Déjà vu in Seoul

Moving to SMtown (sequel to SMtown Disney)

 

I was outside of SM Entertainment. It had been a year since my Disney vacation with SM Town I had finally worked out my student visa. I was going to finish my graduate school in Seoul National University.  I was planning to come the semester before but I went to Scotland instead as it was taking so long to finalize my Korean visa who would have thought my name was difficult. I was here early to get everything worked out , it was late February and till cold.  In the year 2014 and I was going to surprise my SM friends. The only one who knew I was coming was Key. I had told him that I was finally coming and I was wondering if I could come and say “hi” to everyone before school started and before I became too busy.  I met him for coffee, well coffee for him ;I drank tea. He said to text him when I got to the building and he would let me in. I had texted him and he texted me [I’ll be right down]. I was looking at the time on my phone when someone bumped into me. I was getting a distinct impression of déjà vu. I was on the floor crushed with a splitting headache, blurry vision and someone on top of me.    

“oww,” I blinked trying to focus. I saw platinum blond hair. “OMG, Ren get off her your crushing her” looking up I saw four faces I knew well.

you have got to be joking the universe isn’t that annoying” I murmured in English.

Miss are you okay , we are so sorry are you hurt do you need a doctor?”

I sat up slowly “no I think I’m fine”  I looked at one of my favorite rookie band Nu’est.

“Eliani!”  Key was running up and kneeled by my side. are you okay”. I giggled

“I’m fine Key. I’m used to celebrities falling on me, first Taemin now Ren.” He helped me up.

“Oww” I leaned on him, as the world started spinning, definitely déjà vu.

Come on lets get you inside and look at your head Ren grab her stuff.” 

“Sure why not , I’m fine by the way” Key rolled his eyes at the little blond diva. We walked through the back entrance but there was still a lobby and secretary. She looked shocked that I was leaning on Key. 

“Hana can you call My Manager for me please.”  Key was talking to the Secretary. 

“ Right away. Is she ok? She looks a little Pale” she had gone from surprised to worried

“She’s fine she had a bit of a fall and hit her head. I’m taking her to the cafeteria to get some Ice.”   

The Cafeteria was really nice , it sort of reminded me of a high scale cafeteria/ café.   Key sat me on a couch in the corner. “stay here ill get some ice”  he moved off and left me alone with NU’EST. It was quite for a few seconds. I can’t take silence so introduced myself.

“Hello my name is Eliani. It was nice to meet you.” I tried to get up but Aaron and JR pushed me back down. Ren scoffed and Min and Beakho smiled at my slightly accented Hangul.

“It’s fine just sit, you don’t have to bow to us.”

“Thank You.” I was getting a headache and my hair started feeling tight. Undoing the bun gave me some relief. 

“Here put this on.” Key had come back with a medical ice pack. Sitting next to me he put it on the bump that had sprung from skull.

“Ouch.”

“You Ok?” Key looked worried, he was in full Umma mode.

“I’m fine, its just really cold”

“So Eliani where are you from?” looking up I smile at Aaron 

“The US. In New Mexico.”

“Really that’s cool so how did you meet Key?”

“In LA about a year ago….”  I was about to explain when Ren says

“Key Hyung, is she your girlfriend.”

“WHAT” we both say “NOPE”

“Absolutely not”

“We are just friends” key states

“yes friends and shopping buddies.” I say.  My headache was getting better but now my head was cold. Looking around I realize my purse is not with me. “Key oppa have you seen my purse?”

“Here, I have it” Beak Ho held up my caramel toffee colored purse.  I pulled out a travel bottle of ibuprofen.

“You still carry those around” key sounded amused

“I still get headaches” I sighed

“So Eliani what brings you here to Seoul?” Aaron spoke again as I popped two pills.

“School….i’m finishing up my graduate.”

“really in what?”

“Literature.”

“That’s cool…Hey are”

“KEY” the yelling all made us jump. At the cafés entrance Jjong looked ticked.

“You go off and disappear, we are all worried and then we find here with NU’EST and Eliani ” there was a silence then a Squeal.

“ELIANI Noona!” Taemin bounced up out of nowhere and hugged me.

“Oww. Tigre not so rough.” He let me go and saw the ice pack. 

“Noona what happened?”

“nothing much,  just hit my head.” I smiled and he smiled back. The others came up and I hugged each of them.  It was a little awkward when I hugged Minho because of last time but he acted like nothing had happened so I did to.

“When did you get here?” Taemin sat on my other side.

“Yesterday. I was coming today to surprise you guys . I brought….” Then f(x) showed up Victoria at the front.

“We heard that Key had brought a girl here we came to check her out.” Amber said and smiled when she saw me.

“Hey, its just me I decided to visit today”… I smile

“ouch” key had put the ice pack back on the bump.

“Hey what happened to your…”

“Hey we heard there was a girl in here.”  Kyuhyun walked flowed by the rest of Super Junior, all except Leeteuk and Yesung who were in the army, Heechul was there.  DBSK  EXO, BoA and Kangta followed closely behind.

 “Wow news travels fast” I couldn’t stay sitting I was so happy to see them all. I said hello to all met Heechul and hugged a few. I saved Henry and Zhou Mi for last. Mimi was very gentle like always calling me “mie mie” and Henry was exuberant as always he was so much so that when he hugged me he cupped my head pushing me closer. I hissed in pain but I also could help but blush like always.

“Henry be careful with her head” Henry let me go immediately at MinHo’s words. Minho then gently grabbed my arm and sat me in the couch, I was blushing

 “Eliani what happened” Henry asked and he didn’t look happy.

“Umm” I looked at Key for help and he came to my rescue. He explained what he had seen as he opens the back door to the building. Everyone then looked at Ren and commented how he should be more careful and that it was luck y that is wasn’t a crazy fan or an anti who could use this situation to their advantage.

“what makes you think she won’t” everyone was shocked silent. Mimi and Hae had to stop Henry and Onew and Jjong stopped Minho the others were shaking their heads. JR and Min Hyun and Beakho were whispering to the pouting Diva . Aaron the other hand looked at me

“So you staying for the whole semester?”

“…” I looked at the NU’EST huddle in back of  him

“Yup”

“Can I have your number so if you have any question about Seoul you can ask, one American to another”

“Hey what am I French.” Amber huffed

“Sure I would like that” I reached in my bag and realized that I wouldn’t find it there I had had it with me when I was knocked down.

“hey did anyone of you guys pick up my phone?”  I looked at NUEST, Aaron shook his head, the others said no except Ren. He came forward and handed it to me the screen was cracked and black.

“Oh no its broken. And it was a gift from my parents.”

“Is that a Note II?”

“It was” I had waited 6months for this phone it was my Christmas present. Half was paid by my parents the other half by me. I didn’t show it but I was sad, I wanted to cry, pictures of my friends, family and other things like, my music was all in the sd card. I prayed all my information was still intact.

“It’s broken?” Amber came up 

“Yup” I showed her the phone

“ouch that had to hurt and this phone isn’t cheap either.”

“I guess I’ll replace it tomorrow” sighing I put the broken phone in my purse

“Aaron can I see your phone.” He handed me his phone. I input my number and saved it.

“Here’s my number. Call me some time tomorrow so I can save your number”

“Cool” in one quick motion he took a picture. I was about to protest

“Eliani-shi” JR came forward, I frowned.

“Aniyo shi. Eliani or Noona” I wrinkled my nose in disgust making others laugh.

“Eliani noona, please allow Ren to replace your phone”

“Aniyo!” Ren looked ticked “I didn’t break her phone and knocking her down wasn’t my fault.” Again shocked silence filled the room. Aaron actually face palmed. Before anything or anyone could explode I stood up.

“I need three strong men” I giggled at the confused expressions and raised eyebrows.

“I brought a surprise for today and had then delivered earlier, but it’s too heavy for me to carry myself” Minho, Henry and Eunhyuk volunteered.