Chapter 7: Meeting The Boys

The 12 Guardians

(Please read the A/N, it's important regarding the next chapter and the chapters afterward.)

I groaned when the sunlight hit my eyes. I winced when I sat up with my head pounding, my brain felt like it was going to explode. I rubbed my eyes and slowly opened them, allowing them to adjust to the brightness of the room. My hands fell on the plush blue blanket. I looked around to take in my surroundings; there were two beds, two wardrobes, two doors, Kyungsoo- wait, Kyungsoo?

“You’re awake!” Kyungsoo said happily. “How do you feel?” He asked he felt my forehead. “Your fever’s gone; do you feel any pain anywhere?” Kyungsoo smiled at me.

I shook my head, “I’m fine.” I answered, ignoring the pounding of my head. Kyungsoo stared at me for a while, as if he knew I was lying.

“Are you hungry? I have some leftovers from lunch.” Kyungsoo offered. I opened my mouth to refuse, but my stomach spoke before I could say anything. Kyungsoo and I stared at my stomach then looked back at each other. A smile slowly crept up his face while I bit my lip. “HAHAHAHAHAHA!” We laughed in unison. “I’ll bring you some food, just wait here.” Kyungsoo managed to say as he left the room. I nodded even though he was already gone and I continued to look around the room. I wonder who else lives here. What happened? I winced and grabbed my head again when I tried to remember the events yesterday and I dreamt about. All I could see were flashes of white, the figure of a woman, and I felt a throbbing in my side. Only one name occupied my mind- Felix. My eyebrows furrowed. Felix? Who’s that? I didn’t notice the dip in the bed until Kyungsoo called me again. “Haneul?” I blinked in surprise and looked at him.

“Hmm?”

“Food. Sorry, it’s leftovers from earlier today.” Kyungsoo placed a tray with a very large bowl of congee in my lap.

“It’s fine, but Kyungsoo… isn’t this a bit too much.” I asked.

He thought for a while then shook his head, “I don’t think so, I mean, you’ve been out for 4 days.” He said nonchalantly.

My eyes almost popped out, “4 DAYS?” He nodded. “What happened to me?” I asked him.

He frowned slightly, “I’ll get back to you on that. Now eat.” He urged me. I took scooped some congee and let it slide into my mouth.

“Mmm! This is so good Kyungsoo!” I praised as I shoveled it into my mouth.

He grinned, “Thanks, I made it with Lay hyung.” The large-eyed male said proudly.

“Lay hyung? Does he live here with you?” I asked as I ate more congee.

“Well, yes he lives with me.  But he doesn’t share this room with me.” Kyungsoo replied moving some things around the room. I nodded. I opened my mouth to say something but I jumped in surprise when the door slammed open.

“D.O hyung! Is she awake?!” A familiar voice exclaimed. Strange, that sounds just like- “NOONA!” Long, slender arms tackled me into strangling hug. I flinched slightly when the still hot congee spilled onto me, the bed, and the floor; the oxygen in my lungs was squeezed out. “Noona! I’m so happy you’re okay! Do you know how scared I was when D.O hyung come in with you dying in his arms?” Sehun rambled and nuzzled his face into my neck. I could see Kyungsoo facepalming out of the corner of my eye.

“Wait DIED? I ALMOST DIED?” I yelled. “Kyungsoo, what happened to me four days ago?” I asked Kyungsoo. He looked at me as if I caught him doing something bad then he was out the door. An “Ooof” and a loud thud soon followed.

“Aish, watch where you’re going hyung!” Kai yelled down the hallway and walked into the room.

“Ah! Kai! Annyeong!” I greeted him.

He smiled gently, “Anneyong, Haneul. How are you feeling? Did Kyungsoo feed you?” Kai approached and felt my forehead. Then his face contorted and he looked at his feet, he stepped in the congee that spilled. “What am I stepping on?” Kai asked.

“Ah! Mianhe, it was congee I was eating.” I said guiltily. I almost forgot Sehun was with me until he nuzzled into my neck again.

“Yah, maknae, I bet you made Haneul spill the congee!” Kai scolded Sehun.

“I-I didn’t mean to! Sorry Hyung, sorry Noona.” Sehun said apologetically with his head low.

I smiled and pat his head lovingly, “It’s alright Sehun-ah.” Sehun beamed, gave me one more squeeze, and then ran out of the bedroom.

“YAH! Come back here and clean up the mess!” Kai yelled.

“I can clean it up Kai! It was my food.” I said.

Kai shook his head, “Andwe, you’re the guest and patient. You just sit there arasso?” He said sternly. I pouted and nodded slightly. He smiled and ruffled my hair before leaving the room. I was playing with my hands when another boy entered.

“Knock knock!” They said playfully while lightly knocking on the wall. My head snapped up at the sound of the voice.

“Luhan oppa!” I exclaimed. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Why, I live here silly! How’s my Haneul doing?” Luhan asked and felt my forehead.

“What is with all of you and feeling my forehead? You’re the third person to do it to me.” I pouted.

He laughed, “Mianhe, I just wanted to check your temperature. You had a very bad fever last night.” He said and gently pat my head then noticed the state I was in.

“Aigoo, what happened? You’re covered in congee!” Luhan said in a surprised manner.

“I spilled the congee Kyungsoo gave me when I got surprised. I’ll clean it up, do you have any rags?” I asked as I made my way out of the bed.

“ANDWE!” Luhan shouted and pushed me back in bed. “Someone made you spill it didn’t they?” Luhan said. I looked away. “Haneul. Who did it?” Luhan urged.

“No one did it.” I answered.

“It was Sehun wasn’t it? I could hear him screaming about you from the kitchen.” Luhan said. I nodded guiltily.

“SEHUN! WHERE ARE YOU?” He yelled.

“He’s right here Luhan hyung.” Kai said, dragging Sehun in by his ear.

“Hyung! That HURTS!” Sehun shouted and slapped Kai’s hand away. Kai clicked his tongue.

“Sehun clean this up. Kai, show Haneul where the bathroom is so that she can wash up. I’ll get some clothes.” Luhan said and left to do his task. Sehun grumbled to himself and left to get cleaning supplies. Kai helped me out of bed and led me to the 2nd door in the room.

“Call me if you need anything okay? There are towels in the cabinet and I’ll bring your clothes when you’re done.” Kai said and left me in the bathroom. I locked the door and pulled off the shorts and oversized t-shirt I didn’t realize I was wearing. I blushed realizing that one of them changed my clothes. I the shower and let the hot water roll down my body. Once I was clean I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. I hid my body behind the wall and opened the door enough to stick my head out. Kai was sitting on the other bed in the room, “Done?” Kai asked and I nodded in reply. He walked up to me and handed me a handful of clothes. I took the clothes then shut the door to get dressed. I pulled on a large pair of sweats and a wife beater then I stepped out of the bathroom with the dirty clothes. Kai took the clothes and put it in the hamper and looked back at me. “Are you cold?” He asked.

I shivered, “A little bit.” I said honestly. Kai nodded and handed me a hoodie.

“Here. It should keep you warm.” I slipped it on, pulled the hood down, then exposed only my fingers to the cold air and looked at Kai. He chuckled when we made eye contact.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re so tiny and cute.” Kai ruffled my hair. “Come on, let’s go where everybody is.” He said and led me out of the room. I blushed and followed him to the living room. Surprise took over me when I saw 11 other boys, having seen all but two in the last few weeks. There was the guy I bumped into at school in his friend, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Luhan, the guy with the dimples, the guy with the nice smile, and the guys I saw the morning I found Ahjumma and Ahjussi. I frowned into the sweater, Ahjumma, Ahjussi, I miss you. “Haneul?” Kai’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up at Kai. “Are you okay?”

I nodded, “Sorry, I was just thinking.” I said in a slight daze.

“That’s right! They’re gone aren’t they?” Luhan said softly when he figured out what you were thinking about. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my head and pull me to their chest.

“It’ll get better Noona, I promise.” Sehun said and gave me a light squeeze. My arms s around his waist as few tears slipped out of my eyes and I nuzzled into his chest. When he felt my arms loosed, he wiped my tears and beamed brightly at me. “Smile Noona! I’m sure Ahjussi and Ahjumma are sad that you’re sad!” I smiled back at him and nodded.

“I think it’s time you met the rest of the boys Haneul.” Luhan said and called everyone over.

“Guys, this is Haneul, Haneul, meet the boys.” I stared at the large amount of boys in the house.

The boy with a nice smile stepped up and smiled at me, “Annyeonghaseyo Haneul-ssi! My name is Joonmyun, but you can call me Suho.” He bowed.

The tall boy I bumped into stepped up, “Annyeong Haneul! My name is Chanyeol!” He boomed. I jumped at his volume and the tone of his voice, it was way deeper than I expected.

One of the scary tall guys stepped up, “Hey, my name’s Kris.” He simply said and went to sit on the couch with Suho and Chanyeol.

“Annyeong Haneul! My name is Baekhyun, I hope we can be friends.” Baekhyun said happily and grinned at me.

“You already know my name’s Kyungsoo Haneul, but I go by D.O too.” Kyungsoo said and went to talk to Kai.

“The name’s Jongdae, but you can call me Chen. It’s nice to meet you Haneul.” He smiled kindly, I smiled back.

“A-annyeong, my name is Tao.” Tao said nervously.

I smiled brightly at Tao, “Annyeong Tao!” I said and waved. He smiled and waved shyly back. I giggled, for someone that’s tall and intimidating; he’s acting just like a little kid.

“Hi Haneul! My name is Minseok, but I go by Xiumin!” He said excitedly. I smiled and nodded.

“My name is Yixing, but Lay will do.” Lay said quietly and smiled. I smiled back.

“So there you go! You’ve officially met all of the boys Haneul!” Luhan said.

“Oppa, how old is everyone if you’re four years older than me?” I asked Luhan.

“Well, Xiumin and Kris are my age,” I gasped when I heard Xiumin was four years older. “Lay and Suho are the same age, Baekhyun, Chen, and Chanyeol are the same age, D.O and Tao are the same age, Kai is a few months older than you, and you already know Sehun is younger than you.”

“SO CALL US OPPA OKAY?” Xiumin said excitedly.

I laughed, “Okay, Xiumin Oppa.” I beamed, I’ve never smiled this much ever since the accident.

“So cute!!” Tao exclaimed and pulled me into a suffocating hug. His actions shocked me. He hastily let me go and muttered ‘sorry’ while covering his blushing face. I smiled and hugged his waist.

“It’s okay Tao oppa! It’s just been a really long time since I last hugged someone.” I said remembering the last hug I got was from my father. Tao eagerly hugged me back.

“No fair, I want to hug Noona too!” Sehun pulled me away from Tao and hugged me while pouting. I was passed from Sehun, to Tao, back to Sehun, and back to Tao.

“Okay, I think it’s my turn now.” Chanyeol playfully took me away and hugged me. I blushed at the contact.

“Yah, Hyung.” Tao and Sehun whined. I noticed D.O looking at me, which reminded me what I wanted to ask him before.

“D.O oppa? Can you tell me now?” I called to D.O

“Hmm? Tell you what?” D.O asked, forgetting what we were talking about in the bedroom.

“What happened before I came?” I said, expecting an answer. D.O hesitated to answer, and then looked at the other boys. I looked around as well and noticed that they all had a troubled expression etched on the faces.

“Haneul, I think you better sit down for this,” Kris said monotonously.

 


Okay, let me state my business before I complain about my terrible chapter. I need some sort of name for the group Felix (if you forgot, please read the end of chapter 5) will be leading as well as a name for everyone of Haneul's homeworld, I would use Exotics, but I'll be using that for something a little different. Please comment below because my mind is blank and I'd really like it if you contributed a little bit into this! :)

Now, about the chapter. I know, it was a tad boring, but I think it'll even out for the crazyness Haneul will go through in the next chappie. I think this is where I'll say my goodbyes for a while since I'll be busy over the next few days and will be unable to update. I'm afraid the next update could be as soon as this week, or as late as my next break from school, which is like 3 or 4 weeks. I hope you guys can wait that long. >.< OTL