Eighteen

Of Maids & Men
 
A/n: Awkward writing ahead. Also, sorry for typos OTL I was really excited to finish this chapter.
 
Reminder; this is what Luhan's uniform looks like.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
S E H U N
 
 
"It's not a good horror movie if you fall asleep in the middle of it," Sehun whispered with a small smile while looking down at a sleeping Jongin. About fourty minutes into the movie, Jongin placed his head into Sehun's lap. The younger almost scooted away from him, but as if Jongin knew his intentions, he shot him a disgustingly blinding cute grin. Sehun sighed and gave in. Twenty minutes after that, Jongin fell asleep. After the happened and the movie approached the resolution, Sehun grew uninterested. The movie was cliche, it's plot just like about every other horror movie, and his stomach was grumbling. He decided to check downstairs to see what they had stocked in the pantry. He knew it would probably be stuffed to the max, since Jongin was constantly hungry which led to frequent snacking.
 
Sehun carefully placed his hands on both sides of Jongin's tanned face and lifted it off his lap before scooting out from under him and setting a fluffy pillow underneath his head. His breathing didn't even waver. Sehun laughed through his nose, pleased. "I'll be back," he told him, even though Jongin was too deep asleep to hear his words. 
 
The younger brother silently padded down the hallway in his socks, then descended the dozens of stairs. He half expected a chorus of polite greetings from the maids, but none came. As he passed by the clock, he glanced at it. It read 1:30. He realized the maids were on their lunch break and would return an hour later. When Sehun reached the pantry, he opened the door and peered inside. It wasn't as full as usual, but he found a bag of cheap chocolate chip cookies and grabbed it eagerly. Good enough, he thought. He didn't want Jongin to wake up to find him missing, so he quickly rushed back upstairs.
 
On his way to the gameroom, he passed by Xiaoling's room. The maid didn't cross his mind until that moment. He slowed to a stop in front of the wide open door, surprised to find her still in the house when she could already be out relaxing. Xiaoling was facing away from him, her long caramel hair flowing down to the middle of her back. She was talking on her cellphone in a language he didn't understand, but knew by the sounds of sharp tones and strong vowels that it was Chinese. From the sound of it, she was laid-back and chatting happily with a friend maybe.
 
Or boyfriend, Sehun added with a bitter press of his lips.
 
The maid laughed softly at something the other person said from the opposite side of the line. While she snapped back a playful reply, he was stunned to see her peel off her hair. He blinked, feeling a frown etching his face. She paused for a moment, scoffed, then nonchalantly threw the wig into her closet. Sehun blinked.
 
 
Wait a second-
 
 
Using her shoulder, Xiaoling held the phone against her ear and continued talking. She hummed at something on the phone and replied with a two-syllable phrase. She removed her heels, also throwing those in the closet with a content sigh. She was certainly a lot shorter now, dropping a few centimeters. She tugged at the black bands of fabric on her wrists and dropped them to the floor before kicking them aside.  She reached behind her neck before yanking the bow off. Sehun's eyes bugged out of his skull when she began untying the white cloth that hung over her black skirt. He knew what was coming. She was undressing herself to change into more casual clothing for her break.
 
Maybe, he did have some feelings for her because she was certainly attractive and a decent person. But did he really kind of fall in love with her? She could be a he. The only way he would find out was if he saw with his own two eyes.
 
Sehun wasn't innocent. He had seen ual things on the internet, and even in person when Jongin used to bring countless girls home, although it was nothing like this.
 
An unknown question left the maid's lips. He watched her hands travel up to her blouse, most likely to it. She tsked with annoyance. In the blur of Chinese words, Sehun heard his name. Twice actually. He cocked his head, wondering what she was saying about him.
 
Xiaoling set her phone on her bed and pressed something on the screen. When Sehun heard another person's unfamiliar voice booming through the tranquility of her room, he realized she turned her phone on speaker. She lifted her arms above her head, removing the white tanktop underneath it as well. Look away! Sehun's mind screamed at him. Look away. This isn't right. This isn't right. You're ing watching her undress, Sehun. Stop this. Leave now. You're being ing creepy. Leave!
 
He couldn't. Her skin was just as pale and milky as he imagined it to be. The person on the opposite line, a guy definitely, said something in a tone that Sehun deemed to be teasing. She replied instantly through a laugh, also shaking her head and causing her short brown hair to flop around.  She muttered a few words and nodded to herself. 
 
Sehun heard Xiaoling tell the other person something that sounded demanding before turning around. Sehun let his eyes travel down to her chest.
 
There was nothing.
 
Well, to be more specific, there were s, but no s like a woman would have. She was completely flat like a sheet of paper.
 
 
Xiaoling immediately locked gazes with Sehun, her eyes rounding out as she gasped. With a sharp inhale, she muttered a single word under her breath.
 
-
 
L U H A N 
 
"How is everything? It's really quiet over here now without your loud mouth," I teased. Zitao huffed.
 
"Wow thanks. Everything is fine, gege."
 
"Are you still going to take wushu?"
 
"When I earn more money, then maybe I'll continue," answered the younger.
 
I felt my brows crinkle slightly. "Be careful, okay? Don't hurt your waist."
 
Zitao quickly changed the subject. "Shouldn't you be on break right now?" There was a pause, "It must be....around 1:30 in Korea right now. Isn't that your break time?" Zitao asked curiously.
 
I shrugged even though he couldn't see it. "I'm in no rush. Besides, it's nice talking to you too."
 
I could hear the smile in his voice. "I see. So how's Kyungsoo and that Jongin guy?"
 
I grinned, "Kyungsoo hasn't been over here for a while now, he must be busy. I bet he's dying to see Jongin again."
 
Zitao's rather girly laugh filled my ears, making my grin spread. "How much do you want to bet that they will hook up?"
 
I rolled my eyes. "You have no money, Zitao."
 
"I'm still willing to make a bet!"
 
I smirked, "You're going to lose, Zitao." I scoffed. "Fourty dollars if Kyungsoo makes the first move."
 
"Fourty dollars if Jongin makes the first move," he stated with no fear in his voice.
 
"Jongin's not going to do it," I informed him. "I don't know much about him, but I know enough to know that he is probably questioning whether or not he's gay."
 
"You don't know him, gramps," Zitao reasoned with a whiny tone in his voice. I laughed at the way Zitao talked as if him and Jongin were life long friends, but in reality all he knew about Jongin was that he lived in a mansion and his family was filthy rich.
 
"And you do? You brat," I retorted playfully, tugging my wig off my head with a sly smile.
 
"Another fourty dollars if Jongin kisses him in the next six weeks?" he offered.
 
"That's not going to happen. Not that quickly anyways."
 
"Sixty dollars, then."
 
I scoffed, tossing my wig into the closet. "You're broke."
 
"I am not."
 
"You just got to Qingdao a few days ago, Zitao. You barely have money."
 
"What's your point, gege."
 
I pressed my phone against my ear using my shoulder. I hummed, thinking, before I spoke. "Zitao," I said firmly. I began removing my annoying shoes, holding the desk with one hand to steady myself.
 
"Come on, Luhan ge. It'll be fine. Besides you can always just send me money," he said jokingly. Knowing Zitao all these years though, I knew he wasn't joking. It was his way of saying i'm going to lightly suggest something i want you to do.
 
I rolled my eyes. "Be rational. Fourty dollars was fine, but now it increased to one hundred." I threw the heels in the closet, hearing them land next to my wig. "You don't even have that much money." I pulled at the fabric on my wrists and dropped to the floor, then kicked them aside carelessly. 
 
"It's worth it," Zitao chuckled. "Besides, if I win, I get one hundred dollars! It won't even be a big loss for you since you get paid so much anyways. Think of it as giving me lots of birthday money."
 
I roughly yanked the bow around my neck off with an hushed hiss as I felt the elastic snap against the flesh on my neck. I paused, waiting for a worried are you okay?, but to my relief, Zitao was still babbling on about something I accidentally tuned out of. I reached back to undo the white mini apron tied around my waist. It felt relieving to remove all the bothersome layers of clothing. To be honest, I wasn't even sure how I made myself wear this uniform every single day and remove it ever single night, piece by piece.
 
"...and then you  and Kyungsoo could come with me," I heard Zitao finish with a wide grin. I blinked.
 
"I- uh, can you repeat all of that?" I asked. My hands traveled up my black v-neck blouse, fingers itching to it so that I could change into a t-shirt.
 
Zitao released a girly laugh again. "Nevermind, gramps. I was rambling and you were probably thinking about a certain someone," he cooed suggestively. 
 
I tsked as I began working on the buttons. "No, you idiot. I was not thinking of Sehun. I was undressing myself so I could just go ahead and leave. I do not like Sehun, except maybe, possibly in a friend way." 
 
"Okay," Zitao replied flatly, clearly not believing me. I felt my cheeks tingle, but tried to force myself to stop blushing. 
 
"Hey, I'm putting you on speaker so I can take my shirt off," I informed him. I set my cellphone on my bed. I pressed the speaker button on the screen. The last syllable of well okay boomed in the air. I rose my arms above my head and tugged the bottom of my tucked blouse out from underneath my skirt before grasping onto the hem, as well as my tanktop. I peeled off both layers at once, welcoming the feeling of cool air on my torso.
 
"You better make sure your precious boy isn't there behind you, watching you change. Imagine if he saw and found out," Tao suggested playfully.
 
"Shut up. He's busy right now," I retorted through a (nervous) laugh, shaking my head. "Although, Zitao does have a point. I should probably shut the door," I whispered to myself, quiet enough to ensure that the younger Chinese would not hear my words and rub it in my face.
 
"Is he?" 
 
"Yes, he is." I snapped, firm and assured. Zitao chuckled. I my heels, only to see Oh Sehun standing in front of my door. I saw his intense gaze flicker to my chest, causing my cheeks to flare a dark red. Our eyes met.
 
"," I muttered under my breath.