killing me.. I sighed. 

I still can't believe all this has happened. Its been a week and he still hasn't woken up yet. Its his birthday as well.. This isn't fair.Please Mir, wake up... The door opened. "Joon?" I saw that it was Seungho hyung.

"Gwaenchanha?" He asked. I shook my head. He sighed and walked upto me. "Joon-ah~ Its not healthy for you to just sit and cry over Mir. Look, I know you're hurting but your health is deteriorating too. You're his boyfriend, do you really think he'll want you to do all this? You need to take care of yourself." Tears started pouring out of my eyes. Seungho hyung looked startled. "Ah... Joon, i didn't mean to upset you"

I shook my head. "Aniya, you're right. Mir hates it when i don't look after myself so he'll really hate this... But hyung, it hurts so much. I can't take this pain. Why does it have to be my Mireu? My precious Mireu... Wae? Its not fair.." I wiped my tears. "I can't do this anymore" I said in a slight whisper and walked to the window. "What do you mean?" Hyung followed me. I sighed and stared blanklessly out the window. "I don't know..."

My mind was all over the place and I wasn't thinking straight. "I don't know hyung... I just don't know" I was on the verge of breaking down. "Joon, tell me what you're thinking. Speak to me. Don't do anything stupid" My eyes were glued to the traffic outside. I watched as the people crossed the roads safely at the lights. "Hyung... I don't wanna live anymore" I said quietly. I didn't get a reply.

"Hyung?" I turned to look at him. His face was expressionless. "Are you crazy?!" He finally spoke. I sighed. "Without Mir, my life isn't worth living" I said. Hyung looked like he was about to explode. "You.. Joon! You can't possibly be thinking about killing yourself!" He said. I just shrugged my shoulders. "You're kidding me right?! Joon, tell me this is all a joke. Its just a cruel, sick joke and you're gonna end it right now."

I couldn't even look at him. "I wish it was too hyung.." I continued to stare outsie the window. "Oh my god... Ok Joon, listen to me" Hyung turned me to face him.

"Its his birthday and you're boyfriend is there fighting for his life and you're considering ending yours? He needs you! What if he wakes up? You say you can't live without your boyfriend but what about him? You think he can live without his boyfriend? And on his birthday? He won't be able to cope! Joon, you're the strong one here. You need to be protecting Mir and always be there for him. He will wake up. You need to believe in him. Don't ever say you're gonna end your life, you hear me?!"

As he spoke, i couldn't help but to cry again. Why must he be right? Why can't i just end everything? Just then, my ears perked up. "Joon?"