Seven

Of Maids & Men
“This is… unexpected.” I whispered to no one but the thin air that is now filled with an awkward atmosphere. All anybody could here at the moment were feet scuffling from the maids and spoons and knives clinking against plates due to the parents. No one uttered a word, afraid of making Mr. and Mrs. Kim angrier. 
 
“It happens every once in a while. They’re always like this. The boys never had a good relationship with their parents.” Sulli whispered towards me as we waited for the head of the family to quickly finish their dinner.
 
“So, they’ve never been around with their kids?” I directed towards the parents and Sulli nodded.
 
“It’s not that they don’t like them, they pay their love with money towards them.” Sulli concluded and I nod my head in an understanding way, remembering my own father back at home in our rundown apartment. My father was nothing like the Kim’s family. He was a drunken man who refused to work, therefore leaving a forced me to pay for the bills that were no where close to being paid off anytime soon. In fact, we were in debt.
 
“Yes, they usually leave the house when they have arguments, usually to a friend’s house.” Sulli said and as soon as the Kim family left the now empty table, her and I started our work, starting with cleaning the plates and eating utensils. It was quiet when we cleared the table but soon after we started washing the dishes, I broke the silence again, being curious and all.
 
“Do you know everything about Kai?” I started and Sulli stayed quiet for a few seconds before answering honestly. “We tell each other stuff, I’m not as close to him as he is to Sehun, but we still talk and hang when we got nothing better to do.” In other words, she was still pretty close.
 
“What kind of stuff does he tell you?”
 
Sulli was hesitant at first, I could see her eyes wanted to change subjects, but before I could quickly change the subject to make it more comfortable, she answered quickly. “You know, the usual. What he’s feeling and thinking about. Some of his secrets that others won’t understand.”
 
For some reason, I wanted to pry more, but I knew me being nosy won’t do any good. I wanted to know more about Sehun through Kai, through Sulli, but I had nothing to do with anyone of them, so I forced my curiosity to shut up and just let my mind do my actual job.
 
“After this, we’re going to clean their rooms.” Sulli announced after we finished drying, which was an hour later from our small conversation we had earlier.
 
My eyes had widened in surprise. “When you say their, do you mean Kai’s and Sehun’s?” I asked looking like an idiot, due to the fact that I’ll actually be in one of their rooms. Yes, I’ve been in Sehun’s room, but that was only to wake him up, and I only got a glimpse of the room, not remembering anything. But why would I need to remember? Unless I was a stalker, and no, I ‘m not.
 
 “Yes that’s exactly what I mean, along with the other occupied rooms in this mansion. It’s going to be a long day, so I suggest us get to work quickly.” Sulli said and I couldn’t help but think, the day has almost ended.
 
 
 
Now I knew what Sulli meant by “it’s going to be a long day”. 
 
All through the night, we worked for hours and now it’s the next day and it’s already ten. We were only half way done, and we still haven’t gotten to Sehun and Kai’s room. Not that I was anticipating it or anything, but my feet and arms were tired as heck.
 
Does each room really have to have a walk in closet that’s bigger than a bathroom? Yes, according to this house, yes. 
 
Sulli and I worked in separate rooms to make it go faster. She would be in the room across from me while I clean the room I’m in.  Not surprisingly, Mrs. And Mr. Kim’s room was already neat to begin with so I didn’t have to work twice as hard. Though I do admit that I did snoop a little. I was curious and had gone through their drawers, finding nothing useful. I didn’t exactly have a point to find anything.
 
“Okay, so I guess you can clean his room.” Sulli said and I was confused at first but notice the hallway that I walk in every night to continue to my own room. The room where the truth was hidden, where all my real clothes were contained in. 
 
“Y-you want me to clean Sehun’s room?” I asked stupidly and Sulli nodded. “The room across is bigger, I didn’t want you to tire out, unless you want to clean the bigger room?” 
 
“No!” I screamed and Sulli looked at me with a weird expression. Covering my mouth I fixed my mistake. “I mean, I’ll just clean Sehun’s room.” Walking without any replies, I slowly entered Sehun’s room.
 
This was actually my first time actually examining his room. It was small, but still considered big. His bed sheet was black and it was unmade. There was a desk in the corner with a closed laptop. This could be any boy’s’ room. It was exactly like a teenage boy’s, with clothes laying on the floor, unmade bed, and the hint of unorganized piles of stuff. 
 
Making my way to the bed first, I fixed his blanket and accidentally took a whiff and the smell was a good smell. It wasn’t heavy cologne, but of laundry and cleanness. 
 
Under the bed, I found old boxes that I organized. Putting all the clothes in the laundry basket, I vacuum the white carpet that surprisingly isn’t dirty at all.
 
Looking in his drawers, I quickly closed it when I saw boxers hanging out. Blushing little, I continue on to the bathroom.
 
The bathroom was small and simple compared to the other’s in the house. I swept the floor, then mopped it. Scrubbed the bathtub and toilet and sink. After all was finish, I open the drawers attached to the sink to empty any trash that was left. Moving junk around, I heard clatters against each other and it made me curious. Taking Sehun’s stuff out, one by one, I noticed the sharp end of what seemed to be a razor blade. It didn’t catch my eye at first, but when I noticed a hint of red stain in the corner, I examined it carefully. Eventually, I found a razor missing one of the blades and both of the items fit perfectly.
 
Does Sehun cu—
 
“Xiaoling? Are you done?” Sulli said from the doorway and I quickly put everything back in it’s place, except for the razor and the razor blade of course, I stupidly threw it in the trash can and took the bag with me to empty it. I didn’t know why I assume it, but it just looked terrifying to me.
 
 
 
 
Hours later, I was lying on the neat couch sweating. Though it was just cleaning, I found it to be very hot. 
 
 My mind was occupied. Occupied with that razor blade. It scared me to think what Sehun might be doing, but what would he do it for? I know I shouldn’t have been snooping around again, but I’m just too stubborn to listen to my mind. With the razorblade missing, I know he’ll eventually find out and start to question.
 
A knock was heard but I didn’t open it. Some other maid did and I think it was Krystal due to her squealing. “Oh! You guys are back! We made lunch!” Krystal said like an obsessed fangirl. I tilt my head to see Kai and Sehun walk in gracefully, but annoyingly at the maid. 
 
Both of them ignored the maids who offered lunch and other unnecessary things that not every normal people would be offered. They both headed straight upstairs and I gulped, hoping Sehun didn’t notice the missing razor and it’s blade. 
 

Hey, it's hoyourho ^^ I finished this update in class today and I hope you like it. Thank you for reading this ^^