Twenty One

Of Maids & Men
"Kyungsoo-ah, what happened back there?" Luhan demanded, almost seething in anger. He guided them both to a stone bench beside a wire arch laced with vivid flowers. When they sat down, Kyungsoo released a long sigh through his nose.
 
"All that happened was that a maid let me in and Yixing was already there, sitting on the couch with his phone. When he saw me he started saying stuff. Then, you walked in and told him to stop...and you know everything else from there," he muttered. Luhan rubbed his friend's back in a feeble attempt to comfort him.
 
"Xiaoling," Jongin's voice pierced through the silence of the garden. Luhan bowed immediately even though he knew Jongin hated it when he bowed. "You can leave now. Thank you," he said while walking towards the two friends. Luhan nodded. Before he left, he met Kyungsoo's gaze and only hoped he held an assuring glint in his eyes.
 
After seeing the maid's petite form follow the cobblestone path and exit through slide doors, he turned to the older male. "Kyungsoo, I'm really sorry about my friend. He can be a bit rude sometimes," he chuckled bitterly. Kyungsoo shook his head, a hard smile pasted on his lips.
 
"It's okay, Kai." Jongin froze at hearing his nickname escape Kyungsoo's plump lips. The same nickname that he decided to call himself. The nickname that he used at school for his rebellious, care free, playboy (and probably rude) attitude. The same nickname that Sehun hated and only used in anger. "I've had worse."
 
Something about that simple three-worded phrase i've had worse, made Jongin clench his fists and clench his jaw. There were people out there would actually emotionally or physically harm Kyungsoo, even worse than what Yixing had. The idea of it alone made his blood boil.
 
He exhaled with a soft smile and forced himself to remain reserved. "Please," he hoped he didn't sound too pleading, "Call me Jongin." He let his smile widen, feeling his eyes slightly curve.
 
A faint blush decorated Kyungsoo's cheeks. "Okay." He tested the name in his mouth. "Jongin."
 
i want this, Jongin suddenly found himself thinking as a warm feeling exploded in his chest. i want pink on kyungsoo's cheeks, i want kyungsoo's cooking, i want his narrow shoulders, his voice, his wide eyes. i want his everything and to be his everything.
 
The words flew past his lips before he was even aware of the question in his head. "Will you go out with me?"
 
The pink on Kyungsoo's cheeks flared into a dark red. "Exc-cuse me, I-- W-what did y-you s-say?" he sputtered with eyes rounder than usual.
 
Jongin couldn't help but laugh at his shocked expression. Inside, he mentally smashed his face into a brick wall for asking such an abrupt and blunt question. "I said," he cleared his throat and swallowed down his embarrassment. "Would you like to go out with me?" He offered a grin at Kyungsoo, but held his breath in the anxious pause.
 
"Like...as in...a....date?" he whispered slowly. 
 
Jongin nodded, "As in a date," he confirmed. 
 
 
Kyungsoo wrung his hands.
 
"Uhm," he squirmed nervously.
 
Jongin smirked. He knew he was going to get this date. After all, he had never been rejected by the dozens of girls that he asked out.
 
"Uhm," Kyungsoo repeated, nibbling his bottom lip.
 
"Well?"
 
"No."
 
 
Jongin blinked once, twice. "What?"
 
Kyungsoo rose from the stone bench with bleeding lips. "I said no," he informed with a shaky voice. "Excuse me now, I have to leave. And....and find Xiaolong- dammit -" Jongin slightly rose his eyebrows in surprise. "Xiaoling," Kyungsoo corrected himself with a frown. Before Jongin could say anything else, Kyungsoo fled the garden and headed back inside. Only the sound of the slide door snapping shut filled the air. 
 
- - - -
 
To: Luhan
From: Kyungsoo
 
I'm so stupid
 
 
 
To: Kyungsoo
From: Luhan
 
what why
 
 
 
To: Luhan
From: Kyungsoo
 
Jongin asked me out on a date and I said no.
 
 
 
To: Kyungsoo
From: Luhan
 
oh
yeah, you're pretty stupid
 
 
 
To: Luhan
From: Kyungsoo
 
I don't even know why I said no?? Because I really do want to go on a date with him???
 
 
 
To: Kyungsoo
From: Luhan
 
i know why
 
 
 
To: Luhan
From: Kyungsoo
 
Why? Please, tell me. 
 
 
 
To: Kyungsoo
From: Luhan
 
because you're stupid ( ̄ω ̄) 
 
- - - -
 
To: Kyungsoo
From: Tao
 
I heard you rejected the mighty Kim Jongin!! ~(>_<~) Why gege!! You two were made for each other! I can feel it in my soul!!
 
 
 
To: Tao
From: Kyungsoo
 
Go to sleep. It's 3am in China right now. 
 
 
 
To: Kyungsoo
From: Tao
 
Your relationship is more important than my sleep!
 
 
 
Kyungsoo shut his phone off, but that didn't stop Tao from sending him another thirty messages explaining why him and Jongin were the perfect couple.
 
- - - -
 
A/n: I'm very sorry if I got some of your hopes up for a decent chapter, but I've been kind of tired and sad lately (or maybe I'm just a sad person in general idk). So I guess I've been slacking off to try to get my crap together. It's not a really good reason, so I understand if some of you guys are disapointed. Again, I apologize and hopefully, the next chapter will be better.
 
-shixiin