Ten

Of Maids & Men
A sorta filler chapter for those that didn't understand chapter nine c: 
FYI: Kyungsoo's & Tao's part is a while before (perhaps an hour or less) Chapter 9. Kai, Sehun & Luhan's part takes place a few days after Chapter 9.
 
WARNING: A bit of cursing and self-harm.
 
- - - -
 
Kyungsoo peered down at the caller ID on his vibrating phone. 
 
 
Call from: Tao
 
 
He frowned, wondering what Tao wanted to say. He found it unusual that Tao was even calling him, since Tao preferred small amounts of texting or face-to-face conversations.
 
"Tao?" he answered with a questioning tone.
 
"Hyung?" Tao replied softly.
 
"Hey, what did I tell you? We're only four months apart, no need to address me so formally. And what's up? Does my panda have something to tell me?" he teasingly used Tao's nickname that Luhan had given him a while back when they found out that Tao took Wushu.
 
Tao chuckled half-heartily and that's when Kyungsoo knew something was wrong.
 
"What's wrong, Tao?" he questioned immidiently.
 
There was no response.
 
"Tao," he said firmly, but gently at the same time. "You can tell me," he urged.
 
Kyungsoo heard Tao clear his throat. "Okay. . . . . but first promise not to get mad at me."
 
If it weren't for the situation, he would have laughed, but Kyungsoo didn't. He could never be mad at Tao because Tao was like his baby brother. Except he was Chinese. And he was taller. And more built. And more intimidating. And stronger, but whatever. "Okay, I promise."
 
"uhm, okay. Well, y-you know how I like that boy. . . . . Wufan?"
 
Kyungsoo smiled, "Ah, yes. The Chinese student that goes to your school, right? Tall? Blonde?" 
 
He heard Tao shuffling some papers in the background. "Y-yeah. Well, some people found out I like him and. . . .uhmm . . . ."
 
Kyungsoo scowled, not liking where this conversation was going already. "And what."
 
"They. . ..they said I wasn't welcomed there. . . ." Kyungsoo heard Tao's voice break, "and they--sniff--then they told Wufan. They told Wufan, hyung!!"
 
Kyungsoo grit his teeth together, "What did he do?"
 
Tao let out a quiet sob, "H-he said I look 'too exotic'. . .  told. . .  m-me to go. . . . .  away."
 
"WHAT?!" Kyungsoo suddenly shrieked angrily into the phone. He heard Tao wince on the other line. "HE BASICALLY CALLED YOU A FREAK. HOW COULD HE? THAT IS AN AWFUL THING TO SAY! ISN'T HE CHINESE, TOO? GOD, THAT-" Tao cringed, removing the phone from his ear for a brief second because he preferred not to hear Kyungsoo's outrageous amount of cursing. "-YOU CAN'T CONTROL WHO YOU LIKE AND HOW-
 
"Hyung. . . . "
 
"YOU FEEL ABOUT SOMEONE WHY WOULD HE-
 
"h-hyung. . . . "
 
"EVEN DO THAT WAIT UNTIL I-
 
"Hyung!!"
 
Kyungsoo silenced himself with a harsh snap of his jaw. 
 
"I-It's okay. He's right. Everyone's right. I should go back to China for a while. Besides, I'm getting homesick. I really miss Qingdao," Tao muttered. "That's why I called you. . . .to tell you I'm moving back. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but just until I'm. . . .  fine and everything. . . . .settles down again."
 
Kyungsoo's eyes widened and his jaw dropped open, "Do you need money? Where did you even get money to buy the ticket? Who are you staying with?"
 
"Don't worry, hyung. I can get a job. My grandmother helped me pay for the ticket, so I'll be staying with her," Tao answered. Kyungsoo faintly heard the sound of a zipper in the background and he wondered if Tao was already packing his suitcase. "I-I'm really sorry, hyung. I really am. I didn't want to move and I know it's selfish of me-
 
"No, no. It's fine, Tao. I understand why. I just hope. . . .you're happy in China," he said sincerely, swallowing down the lump forming in his throat.
 
"If you don't mind telling Luhan ge bye for me? I know he's been really busy with his job, so that's why I think I shouldn't call him right now. Also, tell him to take care of himself," Tao said weakly. He was getting emotional again.
 
"I will, Tao. Take care of yourself, too okay?" Kyungsoo tried to make himself smile.
 
"Yeah, I will.  Don't worry too much."
 
"You won't have me to bandage your wounds, or to cook for you, or to talk to, or to watch movies with, or to cuddle with every time you have a nightmare-
 
Tao laughed, strained and choked by tears. "S-stop hyung. You're going to make us both cry," he  pleaded. Kyungsoo could picture the weak smile on his face right now. 
 
In the background, Kyungsoo heard what sounded like an old man shouting, "Yah! Hurry up, stupid kid!" followed by what sounded like a weak grunt from Tao.
 
Remembering that Tao had asthma problems, Kyungsoo panicked. He quickly called out Tao's name, "Tao? Tao? Are you alright?"
 
It was a few seconds of some rustling on the other line before Tao answered again. He coughed a few times before speaking, "Kyungsoo hyung, my flight is here-
 
You're already at the airport?!" Kyungsoo exclaimed in disbelief, his heart dropping to his feet. "Why did you decide to tell me at the last minute?" he complained. He admitted he was hurt that Tao didn't tell him sooner about his trip back home. That way, he could have at least packed some food and drinks for the younger boy.
 
"Y-yeah," Tao replied sheepishly, "I just thought it would be easier like this, you know? A quick good-bye instead of a longer one that would have made you guys cry."
 
"Oh god, Tao." Kyungsoo sighed. He ran a hand through his hair, "Okay, fine. Have a safe flight. Text me or call me when you land," he almost ordered.
 
"I will, I promise! Once again, I'm sorry for being selfish and leaving you guys-
 
"Shut your mouth. I'll have none of that," Kyungsoo snapped.
 
Tao decided to not continue that sentence. "Bye, hyung. Thank you for everything you've done so far. Don't forget me," he joked, but Kyungsoo could tell he was being serious. "and you better get yourself some of that wonderfully beautiful tan Kim boy," Tao teased in an attempt to lighten the mood.
 
Kyungsoo's face immidiently flushed a bright pink. "Y-yah! What are talking about? I don't like him-
 
"That's not what I think, hyung. You should see the way you talk about him, even if it's in a bad way." Tao interrupted, causing the older's face to turn even brighter. Kyungsoo ran a hand down his face, already picturing the -eating grin the Chinese male probably had on his face right now.
 
"Whatever, brat." he cleared his throat. "And you know I would never forget you, Tao. My little panda," Kyungsoo bit his lip to try not to cry.
 
"uhm. . . . .wait, what was that word? The word in Korean," Tao paused, "that means, 'I love you' ? Isn't it like saran-ha? Sarang-yo? Sara-hyea? No, no. It's-
 
Saranghae." Kyungsoo answered, tears welling up in his large eyes.
 
"Right! Saranghae, Kyungsoo hyung. Tell Luhan gege I said 'Saranghae,' too." Kyungsoo blinked a few times, willing himself to not cry.
 
Then, Kyungsoo heard a female voice on the other line politely say, "Sir, please turn off all electronic devices. The plane is about to take off. Thank you."
 
"Sorry," he head Tao mutter, but he didn't know if that was to him or the flight attendant. Kyungsoo blinked once, twice, three times; waiting for Tao to say a few other final words, but there was none. He realized that Tao had ended the call.
 
He swallowed and squeezed his eyes shut. "Lu, you need to know this right now." 
 
He exhaled deeply as he slipped on his shoes and threw on a random coat and proceeded to head to the Kim mansion.
 
 
- - - -
 
Jongin hated how all he could think about was Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo. It was always, Kyungsoo this, Kyungsoo that. 
 
"I'm not in love with him. I don't like him. I just think he's. . . . . unique. Yeah," he nodded furiously as he spoke to himself. There was no way Kim Jongin had a crush on another boy. He liked girls, didn't he? "Besides, Kyungsoo's probably dating Xiaoling, since he comes to give her paper and stuff. He sounds like a good boyfriend." He nods again.
 
He sighed and headed downstairs, deciding to eat something to get Kyungsoo off his mind. He starts descending the stairs and thinks of what he would want to eat so that he could tell one of the maids to make it for him. 
 
"Kimchi. I want kimchi," he said to himself, then mentally facepalms because he realizes that he doesn't want any old plain kimchi, he wants Kyungsoo's kimchi. "Dammit," he grumbled to himself.
 
Once he reaches the kitchen, he calls out, "Sulli! Are you in here?" Out of the corner of his eyes, he sees Sulli enter through the doorway that connects to the livingroom. 
 
"Yes, Kai? Are you hungry?" she asked as she continued wiping a sparkling glass champagne cup with a piece of white cloth. 
 
"Yeah, could you make me kimchi?" he requested politely, giving her a small smile afterwards. She nodded and told him to wait while she put the cup back on the coffee table in the livingroom. She returned again, her dainty hands pulling her ebony hair into a bun. 
 
Kyungsoo has black hair, too. It's shinier though.
 
Jongin mentally cringed, however his eye twitched slightly.
 
Sulli grinned at her childhood friend, not knowing the suffering(???) he was going through. "Okay, so how do you want it?" she asked as she pulled out a chopping board, knife, plate, and scissors from various cabinets in the kitchen.
 
"I want all the seasoning in it," he replied right away, surprising Sulli, as well as himself. 
 
"I thought you only like some of the seasoning, not all-
 
I do now. Get to work because I'm hungry."
 
She rolled her eyes at him, but still had a smile on her face. Jongin stood behind her the whole time, analyzing her cooking and unconsciously comparing her techniques to Kyungsoo's. He decided that Kyungsoo definitely had better techniques (by a long-shot actually), but it wasn't because he was biased or anything. It was just that Sulli wasn't as good as a cook as Kyungsoo was. Kyungsoo probably cooked for Xiaoling all the time; him being the good boyfriend and all. Yeah. That's why.
 
When she finished, she placed a fresh plate of kimchi in front of Jongin, whom had been impatiently waiting for her to finish since she had been slower than Kyungsoo. He sniffed it, and admitted; it did smell delicious. "Kai," she began, wiping her hands on her apron, "do you want something to drink? Juice maybe? You always drink juice at dinner-
 
He automatically thought of when Kyungsoo made him kimchi and recalled that he had drank water that day. "No, I want water today." he said with a mouthful of food.
 
She cocked her head, confused by this sudden change in Jongin. After all, he had always had more of a sweet-tooth. Sehun was the one that usually drank water. "uhm, okay." She squinted her eyes at him, shook her head, then proceeded to pour him a cup of water. After a few seconds, she returned and gently put the cup on the table.
 
"I'll be in the livingroom if you need me, Kai." she bowed and almost exited until Jongin frantically called out her name. She stopped and turned to face him. "Yes?"
 
"Uhm, could you. . . . .stay here? I have some things to tell you. . . . ." he set down the pair of chopsticks, rubbing his neck anxiously.
 
Sulli's eyes brightened. "Oh yes! Of course. Anything for my precious princess." He glared at her, but she ignored him, her smile reaching up to her eyes. She plopped down beside him, smoothing out her skirt before looked at him eagerly. He bit his lip, getting increasingly nervous with her intense gaze. He was never one to talk about his feelings towards someone. However, he thought this time he should ask Sulli about his Kyungsoo problem.
 
"Well, there's this. . . . . . ." he paused, not sure if he should say 'boy' because he wasn't sure if Sulli would accept him or not. He decided to take the chance. ". . . . boy," Sulli's eyebrows rose as high as they could, which was almost to her hairline, but Jongin decided to continue. "I know, I know. It's different for my usual 'taste,'" he rolled his eyes at his blunt words. "and I. . . . .don't really know if I like him, but I think about him all the time. But I'm pretty sure I like girls, Sulli! I don't understand what's going on with me! I always have this urge to see him; constantly. When he comes over to give Xiaoling her work, I'm suddenly very polite to him. It feels different from all my other previous girlfriends. When I went to Yixing's and he had his crowd of women around him, I didn't join him-
 
and you usually do," Sulli pointed out, nodding slowly. He slightly nodded.
 
"because it felt," Jongin stopped, carefully choosing his words. ". . . . . .wrong, almost? I don't know Sulli-ah, I'm so confused! Aish!" he growled, pulling at his hair. Sulli smiled warmly at this.
 
"Jongin," she rested her hand ontop of his larger one, pulling his hand down from his silky locks. "I think you're in love with this boy." Jongin's eyes widened. "It's Kyungsoo right?" Jongin flushed a dark red, but he still nodded anyways. Sulli squealed at his adorableness, pinching his cheeks while she giggled at his pout.
 
"Ah!~ My Jongin is so cute!" she stood up and leaned over the table, holding his tan face as she kissed his forehead. "I bet you can get him, Jongin." she patted his cheek twice; then, exited the kitchen, leaving a puzzled Jongin behind.
 
"Sulli! Thank you!" he called to her from the table. He smiled to himself, shoving bits of food in his mouth.
 
- - - -
 
Sehun sat on his bed, criss-cross-applesauce. His door was locked.
 
All he did was think about Xiaoling as he stared at the shards of shattered glass still scattered across his floor from the day he found out Xiaoling took his razors. Thinking of Xiaoling made his head hurt.
 
 
Why did she care so much? Even his parents didn't care as much as she did.
 
 
Was she really willing to not get paid for a year, just so he'd be safe from himself?
 
 
Why did she have short hair? Was "she" really a he?
 
 
Sehun shook his head, feeling a headache building up already.
 
 
If she really was a boy, what was he doing here? Doesn't he know he could get in major trouble?
 
And what about Kyungsoo? Did he know about Xiaoling's possible gender-bender activities? 
 
She wasn't supposed to care. He hated how she did. She barely knew him.
 
 
 
Silly boy. No one cares about you. You're worthless and pathetic. Always relying on Jongin for everything. Weak.
 
 
Sehun started at the glass on the floor, wondering how they would feel gliding across his skin.
 
 
Do it, Sehun. That , Xiaoling, took your things. Do it. You know you want to.
 
 
Sehun's wrist starts throbbing rapidly. He squeezes his eyes shut tightly, pulling his knees up to his chest.
 
 
Sehun, it's so simple. Just do it already. Imagine the blood running down your arms, dripping onto the floor.
 
 
Sehun started shaking, tears threatening to spill. He tightens his arms around his legs, trying to take control of his emotions again. The scars and scabs on his wrists and arms are burning now. He hates it when this happens.
 
 
Weak. No wonder no one likes you! They can't even tolerate you long enough to get to know you because you're so annoying. It's best to be alone than to be like Jongin. The more people you let in, the weaker you are.
 
 
Sehun slowly nods, his body controlling itself. His bony fingers reached down onto the wooden floor, hands wildly exploring to find a piece of glass. Any piece of glass.
 
He succeeds in less then five seconds.
- - - -
 
Luhan was putting Jongin's freshly washed and folded laundry into a basket to make it easier to carry to Jongin's room. He finished, picking up the basket and resting it in the curve of his side as he quickly traveled through the hallway, heading to the second youngest's room. He winced at the loud echoes the shoes of his maid outfit made every time he took a step. 
 
Once he reached Jongin's door, he knocked once. There was no answer. He knocked once more. Still no answer. He figured Jongin was either on the lower levels of the mansion, or went out with some friends. He shrugged and entered the large room, using his the side of his hip to push the door open. Jongin's room was a lot messier than Sehun's; with various clothing scattered everywhere, papers randomly taped on the wall, mismatched shoes thrown in the floor, random bits of trash laying in one corner of the room, and hangers dangling onto the curtain rod of his room window.
 
He sighed and made a mental note to clean Jongin's room sometime this week. He began to neatly place Jongin's laundry into the exact dressers they belonged in. Once he was finished, he threw the basket into his messy closet and left.
 
Now suddenly cheerful because it was almost time for the maids' lunch break, Luhan hummed a joyful tune, heels clicking down the long hallway as he proceeded to go downstairs so that he could finally get to leave for an hour. He had been wanting to visit one of his favorite bubble tea shops, but had been too busy working.
 
'I should change before I leave though, so I don't attract so much attention,' he thought to himself, nodding in agreement. He turned a corner, walking past Sehun's room to enter his own. He twisted the doorknob, then froze, instantly whirling around and listening closely. After a few seconds passed, he slipped his loud footwear off and quietly placed them in front of his door. In only his barefeet, he tiptoed towards Sehun's door and pressed his ear against it.
 
 
 
Sehun was crying.
 
 
 
It was almost inaudible, but Luhan had always had good ears. A frown found its way onto his delicate features as he continued listening to the young male weep. There was a few moments of silence, then a sharp gasp, and finally, a loud bang against the door. The abrupt action caused Luhan to stumble backwards in shock, his wig almost walling off his head. He blinked with wide eyes while fixing the wig on his head. He bit his lip, deciding if he should go in or not. 
 
From the other side of the door, Sehun could be heard cursing, ", . No, no, no. Ah!" there was a loud fumbling of drawers opening and closing. ", , , ." Sehun's voice cracked, and a sob ripped through him. Luhan felt his eyes watering and his heart breaking, wondering what Sehun was going through right now.
 
"Jongin. . . . " Sehun wailed softly.
 
Luhan tilted his head in confusion. Jongin? Was he in there?
 
"Jongin, where are you?" Sehun sobbed again. 
 
Oh.
 
There was another thundering bang, this time against the wall. Luhan snapped out of his confusion. 
 
He approached the door and knocked softly. "Sehun-ah? May I come in? Are you okay?"
 
"Go away," Sehun growled lowly, but Luhan heard the tears through his words.
 
"Please Sehun? I just want to know if you're okay," he pleaded gently.
 
"I'm fine," he croaked weakly. Luhan pressed his ear against the door. He heard Sehun wince.
 
"Sehun-ah, may I come in?"
 
"No," the younger's voice shattered. "You're so annoying," he sobbed loudly. Luhan bit his lip at the insult, but chose to ignore it. Sehun probably wasn't in his right mind right now. 
 
"Sehun, please. I-
 
The door unlocked. Luhan's mouth dropped open. He quickly shook his head and twisted the doorknob, stepping into the room then shutting the door again.
 
When he looked away from the door, his doe-eyes widened. Sehun was on his knees on the floor, one hand on the wall to steady himself, one gripping his left arm tight against his side. His hair was a tangled mess, his flesh whiter than it already was, his dark eyes so miserable and yet so innocent as they stared up at him, his short sleeve shirt doing absolutely nothing to hide the blood running down both his arms like strings of red ribbon. Drips of dark crimson had already collected themselves into small puddles on the floor.
 
"Sehun-
 
"I'm so ed up. I ed up. I ed up," he breathed out weakly. He collapsed, back colliding against the wall. His head was thrown back as he groaned, clutching his arms against his slim frame.
 
Luhan rushed towards him, shushing Sehun by putting his index finger against thin lips. "Shhh, it's okay. I'm going to look at your arms, okay?" he looked at the boy for consent before doing so. Sehun could barely manage a nod. Luhan heard his heart in his ears, beating rapidly in panic. He took both of Sehun's arms in his hands, examining each one while thinking of the times when Tao would come home with an injury and Kyungsoo would care for him. He thought of all the tips mother Kyungsoo had given him, turning Sehun's arms over to peer at the other side. He silently thanked the heavens because the cuts weren't anything life-threatening. They were deep, yes, but Sehun wouldn't need to be sent to the hospital.
 
"Where are your bandages and things like that?" he questioned Sehun, taking his face in his hands. "Sehun, Sehun. Stay with me," he practically begged. Sehun's eyes fluttered open and shut and few times.
 
 "I-I don't know," he whispered, trying to push himself up to his feet. Luhan growled and forced him back down. 
 
"Stay here. I have a first aid kid in my room." he commanded the other male. In less than ten seconds, Luhan returned, locking the door. He took out a pack of cotton balls and something to clean cuts with. "This is going to sting, so-
 
Luhan shrieked when Sehun grabbed one of his hands and held onto it, like his life depended upon it. However, his eyes softened when he saw the tears sliding down the younger's cheeks. His eyes softened when he felt Sehun's hand shaking like a tremor from an earthquake. Luhan squeezed Sehun's bony hand to assure him.
 
He gently dabbed each cut with a soaked cotton ball. He would wince when Sehun would nearly constrict Luhan's hand from the stinging sensation. But he told himself to tolerate it. Sehun was more important than himself anyways.
 
After cleaning each cut, he carefully spread ointment on each one, mentally grimacing at the depth of each cut. He noticed six on Sehun's left wrist that were dangerously close to his vein. He looked up at Sehun in tenderness, but Sehun had his eyes closed. His head thrown back, lips slightly parted. Luhan noted that at least his breathing was more steady and controlled now. He shook his head sadly while pulling out bandages from in the first aid kit.
 
He skillfully wrapped Sehun's biceps and wrists, which was where most of the cuts had been. "Sehun," he finished up his wrapping. "Don't do this to yourself." he whispered, tears b in his eyes. He spotted five vertical cuts on his right arm; reaching from his hand to his elbow. "Where did you even get something to cut yourself with again?" he mumbled, pulling his hand out of Sehun's grip to smooth out the younger's hair. He sighed, continuing to care for the fragile boy in front of him. He analyzed his bandaging and decided that it was decent enough for the time being.
 
"Bed," Sehun muttered in his deep voice. Luhan immidiently understood. He stood up and wiped his hands on his dress then bent down to gently put one of Sehun's arms around his neck in order to help him stand up. 
 
"How are you? Can you walk? You feel kind of limp," Luhan stated, adjusting his arm hold around the exhausted boy. 
 
"My. . . .arm . . . . . . . .nu. . . . . .mb," Sehun whispered in broken breaths. "I. . . .wan. . . t. . . . .  to . . . . . .sl. . . . ee. . . p," frightening Luhan because he didn't know what the Korean meant by saying "I want to sleep." He put all his weight onto Luhan, whom was much smaller than Sehun. Luhan grit his teeth, tightening his arm around Sehun. He guessed that Sehun was about to loose conscience anytime now.
 
"Almost there, come on." he encouraged through a grunt. "Good job, Sehun-ah."  he said.
 
Finally, they reached Sehun's bed. Luhan was careful not to throw him down, even if his shoulders were aching and he was so desperate for the pain to go away. Instead, he softly set him down like he was a fragile porcelain doll. Luhan thought that right now, Sehun was, in fact, a porcelain doll. Fragile, beautiful, and pale.
 
He placed a hand on Sehun's back to assist him in laying down. Once he got Sehun in, he pulled the covers up and dragged the chair from under Sehun's desk out beside the bed. "A-are you. . . . .staying?" Sehun croaked out. Luhan smiled warmly at him as he sat down.
 
"Yes, go to sleep. You need it."
 
- - - -
 
 
omfg finally I updated! I'm sorry for not doing so earlier, but I've this month's been so busy for me >_< Sorry if this chapter seemed rushed and repetitive.
&& also, I just realized that I never added in a chapter about Jongin & Sehun going to the doctors after the b1a4 punks (minus Baro) beat them up. #oops
 
Comment please? ^u^ I tried my very best! <3 & new peeps, subscribe? 
okiie ily all~~~
 
- tea-with-nuest