Unexpected Gift

Moving to SMtown (sequel to SMtown Disney)

 

 Today was my first day of work but I needed to save my phone or resurrect it.  I had hoped my phone would survive after a while but it was truly dead.  I will deny this if asked but I would die with out my phone.  I was about to leave when there was a knock at my door.  It was 9 am . I thanked god that I was in cloths and not my PJs.

                It was a shock, NU’EST’s manager well I assume it was their manager she was the one who had picked them up yesterday. She looked a little young though. I bowed and said hello formally.

“Hello , is this Miss Eliani's residence?”

“Yes, can I help you?”

“I was told to deliver this to you.” She  handed me a lavender gift box  with an explosion of ribbons on top.

“Oh ?? Thank you.” I grabbed the box gently . then she bowed to leave.

“Wait would you like some coffee.” She thought about it for a second then , walked into my apartment.

“What a beautiful apartment.” The main floor was now clean and most of the things set up the bedroom / office was a mess and full of boxes.

  “Thank you.” I walked to the kitchen and poured her a cup of coffee. I couldn't have coffee because my condition maybe a cup a week, I usually just make a small amount of coffee in the morning to have the smell in the air. I was a coffeeholic before ….

 I grabbed a blue berry muffin that had made the day before yesterday and handed it to her.

After a few seconds of hesitation she takes it.

“This is delicious. Did you make it?”

“Yeah I bake when I’m bored” alsp the pnly cooking im good at.

“You can open it if you want.” Startled I realized that my fingers were playing with the ribbons.

“I promise I won’t tell … to tell you the truth I was Surprised that Ren gave me something. Usually the others give me gifts to bring to their girls.”

“Ren? Girls?! Oh no I swear we are not in a relationship, but its weird though I thought he didn't like me.”

“Really you guys aren't doing out?” She didn't look convinced. “This is the first time Ren has asked me to deliver a gift.”

“We just met yesterday, and he didn't even talk to me.”

She began looking thoughtful.

“Well you  might as well open it and see.” I made myself reach but then I chickened out

“Are you their manager?”

“Who me?” she looked surprised “No I’m one of their stylists. MinEun.”   Well that explained her age.

“Now stop stalling and open it.” Sigh I open the lavender box and break out into a smile.

“A phone?” MinEun said , on a blanket of purple cloth was a brand new Galaxy note II. in a brand new otter box. It was all white outer concussion gel overlay.  the plastic hard case was mirror  silver.

“Yesterday, Ren bumped into me, and the fall broke my phone .” I showed her my phone

“I was about to go and get a new one.”

“Well that explains it he was feeling guilty.” Min chuckled and put my phone on the counter. She looked at her watch. “I should get going.”

“Wait” I ran to my room and opened one of the boxes and pulled out a flat square black box, grabbed a hot pink ribbon, tape and card.

“Can you take him a thank you gift.”

“Sure, what is it .” she was looking at the box with a mix of anticipation and unease.

“Here take a look.” I pushed the box to her “let me write the card.”

“Oh its beautiful.” I looked up as I was  writing and couldn't help but smile. She was holding a  gold tin headband. The band its self had a slight wave. Along the middle of the band. Were gold studs and spines in an alternating pattern.

“You like it?”

“It’s beautiful” she looked it over and saw a makers mark.

“Who made it?”

“ It’s one of mine “

“You made this?”

“I had a jewelry class during undergrad. It never suited me. Do you think Ren will like it.”

“Oh yes of course.” She put it back in the box. I put the card in the box and tied the ribbon.

“Done , here MinEun-sshi. Thank You.”

“Its fine, this is my job description” she got up and began putting on her shoes.

“I wont be able to give it to him until later. Like around noon.”

“Oh okay thank you” I waved Min Eun off and left a short time after I needed to move all my information to the new phone . Then I had work.

 

Later that Day ~ 11:00pm

                “Good night Mr. Kim”

                “Good Night Eliani, Be careful on your way home.”

                “I will I promise.”

                “Call me when you get home, or I will not sleep.”

                 “Yes Ajusshi”

Surprisingly , well maybe not so surprising the subway was almost packed . almost all the seats were full. I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text message

[Hey Eliani this is Aaron] I was so happy to have my phone back. I thanked God and my lucky stars that all my information on my phone was not damaged. I had four messages from my mother and tons of texts from my friends, but this was the first time Aaron had texted me.

[hey Aaron you done for the day or just getting started?

[Finished . Sooo tired -_ -]

[LOL – U told Ren didn't u?]

[tell him what?]

[Aaron?]

[okay okay, I told him, but he pulled it out of me.]

[ I forgive U]

[Did MinEun give him my gift?]

[yup… he hasn't opened it yet. Hes been glaring / staring at it all day]  I had to laugh at that , Min had told him it was from me.

[LOL]  he didn't text back for a while  until I got out  of the train and into the station

[Beakho finally got tired of Ren’s  glaring and opened the box.]

[you made this?] a picture was attached.

[yeah in metal shop a couple of years age. It didn't really look right on me. I thought it would on Ren.]. It made me look like the statue of liberty. 

[does he like it?]

[not sure , he’s just holding it, looking thoughtful. ]

[LOL. Let  the little monster think it over. Get some rest] I unlocked my apartment

 [we’ll talk tomorrow]

[LOL. K talk to you tomorrow…… night]

[good night aaron.]

 

I called Mr. Kim and told him I was home. Feeling dirty and grimy. I would never get used to the polluted  city air. At home (in US) there was sand everywhere, it was a desert but you never felt this kind of dirty.

Clean in pajamas with thigh high socks I curl up on the couch and write. I've been working on my book for three years now.  I've never really been happy with it changing the plot and characters, my friends in the US have said I should just get it published but it never felt right.  My phone rang  playing  NU’EST’s  Beautiful Solo. It had to be Aaron. My phone system is simple for my family the ring tone is Owl city’s ‘Fireflies’.  For my US friends its ‘Call me Maybe’ by Carly Rea Jepson. For my idol friends it usually my favorite song on their albums. I answered the phone.

“Hello , Aaron?”

“Hey Eliani Sorry  for bothering you have you heard from Ren . ”

“No why what’s wrong?”

“Not sure, he was holding your present then he got up and walked out. We keep trying to call but he’s not answering.”

“I’ll keep an eye out do you want me to call the SM artists?”

“No we called all his friends they haven’t seen him. We thought he was going to your apartment because he took the headband.”

“okay if he shows up I’ll tell him to call.”

“K thanks Bunny .”

“Oyeh, that nick name still around? ”

“*Chuckle * seems that way Key hyung called you that when you left and we thought it fit. *yawn*”

“Dude go to bed I’ll call if the little monster calls.”

“Kay good night.”  

Thirty minutes later there was a knock at the door.

“Ren?! Thank god Aaron called your hyungs are worried.” Without a saying anything Ren walks in.