They Threw Me to the SM Shark

Moving to SMtown (sequel to SMtown Disney)

 

 

No One’s POV

“Hyung?” Taemin looked at his SHINee Umma, he had seen that face many times and knew he was thinking , and that never ended well in his opinion.

“Why did you take Eli Noona’s napkin.”

“And make her sign?” Jonghyun added

“We are going to use this in our MV and I wanted to make sure she gets credit.”

“But hyung how?” Taemin asked intrigued. He had honestly liked Eliani’s idea, it was a little rough; not much details, but the bones where good. She seemed to care about what they wanted in the MV even when the PD didn’t.

“So what are you going to do?”

“Take it to the top.” This I where in a movie you expect some dramatic soundtrack.  But instead

‘slurp SLURP’  the LOUD sound of air being through a straw. Startled the other members. They all looked to their leader. Who was finishing off a smoothie.

“What?” Onew said looking innocent

“Hyung isn’t that Eliani’s”   Key said.

 

A couple of days later. – Eliani’s POV

                “Bye Eli”  .

 I waved at one of my new class mates. Ae Young was an upbeat girl with long hair and  big eyes  that were hidden behind glasses.  She was wonderful after you get behind her shell.

‘it’s a Breaking News … It’s a Breaking News….’ It was Key Oppa.

“Morning Diva.”

“Morning Bunny Princess.”

“LOL , What did I do to deserve a call from my oppa?”

“Can you come over for dinner?”

“Dinner ? …. At the dorm? … and you guys are cooking?”

“Yes, we have a free night tonight but an early morning so we wanted you to come over. Please.”

“umm  okay.”

“Great our dorm at 7:00.” And he hangs up, without saying goodbye.

 

Later

   ‘butterfly lover’s’ (a Chinese classical song) begins to play. It is my general ringtone.

“Hello Eliani speaking”

“Hello Miss S, I am calling on behalf of President Lee Soo Man.” The women on the line pauses, maybe expecting a reaction.

“He would like to schedule another meeting on Friday. He has something to discuss with you.”

“Oh … Okay I have work until 4:00pm on Friday does he have time to see me after?”

“He can see you a 6.”

“Thank you.”

“Have a nice day” then she hangs up . *what could Lee Soo Man want. I haven’t caused a scandal. Have I? *

 

Dinner at SHINee’s dorm.

 

No One’s POV

                SHINee’s dorm was in an uproar. The boys were “cleaning” the dorm. They were stuffing clothing and other things in their closets and cleaning the dirty dorm. Key was “cooking” as he liked to call it.  He was just putting food from the tupperware from the refrigerator and heated it up. The others were forbidden to enter the kitchen under pain of death.  His little puppy Kkomde was lying on his bed in the corner of the kitchen. In a tight ball afraid of getting stepped on in the mad dash of his uncles and father.  He had only seen them like this once or twice and it usually meant he’d get attention later so he waited. Attention usually meant meat. The door bell rang and they froze for a few seconds. Then as fast as lighting they throw everything left in the hall closet checked their hair in a mirror. Minho jumped on the couch and the Tv. Key on the other hand calmly put the last bowl in the warm oven, and threw the tupperware in the washer.   Taemin and, Jonghyun and Onew dive to open the door.

 

Eliani POV

                The door bell rang and I heard some shuffling and whispers through the door. Then in a whoosh the door swung open and I see three smiling faces.

“Hello” I smile but im nervous I’ve never been to SHINee’s dorm. When we get together its either at a restaurant or café but mostly it’s at mine or f(x)s dorm. 

“Noona, come in.” Taemin grabbed my hand and pulled me in.  Onew took the tray of cookies I had made.

“Onew don’t eat those they are for after dinner.” He does answer just walks off but Taemin follows. Jonghyun takes my jacket and leads me to the into the apartment. Minho is on the couch surfing through channels. I bowed and said hello and I think I blushed as Minho smiled and bowed to me. Quickly I turned and say Key taking off his pink apron. Followed by the  cutest ball of fur.

“Oh Kkomde.” I go down to  and pick him up. excited the cutie tries to my face.

“Why is it that whenever you see kkomde I become invisible.” Key humps.

“Not invisible Key. Kkomde is just cuter then you.”

 

Dinner was great but I knew that they didn’t cook it. The kitchen wasn’t dirty and there were no dirty pot or pans.

“This is good.” I stated but didn’t say anything else what else could I say.  We talked  and laughed ,  each one telling stories that happened behind the scenes.

“Onew walked in and fell and scared them senseless, it was so funny you should have….” 

Every once in a while Kkomde would lightly scratch my leg and looking at me  begging for food. I snuck him pieces of meat.

It wasn’t until desert when I found out the reason they had invited me. We were eating the cookies I had brought and talking in the living room.

“So we invited you here because we have a surprise.” Key said looking smug but excited.

“hmm… really?” I was playing with Kkomde on the floor, smiling as the puppy chased my finger. But then he was grabbed up.

“Hey?!”

“Did you hear anything we said?” Key looked peeved  his puppy baby struggling in his arms.

“Oh … um no . Im sorry what did you say?”

“We said..” Key began

“We were wondering if it was okay with you if we used your idea for our mv?” Taemin chirped in, interrupting his umma. I was shocked I didn’t expect this.

“really you guys want to use it?” I was buzzing with excitement they wanted to use my idea.

“It was good and you actually listened to what we wanted.” Said Jonghyun, Onew smiled and nodded cookie in hand . I looked at Minho he nodded  and smiled and my heart flipped but then looked at his phone and took a call. He waved goodbye and walked into his room, well what I thought was his room.  I quickly looked down not wanting to show the others my hurt. I kept hoping that he was playing it cool but he really did forget. Kkomde fell into my lap and I smiled

   “When we told SM and showed him the napkin he said yes and…”

“WAIT… you showed it to SM?” my voice raised a couple of octaves

“Yup” Taemin looked smug with himself I wanted to shake him “He said he wanted to hire you as a concept designer for the company .” Taemin bounced

“What?!” I jumped up   “Why would he … I can’t… what if I .” With each pause my voice got higher and higher.

“Don’t worry Princess you’ll be great we’ll help you. We are going to be your test run.” Key said pulling me down and rubbing my arm trying to calm me down. But them helping didn’t make me feel better. It made me nervous. If anything them helping was going to make this eventful.

 

SM office

As I walked down the hall of SM stars I was nervous but I had made my decision. I was going to do this. But I refuse to be pulled around by the nose if I was going to do this I’ll do it my way. The secretary smiled and phoned him.

“Miss Segura, He’ll see you now.” She opened the door and closed it behind me. *Click*

It hit me then that I wasn’t going to meet the SM that I know. I was going to be meeting SM the business man.

                He was intimidating  but I was stubborn.

                “Eliani, Come Sit.” . I did as I was told and sat

                “Mr. Lee Soo Man” I said and bowed then sat. silence  

                “The boys have told me that they have informed you why I have called you here.”

                “Yes,”

“And what do you think of it.”

“I think its an opportunity.”

“Do you think you can do it?”

“I can.”

“Even with your condition.”. I didn’t mean to do it but I bristled  in defense.

“I would not have said I could do it if I thought that my condition would affect me.”

“I want you to understand you may be working just as hard as the idols. Can your body take it?” he looked at me serious his eyes burrowing into mine.  He was a predator and I was the prize. I couldn’t talk so I nodded.

“I am guessing you want to continue with school. ”

“Yes”

“We will work it out.”

He handed me a contract and a pen.

Was I making a deal with the devil?