Something's Up

That Thin Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Those were really amazing ninja moves, Hyung.” Minhyuk laughed.

 

But Yonghwa was already fast asleep next to him. The ‘Fasten Seatbelt Sign’ was even … and Yong was snoring.

 

Kang Minhyuk isn’t the only CNBlue member going to Los Angeles that day. His Hyung, Jung Yonghwa is coming with him.

 

It was not a surprise actually.

 

After he had made up with Shin Hye, it was no surprise that he told his company that he is coming with Minhyuk when the latter was to follow his Heirs cast mates in the United States. In fact, their manager asked Yonghwa if he was coming with Minhyuk or not.

 

Everyone knows they’re that close.

 

Yonghwa was still dead tired from their recent concert in Guangzhou and he still had some personal things to attend to that’s why he drifted to sleep so quick the moment he settled himself inside the plane.

 

When they got back to Seoul from China, he had his script reading for his own drama, Future’s Choice too. On the little spare time that he had left, he spent it with Seohyun who was having her own drama too.

 

In short, the handsome CNBlue leader was exhausted.

 

But he had to go to Los Angeles.

 

That was unquestionable.

 

He and his best friend had a rift for months and he felt like it was years.
Yonghwa needed to see her, no matter where she is.

 

He didn’t care how far;
He’s coming to see her.

 

Awww.

 

Yonghwa was in bad mood in Guangzhou. He was telling Shin Hye to wait for him before she leaves for the US. But she has to go.

 

The boy even can’t hide his sour expression all throughout.

 

So, now he’s taking the flight with his brother, Minhyuk.
But it was really amazing how it was only Minhyuk who seen leaving Seoul International Airport. Yonghwa, truly, does have great hiding skills.

 

And now, he’s snoring loudly next to the laughing handsome drummer boy.

 

He’s probably dreaming now.

 

Dreaming of palm trees…

 

and

 

Park Shin Hye.

 

 

The Peninsula, Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
3.30 p.m.

 

Shin Hye heard a knock at her door.

 

Weird.

 

There’s supposedly no filming that afternoon and her manager and other staff went out. She decided to just stay because she was having a little headache.

 

She stood up reluctantly to see who it was. Since she was feeling a little bit disoriented, she didn’t even peek at the peephole and check; she just opened the door.

 

“Surprise!” Yonghwa was all smiles.

 

“Yong!” Shin Hye hugged him. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here as Minhyuk’s manager.”

 

Shin Hye laughed. “No, seriously. Why are you here?”

 

“Can I come inside first?”

 

He smiled even more.
His eyes did too.

 

Then she got it.

 

They talk with their eyes, remember?

 

“Oh, you didn’t have to.” Shin Hye then hit him in the arm.

 

“Can I come inside?” Yonghwa repeated.

 

“Oh, sorry… sorry…” Shin Hye laughed apologetically.

 

The moment Yonghwa was inside, he was fast in removing his shoes, his pants and his shirt.

 

“Yong.” Shin Hye was startled.

 

“I’m having a jetlag.” He reasoned.

 

Seconds later, he was snoring and drooling in her bed. Shin Hye had no choice but to pick up his clothes.

 

Life.
Some things never change.

 

And she had no choice too, because she was having a headache. 
She settled next to him; he, who is in his boxers only.

 

Well, nothing new with that too.

 

But at least there is something different this time. Despite feeling unwell, she goes to sleep with a smile in her face because that one special person who never fails to make her smile is sleeping next to her.

 

Never mind that he’s snoring so loud.
Never mind that he’s drooling.

 

Shin Hye realized she can’t lose Yonghwa.
Ever.

 

She almost lost him when they fought recently.

 

And there are two things that she realized:

 

One: Her life without him was fine.
Second: That fine life was empty without Yonghwa.

 

And even with Yoon Shi-Yoon’s existence, she can’t even put Yonghwa on the side even for a second. It made her scared.

 

It made Shin Hye really scared.

 

 

In-N-Out Burger
Los Angeles, California
11.30 a.m.

 

Where burgers and fries are amazing and the prices are cheap.

 

Therefore, heaven on earth.

 

In-N-Out Burger.

 

Shin Hye’s having a cheeseburger and fries.
Yonghwa’s having a Double-Double. Double Meat and Double Cheese.
And of course he had his own fries, while he has been getting some of Shin Hye’s.

 

Coke for Yong and Lemonade for Shin Hye.

 

Yong almost finished her lemonade though.

 

“This is good.” He smiled.

 

She nodded.

 

Shin Hye wanted to roll her eyes; Yonghwa took a bite at her cheeseburger. For goodness sake, his burger was bigger than hers.

 

“Does Seohyun know you’re here?” She got back her burger.

 

He changed his smiling face, and continued eating his fries. There was ketchup around his mouth now. Yonghwa was like a kid when he likes what he eats too much.

 

Shin Hye got a tissue and wiped his mouth, and repeated her question, “Does Seohyun know you’re here?”

 

Yonghwa went on eating.

 

The answer is NO.
Obviously.

 

Shin Hye need not ask the third time.

 

Oh dear.

 

“Yong.” She said sweetly, “Yong…”

 

She tried to create eye contact but he avoided her.

 

“My Yong is not telling me something.” Shin Hye is somewhat trying to and persuade him at the same time but she is doing it sweetly.

 

But, “My Yong…”

 

Awww.

 

And Yonghwa is looking embarrassed, trying to hide his smile.

 

“Yong…” Shin Hye prodded again.

 

“She kind of loved it when she had me all by herself.” Yonghwa finally looked up to her. “Joohyun felt she was sharing me with you all these time.”

 

Right.
Seohyun did realize that. But didn’t that realization came too late?

 

Shin Hye smiled evilly while she wiped Yonghwa’s mouth some more. It was full of ketchup and mustard again.

 

Some kid.

 

“But she’s not sharing you with me.” Shin Hye told him.

 

“I told her…” Yonghwa was about to confess to Shin Hye what he really told Seohyun when Shin Hye cut him off.

 

That Seohyun is not going to share Yonghwa with Shin Hye anymore. He told Seohyun that.

 

“But you’re mine Yonghwa.” Shin Hye told him. “For the record, Jung Yonghwa is mine.  And everyone knows that.”

 

Even before he could speak, Shin Hye had added, “YOU know that.”

 

Not that Yonghwa had something to say.
Because he has nothing to say.

 

He froze right there and then.

 

.

 

Then Shin Hye laughed, “Gotcha!”

 

It was a joke?

 

Still.
Yonghwa couldn’t move.

 

“Hey.” Shin Hye nudged him. She took his coke and let him drink it, “Yah, drink! It was a joke, you jerk!”

 

“Which one?” He asked seriously.

 

“Which do you think is the joke?” She returned his question.

 

“That you were joking.” He smiled.

 

Awwww.

 

Then she smiled.

 

Jung Yonghwa is Park Shin Hye’s.
No doubt.
And she is not sharing him with anyone.

 

Everyone knows that.
Including Seo Joohyun.

 

And they’re clear about that.

 

 

They were on their way back to the hotel when Shin Hye still was on the topic of Seohyun. Inside the taxi, she was still asking Yonghwa to call Seohyun that very moment.

 

“Tell her you’re here.” Shin Hye told him. “You’ll be gone for a few days. She’ll look for you. And what? Didn’t you just become a sweeter boyfriend?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Go call.” Shin Hye told him.

 

“I’ve already tried being a sweeter boyfriend.” He whispered to Shin Hye, “I’m going to try to be a sweeter best friend this time…”

 

“Really, now?” She smiled.

 

“Problem is, I think, there’s no difference. ‘Me’ being a sweeter boyfriend, and ‘Me’ being a sweeter best friend.”

 

Then Yonghwa looked straight into her eyes and said, “I love you, Shin-Chan.”

 

Then Shin Hye froze.
It was her turn this time.

 

They’re coming close to crossing that thin line again.

 

“Hey. No kissing inside my taxi.” The cab driver laughed. He was Mexican and seemed to be a conservative one.

 

He didn’t understand what they’re saying obviously; maybe Yonghwa and Shin Hye’s eyes said it all. Even the cab driver thought they were on to something.

 

Damn.

 

“Oh, no.” Shin Hye shook her head, “Best friends only…”

 

Oh dear.
Best friends.
Only.

 

The cab driver threw them an intriguing look as if saying he doesn’t believe them especially when he saw Yonghwa took Shin Hye’s hand. He didn’t let go of it even when they got off from the cab.

 

 

The cast and crew of Heirs were not surprised to see that Minhyuk came with his Hyung. In fact, they were happy to see Yonghwa on the set.

 

Shin Hye’s boyfriend was there to accompany her filming.

 

Yonghwa called Seohyun. He told her he was there to see Shin Hye because they just made up and he was in the wrong in the first place so he’s making up for it.

 

He didn’t lie.

 

Since Seohyun was busy, she had let it pass. She was feeling jealous but she had let it pass. She is starting to feel jealous towards Shin Hye now. Between conversations with Yonghwa, she doesn’t call Shin Hye ‘Unni’. She’s simply Park Shin Hye to her now.

 

Yoon Shi-Yoon calls Shin Hye often too. But he didn’t know Yonghwa was there until it was Yonghwa who answered Shin Hye’s phone.

 

Darn.

 

Yoon Shi-Yoon felt a pang of jealousy again.

 

Yonghwa shouldn’t have been too honest. He told Shi-Yoon the same reason he told Seohyun. And Shin Hye’s boyfriend thought it was an exaggeration for him to be flying to the U.S. to be making up for whatever he thinks he did wrong.  Shi-Yoon thinks Yonghwa can just make it up in Seoul.

 

Then Shin Hye wondered why Shi-Yoon didn’t call the next few days. Yonghwa had to tell her they talked and he had to apologize to her that maybe he said the wrong things again.

 

“Yong.” She was about to cry.

 

“What am I supposed to say?” He wanted to cry too.

 

Right.
He was right.

 

Yonghwa was just being honest.
He came to see her.
And Shin Hye was actually happy that he did.

 

“Well, you just said the truth actually.” She sighed.

 

“I thought, you told me he’s going to like me?” He asked.

 

She nodded.

 

She thought so too. But maybe Yoon Shi-Yoon was just not having a good day.

 

“I’ll just go home.” Yonghwa sadly replied. “Call him and tell him I’m on my way to Seoul now.”

 

Awww.

 

Shin Hye dialed Yoon Shi-Yoon’s number. She didn’t care about the time difference. She called him.

 

“Hon.” Shin Hye softly spoke.

 

Hon.
Short for ‘Honey.’

 

Yonghwa kind of felt different this time.
It isn’t the first time he heard her call him Yoon Shi-Yoon ‘Hon’.
But it’s the first that Yonghwa feels weird inside.

 

Damn.

 

“Yonghwa” Shin Hye continued “Is staying with me here in LA. We’re going back together to Seoul at the same time. I miss him so much, so I asked him to come.”

 

Awww.
Make that times ten.

 

And that made Yonghwa smile wide.

 

“I like that.” He smiled.

 

“Let’s go back together.” Shin Hye told him.

 

Yonghwa didn’t say a word.

 

He stepped in a little closer to her.

 

Their eyes locked.
Oh dear.

 

They’re not going to kiss, are they?

 

He hugged her.
Tightly.

 

 “Yong.” She smiled, getting back to her senses right away, “You don’t mind if I try to be a SWEET best friend too while you try to be SWEETER, do you?”

 

He laughed, while he kissed her hair. “I don’t mind. Not at all.”

 

“You’re not mad at me? He asked, with his face inches apart from hers.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

He hugged her again.
So many ‘about-to-kiss moments’.

 

But hugging each other make them feel each other’s heartbeats.

 

Damn.

 

Then Yonghwa’s phone rang.

 

It was Minhyuk.

 

“Minhyukkie.” Yonghwa answered, and then listened to his Maknae. He then had to cover the mouthpiece and ask Shin Hye, “Do you want to go out with them? I think they’re drinking somewhere.”

 

Shin Hye shook her head. “I’m just going to watch a movie and eat junk food here in my bed.”

 

Yonghwa nodded then spoke to Minhyuk on the phone, “I’m just going to watch a movie and eat junk food here in my bed.”

 

He said the exact words Shin Hye used; and that made her laugh.

 

Minhyuk was confused on the other line because he was in their room. He and Yonghwa were sharing a room, so what was Yonghwa talking about?

 

So movie and junk food it is.
Not in Yonghwa and Minhyuk’s room.

 

But in Shin Hye’s.

 

 

Shin Hye’s House
10.30 a.m.

 

“Here?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“No.” Shin Hye replied, but she was a little undecided, “A little to the right… Mmmm, to the left? Mmmm, it’s slightly crooked, Yonghwa…. No, to the right, to the right.”

 

Shin Hye brought home a new painting; a gift from her fans from the U.S. and she’s putting it up in her living room.

 

Correction: Yonghwa is putting it up in her living room.

 

“Okay?” The perspiring Yonghwa had to ask for the nth time.

 

He’s been trying to put up the painting which actually Shin Hye’s face since 9 a.m. that morning and she couldn’t decide where to put it. Yonghwa, shirtless now, couldn’t complain. Shin Hye couldn’t do it by herself of course, and he knows that.

 

If she calls Yoon Shin Yoon, Yonghwa will just be pissed off. So he’d rather perspire and do it the whole day rather than having Shin Hye call her boyfriend.

 

Who’s jealous?

 

Jung Yonghwa’s not admitting.
Not anymore.

 

Shin Hye shook her head, “A little to left, Yonghwa.”

 

Oh dear.
Still not done.

 

He pouted.

 

“Don’t give me that face.” It was her turn to pout, “I have a lot of chores to do!”

 

“Fine.” He muttered under his breath.

 

A little to the left it is.

 

It was household chores day. And Yonghwa lent his helping hand too. He washed the dishes; cleaned the bathroom, helped changed the curtains and the bed sheets. He mopped the entire house. He was tired but he did all those stuff. And even before that, he washed her car; when he can just  bring it to the car wash shop. But he didn’t. He cleaned her car all by himself.

 

All for the love of Park Shin Hye.

 

Shin Hye had to do her laundry that day too. Just when you thought a superstar like her are spared with chores like that, you are terribly mistaken. She sometimes can ask help from other people but if she can, she will do it by herself.

 

And didn’t Yonghwa said he wanted to be ‘SWEETER’?

 

Ha.

He was helping her do the laundry too.
 

He should.
Because it included some of his clothes.

 

It took some time before Shin Hye’s manager could ask her why there are men’s clothes in her laundry bin when she doesn’t have a boyfriend back then. And her manager knew she was a decent girl; she wasn’t ‘living’ with some guy.

 

And who owns these clothes?

 

Her Manager wanted to smack himself. Why did he even bother to ask?

 

“Colored ones are supposed to be…” Yonghwa was talking to himself.

 

Shin Hye was listening to him, smiling. He looked cute was he was segregating the messy pile of used clothes.

 

But damn.

 

They looked married.
And it looked as if it was just a typical laundry day for a married couple.

 

Shin Hye shook her head; she shouldn’t have thoughts like that.
No, she can’t be like that.
No thoughts about her and Yonghwa being married.

 

“Yonghwa.” She called him, “I’ll do that. Go watch TV.”

 

“I’m fine.” He looked at her and smiled, “How’s the baby?”

 

Awww.

 

Someone’s having the same thoughts.
Holy cow.

 

She can’t help but smile back. “Sleeping. I’ll do that. Go and watch TV, Yong.”

 

But Yonghwa continued what he’s doing. He had put on the white and light colored clothes in to the machine and put powdered soap.

 

“Stubborn as always.” She shot at him.

 

“Pretty as always.” He shot back.

 

“You are so flirting with me.” Shin Hye smiled while she shook her head.

 

“Me?” He pointed at himself.

 

Yonghwa then laughed.

 

“What?” Shin Hye asked, “Aren’t you?”

 

Yonghwa was about to go out of the washing area, meaning he had to pass by Shin Hye who was standing by the door. He kissed her on the cheek when he was on his way out.

 

“You noticed too late.” He smiled flirtatiously, “I was at it the moment I first saw you in LA.”

 

Damn.

 

“Jung Yonghwa!” Her eyes widened.

 

He has already walked past her and she had pulled him back.
 

Then she was hugging him.
Park Shin Hye back hugging Jung Yonghwa.

 

“Yong...” Shin Hye was saying it cutely, “Don’t be like this. We’ve already made up. Arrrghhh. You’re making things complicated again.”

 

And Jung to the Yonghwa was smiling up to his ears.
Love, love, love.

 

“Shin…” He copied her. Yonghwa used the same intonation and words, “Don’t be like this. We’ve already made up. Arrrghhh. You’re making things complicated again.”

 

 “Yonghwa!” Shin Hye wanted to break free from the back hug that she, herself initiated but Yonghwa was holding on to her arms so she couldn’t.

 

“Shin-Chan.” Yonghwa’s voice began to change.
 

He turned serious.
Then he turned to face her.

 

“Do you want me to break up with Seohyun?” He asked her.

 

“Yong…”

 

Ten seconds has passed.

 

They only need five.
Because if it exceeds five it meant they were serious.

 

.

 

She shook her head.

 

“Do you want me to break up with Seohyun?” He asked her again.

 

Another ten seconds.

 

Again.
They only need five.

 

Shin Hye shook her head again.

 

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

 

Shin Hye was serious.
She doesn’t want Yonghwa to break up with Seohyun.

 

 “Do you want me to break up with Seohyun?” He asked her again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter