Jung Yonghwa Is Not Waiting for Tonight

That Thin Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Where the Heartstrings are...
Gangnam, Seoul
7:30 a.m.


“What’s all this mess, Yonghwa?” Shin Hye’s eyes travelled warily across their kitchen, then angrily onto her handsome husband who is wearing nothing except his bum-hugging boxers and abs-fitting apron.

 

“Breakfast.” Yonghwa flashed his toothly smile.

 

Breakfast?
Which one,Yong?
The one you’re making... or you?

 

“Baby... this is...” Shin Hye dropped her bag and began picking up some plastic wrappers from the floor. She just arrived from shooting all night and came home to a messy kitchen and to a handsome man who obviously just came out of bed.

 

Oh well, she shouldn’t have any complaints; that handsome man is her husband.

 

“How’s work?” Yonghwa had cut her off and went back frying his omelette.

 

“I know I should be the one doing this. The cooking, the laundry, all the cleaning even the groceries... you even take my parents to meals... and you even take Oppa’s babies to dates when I should be the one... doing it...” Shin Hye apologized, as she continued to pick some trash. She noticed dishes were unwashed too. Condiments were almost empty. “I’m sorry... this is the last time I’d be taking a drama and a movie all at the same time.”

 

Yonghwa as Shin Hye apparently.
When she’s busy, he’s doing her responsibilities at home, even with her family.
Boy, whatta man.

 

“It’s fine.” He replied, but his grip on the pan tightened and his frying went faster. “Just don’t get sick. You’re not mostly home.”

 

Shin Hye went up to him and hugged him from behind, “Thank you... You never changed Yong. You just don’t know how much this means to me. I wanted these drama and movie roles so badly and I waited for this for so long.”

 

Yonghwa faced her and hugged her back. It was a long hug. After a year of marriage, a marriage they cannot tell everyone that is, they have been held back by so many obstacles that instead of overcoming heads-on, Yonghwa and Shin Hye just chose to ignore.

 

And since they kept their marriage a secret, they pretend everything is just like before. Shin Hye’s been getting work projects left and right and so is Yonghwa. But the wife gets worse because she doesn’t have any control on her filming schedules. Shin Hye works almost the whole day which extends even during wee hours of the night leaving Yonghwa to tend to chores at home. He even takes Shin Hye’s own parents to meals when she’s too busy to do so. And her weekly dates with her nephew and niece, if Shin Hye can’t make it, Uncle Yonghwa does it for her. May it be a date in a theme park or to an ice cream parlor or to watch a movie or just to walk their dogs. 

 

Bestfriend Yong is there to save the day.

 

Oh.
It should be Husband Yonghwa now.

 

But Yonghwa understands. Oh yes, he does. But not when he attends high school reunions and parties of his friends outside of work and he sees his friends and their wives and their babies...

 

Yonghwa does not understand anymore.
He becomes sad and begins to ask.

 

Everyone knows they’re dating.

 

Can Shin Hye not spare a day for him? Or just a few hours?
Why does he need to come alone?
Why is everyone asking why he’s alone?
Why is everyone asking where is Shin Hye?
Why is everyone asking when is he and Shin Hye getting married?
Why is he getting weird thoughts to just get his wife pregnant for him not to be asking those questions above?

 

But when he sees Shin Hye and would try to demand for answers, even before Yonghwa could ask one of those questions, all Shin Hye needs to do is smile at him and Yonghwa would forget all about it.

 

Love.
Crazy in love, that Jung Yonghwa.

 

He will just remember those questions much later on, and he will just remember being sad when he attends another party when he sees a married friend with a baby.

 

Crazy.
Crazy in love, that Jung Yonghwa.

 


FNC Recording Studio
Seoul
10 a.m.

 

“You’re not going there.” Yonghwa closed his eyes and held his breath.  For a second or two, he bit his lower lip then he sighed loudly.

 

Anger Management 101.
The CNBlue leader is practicing it right now.

 

“I said you’re not going there.” His voice as instense as his stare. “I’m not allowing you to.”

 

“Okay.”  Jungshin nodded and sipped his orange shake. (his new favourite; orange juice is so history now).

 

“Lee Jungshin!” Yonghwa shouted and stomped his right foot. “You’re not supposed to give in easily. Shin Hye will not do that, give in easily.”

 

Practicing, remember?

 

“Why do you need to practice?” Minhyuk came in to the room, drinking an orange shake too. Jungshin is buying many orange shakes, sharing it to everyone.

 

“Because I lose my defense when I’m with her.”  Yonghwa  admitted. “One smile, I lose.”

 

Too honest, that Jung Yonghwa.
But honestly, that’s too sweet.

 

“Ah, Hyung...” Jungshin smiled, “It has been like that since day one of your friendship. I think you should’ve known by now. Come to think of it, you have been in love with your wife since you were just friends. Daebak!”

 

Yonghwa stared at the window, smiling like an idiot, reminiscing.

 

He was in love with her since the beginning of time?
Was his feelings too much of a giveaway?
Truly, sincerely, honestly?
Awwww.

 

“What are you doing?” MInhyuk asked, wanted to laugh, “What are you staring at?”

 

“The window.” Yonghwa answered, still smiling.

 

“We don’t have a window.” Jungshin pouted, finding his Hyung too weird; but he was looking for a window himself.  “In this room...”

 

“I’m exaggerating, you pabo.”  Yonghwa laughed, “You, Minhyuk, you do it. Practice with me. You’re prettier than Jungshin. And a lot better actor.”

 

“You should’ve gotten Jonghyun-Hyung instead.” Minhyuk chuckled. “Prettier...”

 

“I wanted someone who can act.”  Yonghwa replied. “Jonghyun’s just a flower. Beautiful but just sways.”

 

“Not gonna give in.” Jungshin and Minhyuk chorused. “Just sways!”

 

Yup, beautiful Jonghyun might not just give in to Yonghwa.
Just sways.

 

“Where’s that beautiful flower?” Yonghwa panicked.

 

“Buying his wedding dress.” Jungshin said mocking Jonghyun.

 

“Arrggghh.”

 

“Exactly where are you not allowing Shin Hye-Noona  to go to?” Jungshin finally asked.

 

“Heirs reunion dinner.” Yonghwa slumped in his chair and closed his eyes. Gone is that search for that ‘window’ and that reminiscing. It’s back to reality.

 

“But I’ll be there!” MInhyuk eyes’ widened, “And so is Ji Won!”

 

“But I won’t be there!” Yonghwa shouted. “So she shouldn’t be there... Damn it! Where’s Lee Jonghyun???”

 

 

Cafe Benne
Seoul
6.30 p.m.

 

“One orange shake please.” A handsome but bad-boy looking young lad told the lady at the counter.

 

Lee Jungshin, standing right on the next counter suddenly felt weird. No other good looking guy likes orange shake except him. Now, there’s two of them.

 

“It’d take awhile.” The lady replied. “It’s rare that someone buys that.”

 

The handsome boy laughed. “It’s fine.”

 

Jungshin scanned ‘orange-shake-boy-two’ head-to-foot. He’s tall too. Handsome. Well-built. And he just spoke American English over the phone to someone. And boy, looks rich too, he looks like someone whose family owns lots and lots of orange trees in their backyard .

 

Darn.
That was some guy, some competition.

 

“Here you go.” The lady gave the orange shake to the handsome boy after awhile. “Enjoy.”

 

“Thank you.” He replied with a handsome smile. “My babe’s going to love this.”

 

The handsome boy found a spot near the corner, while Jungshin sat right across him and continued to eye him suspiciously. He totally forgot he was waiting for his girlfriend Krystal.  He too ordered orange shake as always.

 

He didn’t know what exactly happened to him but ever since he had met Krystal, he had grew fond of orange juice, and now orange shake. Krystal likes the same fruit refreshments. Maybe because Krystal wanted to be ‘Orange Juice Couple’ with him, that’s why Jungshin came to love it to pulp and bits.

 

Today, Krystal will introduce to him her bestfriend whom she haven’t seen for ages. Jungshin heard many things about Krystal’s bestfriend and he knows they’re very, very close. Krystal calls her bestfriend just, ‘babe’. He knows they’ve been friends ever since they were still wearing diapers.  Their grandparents are friends, parents are friends, siblings - best of friends; their own pets are siblings. Basically, their respective family trees belong to just one forest, with their roots intertwined.

 

They’re that close.

 

They’re simply too close, Jungshin thought if Krystal’s bestfriend was a guy, it would be a Jung Yonghwa and Park Shin Hye younger version. It sent shiver to his bones, even to Simba’s bones and golden eyelashes.

 

Krystal even knew her bestfriend sneezes thrice before finally drifting to sleep.
She knew her bestfriend’s shoe size, pant size, underwear size etc, etc.

 

Yup.
They’re that close.

 

“Babe!!!” Krystal’s disguise was useless because her shriek gave away her arrival. And well, that gave away the ‘surprise’ of a lifetime for Lee Jungshin.

 

‘Babe’, unfortunately, (at least for Jungshin) was that handsome Orange-shake-boy-two.
And boy, the surprise didn’t end there.

 

They kissed.
Krystal and Orange-shake-boy-two.

 

On the lips.
Oh babe.
Make that oh darn.

 

And they hugged long and tight... and kissed (oh, it was more of a smack) and hugged again.

 

“You freak!” Krystal started hitting him, “Why didn’t you show up for so long?”

 

“Chloe.” He shrugged and smiled shyly.

 

“That .” Krystal pouted. “I never liked her. Never. I will never like her. Not in this lifetime, not on the next. Not on the next, next. Not even when I’m reborn as a plant or a racoon on my third lifetime.”

 

“You never liked anyone for me, babe.” Orange-shake-boy-two hugged her again and kissed her hair. “You always have reasons... like, they’re going to cheat on me. Not too good for me...like this girl doesn’t like you or doesn’t live up to your fashion taste etc, etc. You never liked anyone for me. While I forced myself to like whomever you fell in love with.”

 

“Pabo.” Krystal hugged him tighter, “That’s because you are stupid when you fall in love. Stupid enough you can’t tie you shoelaces well.”

 

“I missed you, Babe.” Orange-shake-boy-two slightly nudged his forehead to Krystal’s and smiled handsomely and sweetly. “You know I can’t do without you, right? It’s Krystal and Mino, forever, remember?”

 

“Then break-up with Chloe.” Krystal pouted like a kid.

 

He nodded.

 

Nod, as in YES?

 

“You did?” Krystal looked somewhat shocked and surprised, but happy. Her expressive eyes were beaming.

 

He nodded again. “She was being persistent asking me to choose between you and her.”

 

“She was asking for a death sentence.” Krystal chuckled. “But seriously, I am being serious now, Song Mino. You love her... You love that pigeon-looking, vanilla-smelling boring girl. You’ve been together for years.  I imagine you two walking down the aisle, while me crying because you married her... but still, I would’ve seen you marrying her because you love her.”

 

Honest.
Frank.
Clear.
Straight to the point.
Brat.
Brutal.
All of it is Jung Soojung – Krsytal Clear.

 

“Yes, I love her.” He replied sadly one second but cheered up the next, “But, have I ever chose another woman over my bestest friend in the whole wide world? That beautiful brat, who loves orange juice?”

 

“You love her, Song Mino.” Krystal seriously repeated.

 

“I love you more.” But Mino was a lot more serious. “I can only marry someone who can accept you. You and I both know that. We know that even before we can talk and walk.”

 

“I love you.” Krystal smiled.

 

They eyed each other.
Their eyes talk with each other for a long time.
They knew what they’re talking about.
Of course.

 

They’re that close.

 

“And what are you talking about?” Mino, again, hugged her, “Getting married? Too soon! We’re too young!”

 

“I know right.” Krystal laughed.

 

“You’ve gotten prettier.” Mino brushed her hair with his fingers.

 

“I was expecting 'more gorgeous than before'.” Krystal pouted.

 

“I’m saving that for your break-up with Jung--... which, reminds me... I thought you brought Jungshinnie.” Mino asked, “Why is his name weird? Jungshinnie? Sounds gay.”

 

“Oh my gosh!” Krystal went pale. “I totally forgot about him.”

 

Jungshin was on his way out when Krystal was scanning the cafe and spotted him. She had gotten so excited and listless seeing Mino, so it didn’t cross her mind that he was already there but was leaving the place.

 

“Jungshinnie!” Krystal called out.

 

Jungshin turned around and pretended as if nothing happened and approached the couple, er, the bestfriends.

 

“Jungshinnie, this is my bestfriend, Song Mino.” Krystal introduced the boys in her life. Funny that she was tugging her bestfriend’s hand, not her boyfriend’s. “Babe, this is my boyfriend Lee Jungshin.”

 

“Hi bro.” Mino offered his hand. “Nice to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you. I’m Mino. Song Mino.”

 

“Hi Babe, nice to meet you too.” Jungshin, who was feeling terribly jealous and down, shook Mino’s hand. “I’ve heard a lot about you too. “

 

“Well, that figures. You just called me ‘babe’.” Mino let out a small laugh. “Then I guess I will call you Jungshinnie, Jungshinnie.”

 

Jungshin felt red smoke come out of his big nostrils. Suddenly, Lee Jonghyun seemed to be the nicest person on earth in an instant and the most caring Hyung to him. Song Mino just became annoying in a blink of an eye.

 

Did Babe just mock him? Jungshin wanted to knock him out. But he had oranges in his arms.

 

Orange = muscles.
Biceps.

 

He only had lemons.
Little lemons.
Jungshinnie had let go of the idea.

 

The conversation that Krystal and Mino just had awhile back is nothing new to him. Their teary reunion and somewhat romantic skinship is something very familiar to him. In fact, it’s something he had heard before, and something he had witnessed personally. But this time, it had hurt him. It made him jealous as hell, mad as hell.

 

This is how Jung Yonghwa and Park Shin Hye’s like.
That is how they talk to each other.
It’s how Yonghwa and Shin Hye express their friendship.

 

That eye conversation.
The stares.
The smiles.
The hugs.
The kisses.


And they’re just best of friends.
 

Close.
Very close.
Very, very close.  

 

They freakin’ talk with their eyes.
No one gets in the way with their friendship. Not even their respective romantic relationships.

 

I can’t do without you. Pfft.

 

Jungshin cringed when they hugged and kissed.
When they exchanged I love you’s.
He wanted to join as they talk with their eyes. Jungshin practically blinked more than he can, like he was sending morse codes.

 

Yonghwa-Hyung and Shin Hye-Noona are married now.
Jungshinnie wants to cry...

 

“You want to have dinner?” Krystal and Mino both asked Jungshin at the same time.

 

Jungshin didn’t answer.

 

“Yes?” They asked again, both at the same time, with the same smile.

 

Still, Jungshin didn’t respond with tears ready to deploy from his eyes.

 

This is another Yonghwa and Shin Hye.
Oh no, no, no.
Jungshin wanted to ask Mino if he can belt out ‘Oeteoriya, Oeteoriya.’
While he wanted to ask  Krystal if he believes in a miracle... in cell number eight particularly. (Seven, Jungshin, it's Miracle in cell number seven.)

 

“No?” Another same question. Using the same tone, posing the same expression.

 

Finally Jungshin snapped and nodded. He got Krystal’s hand and led her out of the cafe.  His hand shaking.

 

“Oh I bought you orange shake, babe.” Mino told Krystal but unable to walk, wanted to laugh. “You like this? I mean, you told me you came to like orange juice lately and it has become orange shake now. You’re becoming weird.”

 

“Thanks.” Krystal got the shake, wanting to laugh herself. “What’s wrong with this? Jungshinnie loves this.”

 

“Oh.” Mino winked at Krystal. Then Krystal started laughing uncontrollably.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jungshin, finally couldn’t take it, finally couldn’t hold out much of his curiosity, asked. “Why are you laughing so hard?”

 

“You’re holding my hand, Jungshinnie.”  Mino smiled wickedly. “Or should I say, Babe?”

 

Oh dear.
Oh Jungshinnie.

 

 

Where the Heartstrings are...
Gangnam, Seoul
11 p.m.

 

“Isn’t it obvious that I don’t want to go?” Yonghwa hugged the pillow he snatched from Shin Hye and turned the opposite side from her.

 

Shin Hye is basically left with no pillow at all. Yonghwa’s got it all. To be exact, they have been talking about this same topic for more than an hour now.

 

“Isn’t it obvious that you and I don’t have a choice?” She told her husband, and turned her back on him too.

 

“The final answer is NO.” Yonghwa hugged the pillow tighter. “N-O.”

 

“Goodnight, Yong.” Shin Hye sighed and turned to kiss Yonghwa. “I love you, baby. We need to go there, please? Please?”

 

Pillow-less that evening, Shin Hye knew she has to convince her baby, er, husband or else she might just be removed from her maternal family tree. This is serious.

 

“No.” Yonghwa closed his eyes. “N.O.”

 

The answer is still NO.
N dash Oh.
N dot Oh dot.
Jung Yonghwa still said No.

 

 

The N-O and N.O. apparently stayed in the bedroom.  Three days later, after three days of cold treatment from Jung Yonghwa and three days of relentless begging from Park Shin Hye, they are both on a plane to Jeju Island to attend Shin Hye’s aunt’s birthday.

 

Yonghwa dreaded that.
He didn’t like Aunt Jane.
And the feeling is too mutual, Shin Hye dreaded Aunt Jane and Yonghwa might end up being together.

 

Because Aunt Jane liked every guy in the world for her dear Park Shin Hye-yah, except Jung Yonghwa. She didn’t even attend their wedding in Bali. Jane said it was a waste of time and she believes Yonghwa and Shin Hye’s marriage won’t last anyway.

 

But truth is, she liked someone else for Shin Hye. Her ex-husband’s nephew, Kim Jaeyeol. She thought if they hooked them up together, she and her husband could have another chance together. So Aunt Jane had set Jaeyeol and Shin Hye all these years.

 

Shin Hye begged off all this time. And the best reason she can use, is of course, best friend Yonghwa. ‘Yonghwa, doesn’t like him Aunt Jane.’ Shin Hye reasoned out to her dear Aunt. She wasn’t entirely lying. Remember, Yonghwa never liked anyone for Shin Hye. And Yonghwa was fine that Shin Hye used him as a reason.

 

So Aunt Jane never grew fond of Shin Hye’s best friend. She cried when she found out Shin Hye and Yonghwa were finally dating. Eventually, it had hurt her when they finally tied the knot.

 

The birthday party in Jeju was the meeting of Aunt Jane and Yonghwa after a long time. It wasn’t something they liked. And Yonghwa wanted to avoid it, but like Shin Hye had repeated over and over, they have no choice. All of her family is going to be there so it’s sort of a reunion.

 

But the moment the plane had landed, as if right on cue, Shin Hye’s phone began ringing endlessly. It was Manager Jun calling her asking her to come back immediately. She needs to reshoot some scenes for her movie which is due to be shown in a few weeks’ time.

 

She can’t say no.
Therefore, only it’s dear husband Yonghwa saying...

 

“Happy birthday Aunt Jane.” Yonghwa hugged and kissed Aunt Jane.

 

She didn’t say thanks. Instead, she looked around and frowned when she didn’t find Shin Hye.

 

“She couldn’t make it today.” Yonghwa explained with his eyes downcast. “Work. It’s urgent.”

 

Aunt Jane turned her back on Yonghwa after she gave him her disappointed smirk.  Yonghwa had no choice but to live with this cold treatment. He expected this; actually he expected worse. Yonghwa was waiting to be barred from the party. When he saw that there were relative of Aunt Jane’s ex-husband, he hoped to be thrown out in all honesty. They too, were giving him judging looks like he was no good.

 

Yup.
There are aliens on this country who treat Jung Yonghwa as a bum.

 

Yonghwa ate with his in-laws during the party. Played with Ji Min and Haru most of the time. Drank wine alone. He saw Jaeyeol and his cousins and his friends. They whispered to each other when he passed by. Yonghwa made sure they saw his wedding ring. He made sure that when he’s drinking, he uses his left hand to lift his glass.

 

He’s going to get even with the stares they’re throwing at him. His fbace was shouting ‘I’m Mr. Park Shin Hye’ all day and night during the celebration. And since this is a family event, he had the freedom to talk about being married and all.

 

Yonghwa is all, ‘my wife... my wife, Shin Hye’ in his limited conversations. Boy, he was one proud married man.

 

But hours seemed like days for Yonghwa during the party. This is one event and one party where Jung Yonghwa hated the attention and the stares he’s been getting. He hated that people are wondering why’s he’s alone and why Shin Hye didn’t come. And more importantly, how people still comparing him to Jaeyeol.

 

Some people in the party never cared for his superstar status. They never gave a damn if he was that talented musician and artist; all they knew is that Park Shin Hye deserved someone better, someone named Kim Jaeyeol. Thank goodness his in-laws were an exception and so are other close relatives.

 

Yonghwa wrote a song that night. He just couldn’t decide for the title:

Alone.
Lonely.
Outcast.

 

 

Shin Hye doesn’t pick up her phone when he calls. Not even when Yonghwa tried calling in the evening to say goodnight. She just sent a message at two in the morning to say she can’t even make it the next day because they would continue filming. There is so much to be done apparently.

 

Yonghwa just decided to tour Jeju with his in-laws for the next day and unfortunately for him, with the torturous Aunt Jane.

 

Aunt Jane, never missed a beat on praising Jaeyeol; on how accomplished he is as a young man. He is an investment banker and gets promoted very often at his very prestigious office.

 

Unlike some music maker who just knows who to make young girls scream and cry because he looks a bit doll-faced, according to Aunt Jane. Yonghwa listened to everything – to Jaeyeol achievements, from the time he was a baby until he’s old enough to make babies. He listened to it munching snacks his mother-in-law brought for his grandkids and for him. Yonghwa listened to it intently. He even listened to how Aunt Jane still thinks Shin Hye is living miserably with him now.

 

His parents-in-law could only mouth a silent apology and Yonghwa could only smile and respond with a soundless okay.

 

Jung Yonghwa says it’s fine.
What’s not fine for him is Shin Hye’s absence.

 

He misses her.
He misses her a lot.

 

 

“Aunt Jane!” Shin Hye dashed to her Aunt who was flipping a fashion magazine near the pool. “I’m so sorry I missed your birthday.”

 

“Shin Hye-ah.” Aunt Jane stood up and gave her big bear hug. “How have you been? Busy, sad, disappointed, regretting I suppose? It’s not too late dear.”

 

Shin Hye came days after. The birthday slash reunion are days to celebrate hence Shin Hye still was able to follow her family.

 

“Aunt Jane...” Shin Hye hugged her. “I’m very happy.”

 

“Oh no, you’re not.” Aunt Jane waved her hand. “How can you be happy, when you haven’t given birth yet but you’ve been raising a baby? That Jung ate truckload of Peppero when we went around yesterday.  He ate more than the kids.”

 

“Happy birthday Auntie.” Shin Hye changed the topic.

 

“Get a divorce.” And so did Auntie Jane.

 

Shin Hye looked for Yonghwa and spotted him on a table, doing something with his phone, and well, eating Peppero. “Let’s have dinner.”

 

“Okay.” Aunt Jane told her. “But just you, me, your parents, your brother and his family and Jaeyeol.”

 

“Aunt Jane!”

 

“You cannot bring that Peppero-eating monster.”

 

Yonghwa didn’t eat dinner that night.
Yonghwa and Shin Hye didn’t talk for days too not until they went back to Seoul.
Shin Hye cried and so did Yonghwa.

 

 

Jung Yonghwa Solo Album Launch
SBS Studio, Seoul
5 p.m.

 

Everybody expected to see her.
 

Define everybody.
That includes Park Shin Hye; she even expected to see herself there.
Park Shin Hye expected herself to be at her husband’s solo album launch, but well, she was not.

 

She blocked all of her schedule that day only to be called by her company and said it’s urgent. The new movie she auditioned for, where she was initially rejected from, have been calling her again for another try.

 

Park Shin Hye wanted this role. She would play a bad- rich woman. That is new.
And she wanted and somehow felt she needed this role.
Badly.

 

So another try at the auditions would mean she’s got another shot at it. And Shin Hye can’t miss it for the world but that would mean, she would have to miss Yonghwa’s first solo album launch. Shin Hye knew how much Yonghwa prepared for this album. And she wanted to see how his hard work finally pays off.

 

Well, she got the role eventually and Yonghwa said he understood, and she can still make up for it since he will a Japanese version of this album.

 

But husband Yong is hurt. He never said it but he was hurt. He was excited about this day, about this album and he wanted to share this with no less than his wife, Shin Hye... but she wasn’t there. All his energy, enthusiasm and excitement just plummeted when she said she can’t make it. Yonghwa even wanted to say he can’t make it too.

 

“You probably have waited for this night, Yonghwa-ssi.” One reporter told him in the press conference.

 

“No, I’m not waiting for tonight.” Yonghwa answered and offered a fake smile.

 

Everyone laughed.
They didn’t know he wasn’t joking.   

 

 Jung Yonghwa said he is not waiting for tonight.

 

 

Jung Yonghwa Solo Album Launch
NHK Studio
Tokyo, Japan
5 p.m.

 

Everybody expected to see her.
 

Define everybody.
That includes Park Shin Hye; she even expected to see herself there.
Park Shin Hye expected herself to be at her husband’s solo album launch (this time in Japan), but well, she was not.

 

The album launch coincides with her movie premiere. That one where she plays a bad- rich woman.

 

There was some delay in Yonghwa’s solo album launch in Japan, so of all the days that it was set to be released, it was when the world finally gets to see for the first time, a bad- Park Shin Hye.

 

She was given another try at the auditions having been rejected the first time. And Shin Hye worked doubly hard on this movie to prove she deserved the role. Everyone thinks she can only play poor and can only cry buckets of tears; they no longer remembered she was a rich kid in Stairway to Heaven. But still, she cried a pool on that classic.

 

So this movie is one for the books. She plays a villain. And as an actress, this is a breakthrough for her who has been known for almost similar roles. Well, she’s good for playing what’s she been famous for, but Shin Hye’s proud of this one.

 

-kicking.
Hard and serious dialogues, and oh, she curses here too.
But no, Mr. Jung Yonghwa-ssi said no bed scenes, so there’s none.

 

She can’t probably be missing in the premiere and that would mean, she would have to miss Yonghwa’s first solo album launch in Japan.

 

Shin Hye knew how much Yonghwa prepared for this album, as much as he prepared for the Korean version. And as always, she wanted to see how his hard work pays off.

 

This time, Yonghwa still said he (still) understood, and didn’t mention if she needs to make up for it, but Yong says it's fine.

 

But husband Yong is hurt.
Again.

 

He never said it but he was hurt. He was excited about this day (again), about this album (again) and he wanted to share this with no less than his wife, Shin Hye (again) but she wasn’t there (again).

 

All his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter