My Feelings Were Real

That Thin Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taxi Show
TVN Variety Show

 

They both guested in this variety show before in separate occasions. Shin Hye, together with Yoon Shi-Yoon and Yonghwa, with his band members right before New Year’s Day.

 

But now, they’re doing it together.

 

Many people have anticipated this as they were both linked romantically especially those who never believed they were just friends. Some simply refuse to accept Yonghwa and Shinhye’s denials over the years even after they have endlessly claimed that they are just best of friends and they are nothing more than that.

 

They are not promoting anything nor starring in another drama or shooting a movie together but the producer of the said variety show wanted to invite the two of them a long time ago. It was supposed to be a good opportunity when news came out that they will be in a new drama together (Heirs) but apparently Yonghwa pulled out from production before it even started. So now, even without any joint project, Yonghwa and Shin Hye are guesting in this popular variety show Taxi.

 

Even MC Jun Hyun Moo who suggested to Yonghwa to just meet up with Shin Hye and date her was just as excited. Little did he know the two would always meet up, minus the ‘dating’ of course.

 

“It’s nice to have you back…” MC Jun Hyun Moo smiled naughtily. He was the one driving, “Together.”

 

“Nice to be back too.” The two greeted and bowed.

 

“Wow, we’re too excited to have you.” MC Kim Gu Ra told them, “Even our staff went here early to meet you.”

 

“We’re excited too.” Shin Hye smiled.

 

“No, we’re more excited on how you will answer our questions.” MC Jun Hyun Moo teased and laughed.

 

They all laughed.

 

“So, let’s go get inside the taxi and let’s begin, shall we?”

 

They did just that. Yonghwa didn’t even bother to let Shin Hye get inside first confirming that he treats Shin Hye as ‘one of the boys’. They also noticed how Yonghwa and Shin Hye moved too comfortable towards each other. And before they went inside the taxi, Yonghwa handed his mobile phone to Shin Hye for her to put it inside her bag. He didn’t even have to tell her what to do. She knows exactly what to do.

 

They’re that close.

 

Then the filming started. It began with individual questions, Shin Hye being asked with her current activities and Yonghwa with CNBlue’s latest works. It shifted then to what everyone was waiting and anticipating for…

 

Their relationship.

 

“You’ve got everyone curious about your relationship.” MC Kim Gu Ra told them.

 

Yonghwa and Shin Hye laughed.

 

“What’s with the laughter?” MC Jun Hyun Moo and MC Kim Gu Ra chorused.

 

Yonghwa and Shin Hye laughed even more.

 

“Exactly how close are the two of you?” MC Jun Hyun Moo asked.

 

“Mmmm. Let’s just say, we can hold hands or hug and not feel any malice about it.” Yonghwa answered honestly.

 

He can’t say they sleep in one bed, that’s too dangerous. Even Seohyun does not know that.
Or say he sometimes kisses her.

 

“Really?” The two MCs spoke at the same time again.

 

The two artists nodded.

 

“We can drink from one glass too.” Shin Hye added. “I mean, it’s Yonghwa who usually drinks from my glass or cup actually.”

 

“Can use same plate, spoon and fork too.” Yonghwa beamed. “I remembered in Busan, at my cousin’s birthday, Shin Chan was eating and I said I didn’t want to eat yet but I kept eating what’s in her plate so I ended sharing her food using her utensils. She just kept refilling everything.”

 

Shin Hye added smiling, “Yong and I even shared the same chair because it was crowded. All of his cousin’s classmates were there.”

 

Wow.
They’re that close.

 

And they’re freaking telling everyone now.

 

Yonghwa just called her Shin Chan in front of other people.
And Shin Hye called him Yong.
 

These two.
Just Wow.

 

“Mom laughed at us seeing our pathetic state.” Shin Hye was quick to add before the MCs could react.

 

“Mom?” MC Kim Gu Ra asked, “Your Mom was there?”

 

“Oh. Yonghwa’s Mom.” Shin Hye answered, “But my Mom was also there.”

 

C’mon now.
Shin Hye calls Yonghwa’s Mom, ‘Mom’ and her Mom is also there at Yonghwa’s cousin’s birthday.
C’mon…

 

The MCs have just to regain their composure before they can ask another question. Truth is, they haven’t asked that much actually. It was Yonghwa and Shin Hye who did the talking and they were doing it so naturally. They’re not even fazed by the MCs reaction (they were shocked on how close they are).

 

“I remember saying that I’m curious to see your messages to each other.” MC Jun Hyun Moo told them.

 

“Ahhh.” Yonghwa said, “We call each other more than we send each other messages.”

 

“So I assume you are in each other’s speed dials?” MC Kim Gu Ra asked smiling.

 

“Number 1.” The two proudly answered. Yonghwa even raised his pointer finger.

 

“Don’t you get into relationships and the boyfriend or the girlfriend’s number takes speed dial number 1?” MC Jun Hyun Moo almost cried out.

 

Yonghwa and Shin Hye laughed loud and long.

 

“Oh goodness, that’s a NO, isn’t that?” MC Jun Hyun Moo answered his own question.

 

Yup, that’s a NO.
Big N.O.

 

“Don’t your special someone get  jealous?” MC Kim Gu Ra probed.

 

“Nothing to be jealous about.” Yonghwa replied. “We’re just friends. Best of friends.”

 

That again.
Best of friends.

 

“What nothing?” MC Jun Hyun Moo almost shouted. “You guys are just short of sharing a bed and kissing.”

 

Oooops.
He was wrong.
Dead wrong.

 

The two can just laugh again and shake their heads. They cannot admit that fact, can they?

 

“Seriously, just go ahead and date.” MC Jun Hyun Moo told them. “Didn’t that ever cross your minds, ever?”

 

“It did.” It was Yonghwa who answered. “It crossed my mind to ask her out so many times…”

 

Say that again, Jung Yonghwa.

 

Shin Hye hit him in the arm, “Yonghwa!”

 

“What?” Yonghwa rubbed his arm and but continued to answer the question just the same, “Honestly, I did ask her out a number of times and I got rejected so many times as well.”

 

Oooohhhh.
This is interesting.

 

Shin Hye closed her eyes. She thought they were in ‘Taxi’; she suddenly felt they were in ‘Healing Camp’.

 

“We’re all ears, Yonghwa.” MC Kim Gu Ra told the CNBlue leader who seemed ready to confess.

 

“Well, when we started working together in our first drama, I asked her out three times and I got a ‘No’ four times.” He laughed.

 

“I was taken.” Shin Hye shot at him and laughed.

 

They were all being honest. Even from the very beginning, they were.

 

“She said, she can only offer friendship.” Yonghwa went on, “So, I said fine. We had the opportunity to work again with ‘Heartstrings’ and I asked her again and I got rejected again. That’s why when I was asked what my feelings were during the kiss scene, I said my feelings were real.”

 

“Wait… I’m confused, aren’t you best of friends already that time?” MC Jun Hyun Moo clarified.

 

“Yes.” Yonghwa nodded.

 

“So, you asked her out when you guys are best friends?”

 

“Mmmm.” He nodded again.

 

“He wanted to destroy our friendship.” Shin Hye answered and slightly pouted.

 

So, Yonghwa dared to ask her out. Jung Yonghwa dared more than once to cross over that thin line. It was Shin Hye who didn’t want to take that risk. But he realized later on, their friendship is more important to keep.

 

“But I realized I loved her too much to lose her.” Yonghwa seriously confessed. “We were too close actually. Too close… too close… She’s family to me. Cannot and will not lose her by asking her to be my girlfriend.”

 

Awww and ouch.

 

Shin Hye nodded in agreement. They both knew this too well.

 

“No crossing over that thin line.” Shin Hye added. “We might as well just end our friendship because of other reasons and not because we fell in love.”

 

“That’s sad.” MC Kim Gu Ra frowned. “You guys have a good chemistry together.”

 

“As friends…” Yonghwa and Shin Hye said at the same time.

 

“But going back to your respective relationships, don’t you ever get jealous of each other’s special someone?” MC Jun Hyun Moo asked.

 

“Never.” Shin Hye was quick to answer. “I never got jealous of any of his girlfriends.”

 

She looked at Yonghwa meaningfully.  Yonghwa did not reply.

 

“Yonghwa?” MC Kim Gu Ra looked back at the silent guitarist.

 

“I just make it hard for them, to prove their worth.” He smiled faintly.

 

 “If Shin Hye will get married someday…” MC Jun Hyun Moo was telling Yonghwa but he cut him off.

 

“I’ll probably walk her down the aisle with her parents… smiling.” Yonghwa smiled, “I’m not jealous of anyone like people around us think. I’m just protecting her. I’m a man and I know men.”

 

Yeah, right.
We’ll believe you, Yonghwa…

When it happens.

 

The show continued on and MCs were continuously amazed on the closeness of Yonghwa and Shin Hye. The two even shared that it was Shin Hye who knows his passwords even more than he does; he often forgets everything. She also had kept duplicate keys of his car keys because Yonghwa has the habit of losing things.

 

Unfortunately, they have to filter some things that will be shown in the public. They can’t show everything especially that Yonghwa admitted having asked Shin Hye out in the past. He then clarified too that what he feels now is pure friendship and nothing else. He is currently in a romantic relationship with someone and it is serious and Shin Hye is close to his girlfriend. The MCs told him they know the girl too, but were hoping he and Shin Hye would still end up together.

 

Yonghwa and Shin Hye answered just one word to this: IMPOSSIBLE.

 

Their relationship have gotten too close, too precious that they will not take the risk of falling in love.

Not now, not in a million years.

 

 

Yonghwa kept running.

 

He is by the Han River, running and tiring himself out. Shin Hye sent him a message that she and Shi-yoon are going out on a date.

 

Date.
Yes, a date.
A romantic one.

 

He ran and ran until his legs almost gave up on him. Drenched with sweat, he slumped on the grass and got his phone out.

 

He replied to Shin Hye.

‘I don’t like him.’

 

Shin Hye texted him back.

‘Code 3.’

 

Yonghwa removed and threw away his training shoes, and ran in his socks with Shin Hye’s words kept playing in his head. His heart thumped hard; he wasn’t sure if it’s because he was running or because of what he just read.

 

‘Code 3.’

 

And when he can’t run anymore he stayed locked up in his car for an hour before heading to their dorm. He couldn’t comprehend why the sudden upgrade from in between Codes 1 and 2 to Code 3. He didn’t see it coming.

 

Yonghwa took a long shower and pondered long enough why he never saw it coming that Shin Hye could’ve been possibly in love with Yoon Shi-Yoon. He told her in his last message that he didn’t like him. That alone should suffice. When Yonghwa tells Shin Hye he doesn’t like the guy, she listens to him. But no, she replied ‘Code 3’.

 

Code 3  means he/she is in love.

 

Yonghwa forgot if he had already shampooed his hair.

 

Damn.
He was that lost.

 

Yonghwa was startled when he heard a knock at the bathroom door.

 

“Hyung.” It was Jonghyun. “Are you almost done?”

 

“Yes.” Yonghwa answered. He tried his best to answer as if he is not bothered by something. “Almost done!”

 

When he came out he asked Jonghyun if he wanted to have dinner outside after he’s done taking a bath.

Jonghyun got it.

That dinner meant eating and drinking in a Pojangmacha (a small tented restaurant which sells street food). Despite being idols, they love eating and drinking there, especially if they are venting out.

 

Oooohhhh.
Someone needs to vent out.

 

But who?

 

Jonghyun was about to ask his Hyung too…

 

Ahhh… these blue boys.

 

The two drove to their favorite Pojangmacha which is about twenty minutes away from their dorm. The two handsome heartthrobs were feeling each other, waiting which one will open up first. Little did they know, that night they won’t be pouring their hearts out and seeking each other’s advice. Because right there in their favorite Pojangmacha,  both ladies who are making their hearts uneasy and their minds troubled are having their ‘dinner’ too.

 

Wait.

Shin Hye and Jin Yi know each other?

 

Well, yes.
Just recently… very recently actually.
 

The two are endorsing a lipstick bra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter