Three

Of Maids & Men
The next morning, I woke up at 4:30 am, just as Mrs. Kim ordered. It was difficult, but I managed to force my eyes open. The previous night, I was woken up around ten and had to clean the kitchen and livingroom until midnight. My back was aching from having to bend down so much and my arms were numb from the continuous scrubbing. I silently prayed that my second day wouldn't be too harsh on my body.
 
Making my way to the small bathroom, I yawned and rub my eyes sleepily. I had thirty minutes to get ready, then I had to head downstairs. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I applied my makeup in the specific instructions that Tao had ordered. I slipped my maid outfit on carefully, after that, putting my wig on my head. It took twenty minutes. Since I still had some time left, I decided to fix my bed then text Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
To: Kyungsoo
 
From: Luhan
 
Kyunggie, I'm okay and doing fine~ Hopefully Mrs. Kim will let me go home at the end of the week?? I doubt it though...please bring me my notes today. ^^; Bye~~ I miss you and your yummy food alreadyyyyy c: Tell Tao that I'm doing fine too & that I'll miss his panda face kekeke~ Well I'm off on another day = =; Wish me luck!
 
 
 
 
Putting my phone in a drawer, I watched as the red glowing numbers on my digital clock change to 5:00 am. Sighing, I got up and headed downstairs to the kitchen. Which way was it again? Do I turn a left or right? I peered down the hallway, whining quietly and stomping my feet. I head down this hallway. . . . .make a left. . . . .then. . . . .ughh. I pulled on my wig in annoyance. I decided to head back to my room so that I could retrace my steps, but I had gotten lost.
 
"Why is this house so damn big?" I whispered to myself, pausing in the middle of the hallway, trying to remember how to even get to the stairs.
 
"Ahm, are you lost?" 
 
I spun around, nearly falling over. "Yah! You startled me!" I half-shrieked, half-whispered. I faced a slim young woman with long straight honey colored hair. She had on a good amount of eyeliner and her skin was blemish free.
 
She smiled, showing her perfect straight teeth. "I can tell. You're the new girl I've been hearing about so much." I nodded.
 
"My name is-"
 
"Xiaoling, I know." she laughed softly. "My name is Lizzy. Follow me. We need to hurry downstairs. Can't be late or you'll loose your job." she half-joked, grabbing my wrist and leading me through the twists and turns of the hallway. I struggled to keep up with her fast walking pace because of my uncomfortable footwear. Within minutes, we were in the kitchen. My feet were beginning to ache already.
 
"Mrs. Kim, please excuse us. I had to help Xiaoling-ah to the kitchen since she was lost." Lizzy bowed respectfully, also shoving my head down because I had slow reactions and didn't bow in time with her. Mrs. Kim simply stared at us with half-lidded eyes and pursed ruby red lips.
 
"Don't be late next time, Xiaoling. This is your first and last warning." the older woman warned me. It wasn't a threat, but the strictness in her voice sent shivers through my body. "If you needed help to get down here, you could have woken Sehun up so he could guide you downstairs. There's a reason I placed you beside my son's room." I blushed sheepishly and nodded.
 
"Yes, Mrs. Kim." 
 
She smiled, but it wasn't as friendly as usual. "Good! Now, go wake Sehun and Jongin. Today is a school day. I'm sure you know where your own room is and Sehun's is right beside yours. To get to Jongin's room, just make a right turn and keep walking down. His room is the last room on the left. Now off you go, Xiaoling." she quickly shooed me away with her hands. Mentally groaning, I headed back upstairs. How did she expect me to find my way back when I couldn't even get down here by myself?
 
I struggled to remember the opposite way that I came. After almost ten minutes of guessing which way to go, I was lucky to find myself awkwardly standing in front of Sehun's room. 
 
"How am I supposed to wake Sehun up?" I mumbled, rubbing my arms. "Do I knock?" I asked myself. "What if he yells at me?"
 
I knocked.
 
"Sehun? Your mother said to wake up." I said loudly so that he could hear me through the door.
 
There was no reply.
 
I knocked again. Still, silence was the only answer I got. I nervously told myself to just go in and shake him.
 
Quietly, I opened the door and slipped in. I tiptoed to the bed, seeing a familiar fluff of rainbow streaked hair poking through the sheets. "Sehun~" I whispered, slightly shaking him. I would be lying if I said Sehun didn't intimidate me. The few times I've saw him, he was always wearing a scowl or an emotionless face. He was tall too, somewhere around Jongin's height. Though he wasn't nearly as muscular as his brother, Sehun's body was lean and still had some muscle to it.
 
"Sehun~" I tried again, shaking his shoulders more roughly. He still didn't budge.
 
Irritated, I yanked the blanket off the sleeping male, only to find that there was another blanket underneath. I groaned and threw the other blanket off him as well. "Wake up!!" I shouted in frustration and began slapping his shoulders. His eyes flew open and he sat up, surprising me with his sudden actions. 
 
"What do you want?" he asked in a cold tone, glaring at me darkly. I gulped.
 
"Ahm. . . I. . . . .your mother. She, uhm, told me to wake you up since it's a, uh, school day." I sputtered. He continued glaring at me.
"You didn't have to slap me." he grumbled.
 
"You wouldn't wake up!" I reasoned.
 
"That doesn't mean to harm me." he snapped, his glare deepening. "Since you're our maid, you must respect me. What you did was disrespectful." I bit my lip, realizing he was right. "But I'll let you slide this time, since you're new." he rolled his eyes. Sehun slowly rose out of bed and stood to stretch his long limbs. I blushed and looked away, realizing that he had on a white wife beater and grey gym shorts. However, my gaze lingered back to him, noticing a black tatoo poking out from beneath the fabric of his wife beater. (a/n: To see what I mean (sorry the font is so big??)-- http://bida-pan.tumblr.com/post/55044407323/sehuns-chest-tattoo ) 
 
I also saw white bandages wrapped tightly on his left bicep, traveling up until it reached his shoulder as well. His wrists were wrapped too, but I thought nothing of the bandages. In fact, I hadn't even seen it because it nearly blended in with his pale skin. I tore my eyes away from his body and looked him in the eye. 
 
"I understand. Forgive me." I bowed.
 
He was surprised by my sudden politeness. However, he chose not to say anything. He brushed past me wordlessly, slamming his bathroom door shut. I sighed and left his room, hoping that Jongin was a more pleasant person to wake up.
 
- - - - -
 
I heard Jongin enter the kitchen, plopping down in his seat with a heavy groan because he was still groggy from waking up early. Several maids (one of them was Krystal) immidiently rushed to his side, bombarding him with questions like,
 
 
 
"Master Kai, may I be of any service to you?"
 
"Master Kai, are you hungry?"
 
"Jongin-ssi, should I make you coffee?"
 
"Oppa, do you want me to give you a back massage?"
 
"How are you feeling, master?"
 
"Are you sick, Jongin-ssi?"
 
 
 
I quietly scoffed. Was Jongin this popular with the ladies?
 
To my surprise, Jongin let out a deep growl, scaring off the maids as they scuttled into the back room of the kitchen. It was just myself, Lizzy, and some other maid with short hair that was dyed light-blue.
 
Jongin looked at us, his gaze as piercing as ever. "Xiaoling. Lizzy. Lime. I'm hungry. Get me something to eat." he commanded us. In a minute flat, we made him an omelet, rice, and a warm cup of milk. We placed the meal in front of him, then bowed and backed away. He nodded as a thanks.
 
Jongin was about halfway done with his meal when Sehun came in. He silently sat beside his brother. I noticed a black earbud in each of his ears. Jongin rose his eyebrows at us, munching his food. "What are you waiting for? Sehun's not like me, he expects you to give him breakfast right away even if he doesn't say so." he scoffed. 
 
Spoiled kid.
 
We quickly began cooking again In another minute, we cooked the same thing we had for Jongin and placed it front of the youngest. I noticed that Jongin's plate was empty.
 
"Do you want more food-" 
 
Jongin sighed impatiently and shoved his plate forward into my arms. 
 
"I'm done eating. Sehun-ah, do you want me to wait for you?" Jongin asked his brother as he yawned, slinging his bag over his shoulder. Sehun didn't hear him, only continued to take small bites in his omelet.
 
Jongin huffed. "Sehun-ah." he tried again, tapping his foot. When Sehun didn't reply, the brunette roughly tore the two earbuds out of his ears and dangled them in front of his brother's face. 
 
"Sehun-ah, do you want me to wait for you?" Jongin asked again. Sehun shook his head and snatched his earbuds.
 
"Go on ahead. I'll just be pushed back by your fangirls if we walk together." the brunette let out a small chuckle at his sibling's words, but he didn't deny it.
 
"Alright. We'll walk together tomorrow then. See you at school." Jongin waved goodbye. Sehun gave a small wave, causing the long butter-yellow sleeve of his school uniform to fall slightly. I didn't miss how Jongin's eyes harden at seeing the bandages on Sehun's wrists and apparently, neither did Sehun because he harshly tugged his sleeves back down.
 
 
I felt the atmosphere suddenly become dark and thick with tension.
 
"Sehun."
 
"Go, Jongin." Sehun replied, no emotion in his voice. I watched as he furiously jabbed his omelet.
 
"Sehun." his voice dropped an octave. I heard the warning in his tone. It was bizarre to hear Jongin's voice so serious instead of his usual flirtatious carefree one.
Lizzy, Lime, and I slowly back farther away, uncomfortable with how harsh the two males's tones were while talking to each other.
 
"We're going to talk later." Jongin said firmly. Sehun's emotionless expression vanished as he slammed his eating utensils on his plate, startling Lizzy and I.
 
"No. Leave, Kai." Sehun suddenly growled, scooting his chair back so he could stand. When he stood up, he shoved his brother towards the door. The three of us gasped when Jongin was hurled against the wood, causing his breath to slightly hitch.
 
Jongin snarled. "Sehun-"
 
"Kai, shut up," Sehun grabbed Jongin's collar, pulling him forward then shoving him against the door again, this time with more force. Jongin hissed in pain, glaring venomously at Sehun. "and leave." he finished. Sehun yanked the door open and threw his brother out, slamming the door afterwards.
 
Sehun whirled around to glare at us. "One word to my parents about this, and I will accuse the three of you of eavesdropping on me. We all know that that will get all of you fired." he threatened. We nodded, too frightened to speak.
 
"Good." he put his earbuds into his ears, then his heels to leave.
- - - - -
 
 
a/n: So yep. Comment and subscribe, pleaseu? It'll get better as the story goes on because I'm not good with beginnings ._. Next chapter will be of Sehun & Jongin, maybe a little bit of Luhan. ^^; 
Bye~
 
- tea-with-nuest