A not so Happy SHINee

Moving to SMtown (sequel to SMtown Disney)

 

March –a week after the beginning of the semester.

 “Ugh the director is completely ignoring what we want to represent in this song.” Key whined

“Its like he think we are rookies or something.”

                 I looked to the others, Jjong nodded agreeing with the lovable diva but at the same time ignoring him  as he was writing what looked like lyrics on a napkin.  Onew was devouring a sundae, Taemin was playing with his milkshake subtly blowing bubbles. Minho wasn't there.

“Come on Key it can’t be that bad.”

“Not that bad. They want use wear togas. ”. I choked

“Really” I croaked in disbelief.

“Hyung don’t lie to Noona” Taemin said a pout on his face.

“Okay okay there was no togas but the ideas are just as bad.”

“Well, what do you want in this Video?  What’s the song about anyway?”

“The song is about liking this girl but she doesn't see you.”

“I know the feeling.” I stab at my smoothie. They don't say anything probably not knowing how to answer. they didn't even know what I was talking about.

“So what so you guys want in the MV?”. They think about it and

 “Happy  Colors” says Key

“A Pretty Girl ” says Jjong

“Nice dance moves and no pink” Taemin says Onew is still eating so he writes down his request, Taemin reads it

“I want a café scene with real food.”

“Sooo, you guys have no idea.”  They pause, look at each other

“Yup” says Key.  I seriously wanted to face palm but I realized if I actually do that I would do that a lot and be killing much needed brain cells.

“Here Bunny  listen to this ” Jonghyun said handing me his ipod. 

“This is the wrought recording. Were thinking about adding more electro or acoustic song but the tempo is nice, and the lyrics are staying.” I put in the headphones and listen, he was right it wasn't a refined version at all. It was like listening to EXO’s leaked version of Wolf (don’t judge I bet you all heard it to and thought OMG… and not the good kind.)  It’s an upbeat song nice bass, but the lyrics are pure ballad. When I listened to it I didn't hear SHINee’s sound yet but it was close. I listened to it again.

“You know maybe add a wind instrument or string, to give it a melancholy undertone? And maybe an electric guitar… I don’t know it’s just off, missing something…” I was talking to them but I wasn't , I was in my head not paying attention to them but yet I was talking to them.  I began to write  down topics.

‘cupid, ghost (I crossed that almost immediately … seen that done that.)  real life.’ The song ends and I play it one more time.

I begin writing a story line on a napkin.

‘Opens with a boy dropping a coin in a wishing well. (is wishing for his crush to like him.)  he walks away SHINee appears  (cupids. NO PINK) to make his wish come true. (but viewers don’t know this)

DANCE

Boy walks into a café and enters the Girl. Waitress takes his order but doesn't show interest. SHINee appears in different cloths ‘civilian’ cloths and begin talking to GIRL. BOY gets Jealous and walks out.

DANCE

We see SHINee buying gifts  and leaving them at the GIRL’s door step. (SHINee close-ups) She opens it and smiles. Each one is in the hall she looks but cannot see them (in cupid outfit = invisible )

DANCE

SHINee ambushes BOY dress him for a date. drag him to the GIRL’s front door  gives him a rose with a card (viewers have enough time to read the card. “I love you”) . Push the door bell and leave.

DANCE

Door opens it the Girl, she is smiling. She grabs the rose and smells it. They close the door and leave.  Walking past SHINee (which they can’t see they are in the original clothing. invisible).  SHINee looking smug disappear the way they came.

Close ups

DANCE ends.

Viewers see all the gifts with the same card the Rose then appears with card .”   

I stop writing and look up and realize that the boys are done. And looking at me in awe . I also realize the song has started playing again.

“Is everything ok?”

“Okay, Sweetie you were out of it you didn't even hear Onew asking for your smoothie?” Key says. I look at said smoothie and sure enough its empty.

“Jinki!?”

“What it was melting!”

“Your buying me one when we leave.” I humph. As I handed Jjong’s ipod back.

“I like it. But I can’t wait to hear the done version.”

“What were you writing?” Taemin asks trying to look at the napkin. I covered it with my hand but then realized that it was in English and he couldn't read it.  I let my guard down for one second and he snatches it away. One thing I forget is that they read all the fan letters.

“Noona this is really good. ”

“Minnie let me see.” Key grabbed the napkin. I grab and miss, Almighty Key is too fast. He begins to read.  I’m blushing I know I am. It was an idea it was never meant to be read.

“Eliani . This is really good” Key looked it over as Jjong read over his shoulder. Onew looked interested not decided to observer then make a grab for the napkin.

“Sign it.” Key put the napkin in front of me but didn't let it go.  I signed it; like I was hypnotized. Key then put it in his jacket pocket. Looking satisfied with himself . Sulking, Onew takes me and buys me another smoothie. My alarm rings.

“Guys I got to get going  I have class.”  They each said goodbye in their own way. Taemin squeezing me,  Jonghyun messing up my hair, Onew giving me a lite shoulder hug and key gives me a hug.

“Bye sweetie, see you soon?”

“If your schedule doesn't change, again.” Key pouts and goes for my  hair.

“Don’t even think about it Kibum. ”  I back away and waved goodbye

It wasn't until  I was on the bus I realized that I didn't have my smoothie.

“Jinki” I whinned and blushed when the other passengers looked at me oddly.