Chapter 2: The Boy and the Note

The 12 Guardians

(A/N: I forgot to tell you, italics are what's she's thinking! Bold is just for emphasis. ^__^)

I opened my eyes and sat up looking around blindly. Everything was blurry.

“Haneul!” I heard two of my most favorite voices say.

I looked to the left and saw their worried faces as my vision cleared.

“Where am I?” I asked groggily.

“Nurses office, you fainted in the bathroom.” Dong Hoon told me.

I nodded when the past events flooded my mind.

“What happened?” Woo Joo asked.

“I don’t know, I was washing my hands when my head started to hurt, and then the room started to spin.” I said, purposely leaving out the new voice in my head.

Dong Hoon narrowed his eyes suspiciously while Woo Joo nodded his head, believing me.

“What time is it? Can I go now?” I asked the pair.

“School just ended and the nurse said you can go when you wake up.” Dong Hoon said and Woo Joo gave me my bag.

“I put my notes and a list of the homework in the bag.” Woo Joo told me.

“Komawo Woo Joo.” I said, putting the straps of the bag on my shoulders.

“Kaja.” Dong Hoon said and lead us out of the nurse’s office.

“Ah! Wait! I have to check my locker.” I said and ran to my locker.

I stopped when I saw two boys standing in front of it, one much taller than the other. My thoughts took me back to the two boys I ran into on my way to the bathroom. I noticed they were looking around to make sure no one was looking before the shorter one pushed the taller one forward and they hastily left the building. I went to my locker and opened it. One slip of dark red paper slipped out of the locker. I picked it up, about to open it.

“What’s that? Another love letter?” Woo Joo asked.

“Maybe…” I said, it doesn’t seem like a letter, and I’ve never received paper as red as this, I put it into my bag to read later.

“Let’s go home then?” Dong Hoon asked.

“Yeah.” I muttered and we left the building together.


“Bye Joo!” I said and waved goodbye to Woo Joo as Dong Hoon and I left Woo Joo.

“Haneul, can I ask you something?” Dong Hoon asked me.

“Of course.” Haneul said.

“Will you answer it honestly no matter what kind of question.” Dong Hoon asked.

“I will.”

“Do you swear?”

“I swear.” I nodded in approval.

“Arasso…” Dong Hoon said.

“What’s the-” “What are you hiding from me and Woo Joo?” Dong Hoon blurted out, cutting me off.

“Bwoh?” I asked, my hands getting clammy.

“There’s something you’re not telling us Haneul.” Dong Hoon stated.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said, trying to change the topic.

“Cut the crap Haneul. I’m not Woo Joo and I’ve known you longer; I know you’re lying when I see it.”Dong Hoon snapped.

I remained silent. I can’t tell him. He’ll think I’m a freak.

Dong Hoon stopped and turned to me, grabbed my shoulders and forced me to face him. He looked me right in the eye, “You can tell me Haneul.” He said sincerely.

My eyes started to water but I held back the tears, “I can’t. I really want to, but I don’t want to lose you or Joo.” I said looking away, trying to hide my tears.

He pulled me in for a hug; the smell of his cologne almost made me forget my problems, almost. “I’m not going anywhere. I promise. What happened Haneul? What scares you so much?” He whispered in my ear, begging for me to tell him.

“Everything scares me Dong Hoon.” I said shakily. Then I pulled away and wiped my tears away. “Kaja, we’re going to be late for work.” I said then pulled him toward Ahjussi’s shop.

*Bell Chimes*

“Welcome! Ah! Dong Hoon and Haneul! It’s been so long! I’ll prepare your food okay?” Ahjumma said.

“Ahjumma it’s been so long! Are you feeling better? Annyeong Ahjussi!” I said as I entered the kitchen to help Ahjumma make our food and greeted Ahjussi who greeted back.

“I’m fine. It was just the flu.” Ahjumma said laughing it off.

“Arasso.” I laughed with her and continued to stir the contents of the pan.

“Ahjumma. Is it okay if I leave early today? I have some other work to do.” Dong Hoon came in.

“Oh, it’s fine, today’s a bit slow, I don’t think I’ll need either of you today. Do you have modeling work Dong Hoon?” Ahjumma asked Dong Hoon.

I forgot to mention. Dong Hoon is an ulzzang. That’s why he gets so much attention from the girls at school. Woo Joo is one too.

“Ah! Ahjumma I have to go grocery shopping, I don’t think I’ll be able to stay until closing today.” I said guiltily.

“It’s alright, you can leave early today as well if you need to, I don’t want such a young and beautiful girl like you to be walking around too late when it’s dark out.” Ahjumma said kindly.

“Kamsahamnida Ahjumma.” I said, my cheeks flushed from the compliment.

“It’s almost done, go sit with Dong Hoon, I can handle the rest.” Ahjumma said then took my place at the stove.

When she set the plates in front of us, we thanked her and dug in. After, we pulled out our homework and did it together before Dong Hoon left and I went to go change into my work clothes. I merely sat and waited for customers to come. I went to my bag and grabbed the bundle of papers and letters from my locker. As I was reading one, the bell chimed.

I looked up and saw two extremely attractive men. Four guys in one day! I guess that it’s been a good one!

“Welcome! A table for two?” I asked enthusiastically.

“Neh.” The blonde one said and smiled at me.

“Feel free to sit anywhere then! I’ll take your order in a moment.” I smiled and handed them menus when they chose a table. I left the table and went into the kitchen for a couple of minutes, giving them time to choose what they wanted. I went out with a note pad.

“Are you guys ready? I could give you more time if you’d like.” I asked.

“Ani, we’re ready.” The one with light brown hair replied shyly.

“Neh, can I start off with drinks?” I asked both of them.

“I’ll have Chocolate bubble tea!” The one with light brown hair said excitedly.

“Arasso!” I said with just as much excitement. “And for you sir?” I asked the blonde one.

“I’ll have Taro bubble tea please.” He replied calmly but with a kind tone.

“And what would you like to eat?” I asked both of them.

“Ddeokbokki.” They said at the same time.

“Okay!” I’ll get your drinks and your ddeokbokki will be done soon.” I said and left to tell ahjussi the order and make their drinks.

Princess.” I heard the voice again. It was quiet, but it sounded real. I took a deep breath and finished pouring the bubble tea into cups then placing them on a tray. I took them out.

“Okay, here is your bubble tea. Is there anything else I can get for you?” I beamed at them. They smiled back.

“Excuse me for asking, but you look a little young to be working.” The blonde one said.

“Ah neh, I only work part time. I’m still going to school.” I answered.

“Ahhh.” They said simultaneously and nodded.

“Are you two brothers?” I asked politely, afraid of asking a question too personal.

They shared a look. “Ani, but we’ve known each other long enough to be,” the one with light brown hair say.

“Ohh.”

*Ding*

“Oh! Your ddeokbokki is done!” I said and went to get it. I brought it back in no time and left them to eat peacefully. I returned to my seat and continued to read the letter.  I know you don’t feel the same way as I do, but I’m happy with you knowing how I feel about you. Kamsahamnida for reading this letter… if you read it. Aigoo, what a sweet boy. My shift’s almost over. I looked over to the boys finishing up their food. I’ll go after they leave then. In minutes, they came to me in front of the cashier and paid for their food and drinks.

“Kamsahamnida for the delicious food.” They said as they were leaving.

“No, the pleasure is mine! Thank you for coming, please come again!” I said and bowed as they left.

I went to their table and took their dishes to Ahjumma to wash. I returned to the table to wipe it off. Then my mind decided to play even more tricks on me. It was as if I was in someone else’s body this time, and they were in the shop. I saw myself wiping the table then ran toward it with a speed and strength as if I were to attack me and I heard the voice chanting princess yet again. I gasped and looked in the direction “I” would’ve been coming from, but nothing was there. My breath became shallow and I looked around for anything that could be threatening. But the shop was empty, like it had been most of the day. I finished wiping the table and went back to the kitchen.

“Ahjumma, Ahjussi, I’ll be leaving now.” I said as I headed back to the employee room to change back to my uniform and grab my bag. On my way out I grabbed the letters and put them back into the backpack.


I need eggs, some meat, vegetables, juice, and milk. I pushed the cart around.

“Hyung! Can we get this?” I heard someone say.

“No! We’re only getting what we need, not what you want Yixing!” I heard another man say.

I looked saw two boys slightly arguing on what to buy while walking my in my direction. I chuckled and they both heard me. One immediately bowed and apologized several times while the other one smiled and rubbed his neck. How cute! He has a dimple.

I continued shopping after passing by them. All that’s left now is fruits and vegetables. I heard their voices again.

“Hyung! This is on sale! Can we get this?” I looked to the left and saw them once again pushing their cart in my direction.

The one that apologized stared at it for a while, then sighed, “Okay, put it in.”

“Yes! Thanks hyung!” The one with dimples said ecstatically.

The other one smiled sweetly. What a nice smile.

I looked away and put some apples into the cart when I noticed that he saw me staring. I finished getting all of the groceries and left the grocery store before it got too dark. I felt someone grab the groceries from one of my hands. I looked to the person, ready to yell at them for taking them.

“Dong Hoon! I thought you were someone trying to steal my groceries.” I said and released a sigh of relief.

“Pabo. Who would steal groceries when they could steal something better?” Dong Hoon raised one of his brows.

I smiled cheekily and shrugged. “What are you doing here anyway.”

“What does it look like? I’m helping you.” He said.

“Why?” I questioned.

He shrugged, “I have nothing else to do, and knowing you, you’d get more than you need.”

“You’re right, my arms were getting tired.” I laughed heartily.

We walked in silence. “Dong Hoon?” I said, looking at Dong Hoon, only, he wasn’t there.

I looked around, I was in a stone room. I heard the sound of something that was like metal hitting metal, like a chain. I looked and gasped. The little boy from this morning was sitting there, chained to the wall and floor. The boy looked into my eyes and moved his mouth, but nothing came out. Then the door opened and someone came in and beat the boy. He never broke eye contact. My hands covered my mouth and tears filled my eyes. I couldn’t move, more like my body wouldn’t let me. Once his eyes closed, the man that beat him turned around. I sharply took a breath, it was the man from the forest where that man was speared. (A/N: If you forgot, it was in the prologue. ^_^)

“You’re next princess,” the man smiled sinisterly, the only thing I could see on his face was his smile, the rest was covered in darkness.

 The room around me disappeared and the familiar streets of Seoul replaced it.

“Haneul! Haneul!” Dong Hoon was yelling, shaking my shoulders.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. “Dong Hoon…” I said, my voice quivered, my lips trembled.

“What’s wrong?” He said urgently, searching through all the fear in my eyes for an answer.

“Nothing” I replied, looking at the floor.

“IT’S NOT NOTHING.” He yelled. I flinched. “Don’t think I can’t tell Haneul. You’re dying, in pain, suffering, scared.” He finished, barely audible.

I saw my tears falling to the ground. “I’m crazy Dong Hoon.” I replied.

“No you’re not.” Dong Hoon replied sternly.

“You don’t get it Dong Hoon.” I said tiredly.

“Then tell me so that I can understand.” He said, I could hear the desperation in his voice.

“I see weird things, things that you and everybody else don’t see.” I said.

“Bwoh? Like… ghosts?” He said confusedly.

“Ani, like another world kind of thing. Like medieval times in America kind of. There’s dungeons and fancy bedrooms and forests.” I replied.

“Okay. Maybe you are a little bit crazy then.” He said then picked up the groceries and started walking home again.

“YAH! Lee Dong Hoon! You were supposed to tell me I’m not crazy.” I said and chased him.

“Why should I? You clearly are.” He replied, sticking his tongue out at me.

“But. But. But that’s how it goes in the books and stuff.” I whined and pouted.

“Those romance books? Haneul, I love you, but not like that. I’ve known you for WAY too long.” He laughed.

“Yeah, I would NEVER like you like that. Eww.” I said jokingly.

“Ew? Yah! Girls love this face.” He said cockily.

“Uhhuh keep telling yourself that.” I said and ran before Dong Hoon could get me.

“YAH! LEE HANEUL GET BACK HERE!” He yelled and chased after me. I laughed and quickened my pace; his long legs would get to me in no time. I stopped in front of the house and waited for Dong Hoon to catch up. “For one *pant* small *pant* girl, you are freaking fast.” He said.

“I know.” I said proudly.

He smiled and ruffled my hair. I glared and tried to fix it, though it didn’t look any better. He handed me the bags in his hand.

“I’m gonna go now. Sweet dreams you little psycho.” He said and walked further down the street.

I stuck my tongue out at him even though he couldn’t see it. “Put your tongue back into your mouth.” He called to me. My eyes widened, How did he know?

I entered the house and put the groceries away before going into my room, dropping my bag and lying down on the bed. I stared at the ceiling for a while thinking back to that little boy. What was he trying to tell me?

I looked around and noticed something red in my backpack, Oh yeah! The red note! I got up and grabbed it. I regret reading the note. Everything down to the core of my being trembled in fear. Who would’ve thought three words could scare someone so much.

They’re coming, Princess.

Then I noticed something a bit under the note. My heart stopped. Then I realized that was what the boy was trying to tell me this whole time. When I went to read it again, the words were gone.

Help us Princess. Save me.

 


Annyeong!! I hope this update satisfies you! I had fun looking for the pictures. They're too cute! >////< Well, this is half of Exo! The other half will be with you shortly. Remember! Comment! Subscribe! And tell your friends! :) 

What members do you want to see next? I'm pretty sure you don't need this list, but I'll tell you anyway! :D

There's, Kai, D.O, Tao, Kris, Chen, and Xiumin! Comment if you wanna see any of these people first ! Oh! And I'm going to be adding them in by their most shipped pairing, so it would be like KaiSoo, TaoRis, and ChenMin! I changed my mind, hahah, I'm just gonna throw them in randomly but do comment if you want them to come in a certain way! :)

I'm not sure when I'll update next, but please be patient and don't unsubscribe this story!! >.< I'm already so happy that I have 7 subscribers with just 3 chapters. Thank You so much!! OTL