Twelve

Of Maids & Men
 
Kyungsoo rings the doorbell for the fifth time, still as hesitant as he was the first time. He bites his lip while he continues to wait for someone to answer the door so that he can finally stop standing outside in the pouring rain. "Maybe no one's home..." he whispered to himself, but shakes his head as soon as the words leave his mouth. With ten maids and a family of four, there had to be at least one person home. "Please..." he begs as he rings the doorbell again, hoping someone will possibly hear him through the rain pounding at him. He feels a shiver run through him, causing him to wrap his arms around himself. He rings the doorbell once more.
 
"Yah! What are you doing?!" Kyungsoo hears a voice shouts at him from a distance. He turns around and spots a tall male figure dashing through the rain under a navy blue umbrella. His mind instantly panics, frantically asking things like 'what if he thinks you're a robber' and 'what if he's going to yell at you' and 'what if he calls the cops?'. His eyes widen when the male starts to get closer and closer and-
 
 
Oh no.
 
He has a few other people behind him.
 
 
 
 Oh, how he wished Tao was here, he would feel so much safer.
 
 
The male with the navy blue umbrella stops running when he arrives in front of Kyungsoo. He's taller by a few good centimeters. Water droplets that collected on his fringe fall onto his face, causing him to run a hand through his hair. Kyungsoo can't help but squirm at the simple yet intimate action. "What are you doing in the rain?" Kyungsoo blinks. He knows this voice. "It's raining really hard and you don't even have a jacket on! Aish, why haven't the maids opened the door for you..."
 
Kyungsoo sums up the courage to look up at his face.
 
 
It is Jongin.  
 
 
"...Kyungsoo?" 
 
"Jong- Kai..." He can't decide whether to call him Jongin or Kai. Kyungsoo tries his best to keep eye contact because Jongin's eyes are so dark and intense they make his anxiety slowly build up. "May I come inside? I have some papers for Xiaolong...I mean, Xiaoling."
 
Surprisingly, a soft smile dances on Jongin's lips instead of a smirk and Kyungsoo somehow suppresses the urge to blush. "Yeah, let me get my keys first." he stuffs one of his hands in his front pocket. "If the maids haven't answered the door for you, I'm guessing they're upstairs with my parents and there's loud music playing...or most of them left for their lunch break and Sehun doesn't want to answer the door." he flashed an apologetic smile at Kyungsoo, but the smaller male didn't notice since he was looking down at the ground now.
 
"Jongin!" Both Jongin and Kyungsoo looked up. "Hurry up and open the door!" a male voice shouted as he approached the two. Jongin grinned at the guy that Kyungsoo assumed was his friend. He pulled out a Pororo key chain with a couple of silver keys and dangled them in the air to show his friend. 
 
"They're right here, Yixing." 
 
"Aye now, don't call me that in front of the ladies okay? And is my outfit still good?" this Yixing guy turned around a couple of times. Jongin rolled his eyes.
 
"Not a single speck of dust, Princess Lay."
 
Yixing narrowed his eyes at Jongin. "Watch your mouth. I just want to make sure I look nice for them. That's how you get some, little flower boy. Of course..." he gave Jongin a good sweep up and down. "That's probably why you're still innocent and pure, my little angel-"
 
He cocked his head and suddenly pushed Jongin aside, locking his gaze on Kyungsoo's small frame. "Who's your little friend, Jongin?" Kyungsoo can practically feel Yixing's eyes burning holes into his body.
 
Jongin turns his back on Yixing, focused and working to unlock the door. He doesn't say anything for a while. Kyungsoo hears the click-clack of high heel shoes and knows a few girls arrive now as well. He hears Yixing greet them then they giggle, he silently hopes they weren't laughing at him. He knows he's not as fit as Jongin was and he knows he's just a little on the chubby side, but he still can't help but to listen to that nagging voice in his head.
 
"He's Xiaoling's-"
 
"Xiaoling? The new hot maid?" interuppts Yixing with a smirk on his face.
 
 "Yeah he's her," Jongin pauses, "....boyfriend. His name is Kyungsoo," Jongin says to Yixing's question. Kyungsoo widens his eyes at Jongin's answer. Him? Luhan's boyfriend?
 
Yixing stares at Kyungsoo. "Hm." is all he says. 
 
Jongin finally unlocks the front door and leads the way into his mansion. Kyungsoo can't help but be just as astonished as he was the first time he entered the huge building. He gazes around with wide eyes, taking in every detail. While looking around though, he accidentally finds himself eyeing Jongin's wonderful long legs and his hips. And wow. He admits, Jongin has a very nice body.
 
Probably because he's a dancer, he thinks to himself.
 
Jongin peers at Kyungsoo from behind his shoulder, causing Kyungsoo to quickly advert his eyes up to meet the taller's. "I'll go get Xiaoling," he tells Kyungsoo before he heads up the stairs. Kyungsoo watches him leave.
 
"Wow." 
 
Yixing's voice startles him, jumping back and almost knocking down a large expensive-looking porcelain vase behind him. He steadies it with shaky hands while debating if he should meet Yixing's piercing eyes. "W-what?" he managed to stutter out. Yixing stepped closer to him, a scowl etched onto his face as he looked down at Kyungsoo.
 
"You're not Xiaoling's boyfriend. I saw you staring at Jongin's ." he spat accusingly. Kyungsoo felt his anxiety skyrocket in just seconds. He peeks past the taller male and sees the girls sitting on the couch and chatting with each other. Yixing side steps, blocking his view.
 
"I-I am her boyfriend," he defends himself.
 
Yixing scoffs. "Don't lie. I saw. With my own two eyes."
 
"I wasn't checking him out!" he lied quickly, although Yixing didn't buy it. 
 
"Whatever, ." he hisses, shoving Kyungsoo to the ground. Kyungsoo feels his back hit the wall behind him, causing him to wince. A few girls look their way, wondering why Kyungsoo was on the ground, but they shrug it off. "Jongin is straight." Yixing squats down and buries his fingers in the other's dark hair. "Make sure you get that into your skull, alright, Kyungsoo?" he growls, giving Kyungsoo's head a rough tug backwards. He bites back a gasp.
 
"What are you doing, Lay?" an unfamiliar voice asks coldly. Kyungsoo feels the fingers digging into his scalp disappear as Yixing stands up, his previous scowl replaced by a bright grin.
 
"Sehun-ah!" he greets cheerfully, but Kyungsoo hears the nervousness in his voice. "How are you? I haven't seen you in ages. Wow, look at you! Have you lost weight?" he says all in one rushed breath. Kyungsoo sees this Sehun,  someone he's never seen before in this household, leaning on the door frame. He's tall, perhaps the same height as Jongin was, and his hair was dyed a unique shade of various colors. His eyes look like the same color as a starless night. He's wearing a loose long sleeve shirt the same color as his eyes.
 
Sehun ignores Yixing's words and turns his attention to the male on the floor. 
 
"Are you okay?" Sehun inquires with soft eyes, stepping past Yixing and towards Kyungsoo. He offers a hand to him while pushing Yixing back with his other hand. 
 
"Yes. Thank you," Kyungsoo whispers, gratefully accepting his hand. As he was being pulled up, he notices Sehun's expression warp to a pained grimace and his grip on Kyungsoo weakened briefly, but he places his free hand on his wrist to support it. When Kyungsoo is back on his feet, the three males hear footsteps descending the stairs and soon enough, Jongin and Luhan/Xiaoling appear.
 
"Sehun?" the maid and Jongin ask at the same time, both equally puzzled. They eye each other and Jongin nods as if to say 'You can speak first.' 
 
"Are you...feeling better from...earlier?" Xiaoling picks her words carefully. Kyungsoo sees Luhan's gaze flicker to Sehun's arm.
 
"Don't worry."
 
A confused frown makes its way on to Jongin's face, he looks back and forth between Xiaoling and his brother. "Sehun? What happened?"
 
"Nothing happened," retorted said boy, his words dripping with iciness and his eyes turning hard.
 
Jongin rolls his eyes. "Seriously Sehun," he pleads. "Are you okay?"
 
"Jongin, I'm sure he's fine." Yixing assures his friend impatiently, even though he has no clue what they're even talking about.
 
Sehun smiled bitterly. "You heard Lay. I'm perfectly fine." and with that, he his heel and fled back upstairs. 
 
"Is he always so emotional?" Yixing huffs when Sehun is gone.
 
"You don't know anything about him, so shut up!" snaps Jongin. Yixing and Kyungsoo are taken back by his harsh words.
 
Jongin releases a long sigh, "I'm sorry. Want to go upstairs or watch a movie in the livingroom?" Yixing smirks. 
 
"Let's watch a movie. I have something to tell you anyways," he glares at Kyungsoo, but Jongin doesn't see it. "See you later Kyungsoo! Nice meeting you~" he coos as he and Jongin join the group of girls on the couch.
 
- - - -
yay an update
I sincerely apologize if this chapter wasn't as good as any of you guys hoped for ;;-;; It seems rushed and badly wrote to me. i've been so tired and sad, but managed to pull a chapter together for you guys.
and btw...I seriously love Lay and I know he's not mean irl > < but I had to make someone mean in this story...
Happy late Valentines Day! I hope none of you were sad that day bc you guys didn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend TT TT 
ily all^^~ Comment and subcribe \n_n/
- tea-with-nuest