They're That Close

That Thin Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shin Hye’s Home

 

He fell asleep in her bed wearing nothing except his blue and grey boxers and his black socks.

 

Make that only one piece of socks.
On his left foot.

 

Jung Yonghwa was so drunk he was unaware of what had happened last night.

 

He partied all night with fellow band mates CNBlue and label mates, FT Island and drank the night away. They couldn’t bring him to their dorm because Lee Jonghyun’s younger cousin is staying with them for the week. The poor boy couldn’t possibly witness a wasted Yonghwa, whom he adored over the years, whom he considered a role model aside from his cousin, Jonghyun.

 

Where else could they ‘dump’ him then?

 

Where else?

 

There’s this place that Yonghwa calls home aside from his house from Busan.
It’s where he sleeps when he doesn’t sleep in CNBlue’s dorm.
It’s where he eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner comfortably.
He has clothes in this place. (He actually has his own closet there.)
It’s the place where he’d rather be in the extreme moments of his life: when he’s happiest or saddest or most excited or loneliest.
 

It’s Park Shin Hye’s home.

 

His best friend’s home.

 

Yes, they truly are best friends.

 

What you’ve read and heard in the news and in the Internet are all true. They really are best of friends.

 

So it goes without saying that their denials about their romantic relationship are true as well.  Korean media had long been linking them together, Yonghwa and Shin Hye had gotten so tired of it already. But they couldn’t blame them. How could they? People could mistake their closeness for something else.

 

It’s rare for a ‘girl and boy relationship’ to be just pure friendship.
It’s even more rare if they’re best of friends.

 

And Yonghwa and Shin Hye, bless both of them, bless their friendship… their friendship is simply extraordinary.

 

They were too close.
Way too close.
 

If they come up to both of their parents, let say tomorrow, and tell them they’re getting married to each other, their folks would probably give them their blessings right away.

 

Their families are even close to each other.

 

Yonghwa and Shin Hye talk with their eyes.
They can read each other’s minds.
The other knows what the other is feeling.
If she says YES, then he says YES. If the other says NO, then you will hear another NO.
They can switch phones and answer the messages of each other’s friends.

 

They’re that close.

 

Shin Hye who was tired from filming that night didn’t notice someone arrive that evening and shared bed with her.

 

And no, this isn’t the first time that they slept next to each other.

 

If Yonghwa sleeps in her house, Yonghwa sleeps next to her.

 

They’re that close.

 

When Shin Hye woke up the next morning that’s when she saw her best friend sleeping soundly next to her, drooling. She could only laugh silently. She wanted to take a picture of him, but they would just bicker later on, so, she shrugged off the idea.

 

She freshened up and brewed coffee for herself. She noticed that Yonghwa’s jeans and shirt were scattered on floor from the door on to her bedroom.

 

‘That confirms his drunken smell’. Shinhye thought, picking up his clothes. ‘He must’ve been really drunk.’

 

Shin Hye was reading the newspapers drinking her freshly brewed coffee when Yonghwa emerged from her bedroom.

 

Still in his boxers and with socks on his left foot. His hair’s a mess. The drool’s pretty evident. He walked to the dining room where Shinhye is and drank from her cup.

 

They’re that close.

 

“Do you mind putting some clothes first?” Shin Hye told him.

 

“It’s not the first time that you’re seeing me like this…” He told her, smiling.

 

“I intend to have a ‘good’ morning, Yonghwa.” She sarcastically smiled back.

 

“Then have a good one.” He walked away carrying her cup. He went to the living room and opened the TV.

 

It was Yonghwa’s habit to drink coffee in Shin Hye’s living room and not in her dining room.

 

He can’t be blamed.

 

Shin Hye’s living room is very cozy. Her light pink and yellow sofas are too comfortable and inviting. It has a very ‘homey’ feel. The over-all interiors are light and breezy and makes you feel peaceful and at ease.

 

And Jung Yonghwa loves to relax and drink his morning coffee there.

 

Always.

 

Shin Hye could just roll her eyes and make herself a new cup. There’s no point in arguing. If this isn’t the first time that she saw him in his underwear, this isn’t also the first that he stole what she’s drinking or eating.

 

They share almost anything and everything.

 

She followed him to the living room; only to find out he’s watching their own music video.

 

“Narcissistic much?” She sat beside him.

 

“Aaaaahhh…” Yonghwa shook his head, “I look so stiff.”

 

“Well, isn’t that the concept?” Shin Hye wanted to laugh. “You’re supposed to be like robots, right?”

 

He’s watching their ROBOT MV.

 

Yonghwa stayed silent. How can he be so stupid? He just gave her another reason to laugh at him again.

 

“Never mind.” Shin Hye told him, “I said I wanted to have a ‘good’ morning, I don’t want to pick up a fight with you… And why were you so drunk by the way?”

 

“Oh…” He scratched his head, “You know, boys night out…”

 

“Jung Yonghwa…” Shin Hye spoke like his mother, “I know we’ve been best of friends, I mean we are the bestest of the bestest friends… that’s grammatically wrong I know… but for goodness sake, you have a girlfriend… I’ve told you a million times you should stop sleeping in here.”

 

She has suddenly turned serious and told him.

 

Shin Hye had already told him not to sleep in her house. And she hasn’t got into discussion of his ‘attire’… YET….

 

“And goodness, look at you…” Shin Hye continued, “If someone else sees us, they wouldn’t think twice…”

 

“Shin…” Yonghwa tried to explain but Shinhye can’t be stopped.

 

“You know how Seohyun would feel right?” Shin Hye went on, “Does she know we share one bed? Does she know that? I know how much you love her. I love her too Yong. I love her too. L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter