Chapter 5: Saviours

The 12 Guardians

“U-Uncle,” I stuttered, my hands trembled, I looked to two doors, the door to my room, and the front door. He’s drunk. I need to get away NOW. I cursed silently in my head; my room and the front door are just about equally apart from each other. Front door it is. I took a giant step toward the door but recoiled half a second later. A scream erupted from my mouth as I tried to pry my hair out of Uncle’s fingers.

“Where have you been huh? YOU SHOULD BE AT HOME BEING USEFUL.” Uncle yelled and threw me to the floor. I groaned and stood up, but Uncle’s slap knocked me back down. Then the front door opened, and in walked Auntie. I cried out when he kicked me hard in the stomach. “You’re a nuisance! I bet you were busy ing those boys just now.” I gasped and tears filled my eyes when I thought I was done crying today I reached out toward Auntie, pleading with my eyes.

 “I bet your parents are happy now that they’re dead. They don’t have to live with such a useless and disgraceful girl like you. Everyone else would be better off with you dead.” Auntie smirked before walking off and letting Uncle continue to beat me. I lay there quietly, taking every hit Uncle sent me. I am a disgrace. I’m useless. I’m better off dead. Those words repeated in my head. My body was numb, I was in so much pain. I didn’t even notice that Uncle eventually got bored and left me to rot on the living room floor. I slowly sat up, ignoring my body’s protest of moving. I can’t stay here anymore. I leaned on the wall and walked to my room. I grabbed a duffle bag and put as much clothes into it. I grabbed another bag to put all of my photos and mementos that bag. I put the straps of the heavy bags onto my aching shoulders and grabbed my school bag before walking out of the house without bothering to leave a note.  They’ll be grateful when they can’t find me in the morning. I made my way toward Dong Hoon’s house.

“Annyeong, Princess.” My slow steps stopped. Dread filled me again. There were no headaches, no dizziness. I slowly turned around. I wanted to scream, but nothing would come out so my mouth hung open. The cloaked figure in my dreams stood in front of me. A dagger in his hand reflected the moonlight as he approached me. “Poor, poor princess. Your Auntie and Uncle don’t like you do they.” The man spoke as if he was talking to a child. “Let me end your misery.” The cloaked man lunged at me and managed to scrape my arm just as I dodged. I stumbled as he swung the knife at my head, blood slid down my left cheek. “You can’t dodge forever,” The man hissed and tackled me to the ground and straddled me. “Any last words princess?” He asked, the dagger hovering over my chest.

“Why are you calling me princess?” I could tell my question surprised him. I took that moment of hesitation to shove him off and try to run away.  His arm wrapped around my neck and he pulled me to him, choking me.

“How sad. No one told you who you really were, not even your little guardians.” He hissed in my ear.

“Guardians? Who the hell are you? Who are these guardians?” I choked out.

“They’ve been with you all along. You were just too ignorant to see it.” My eyes widened as he lifted the dagger and pulled it back swiftly lodging the blade in my abdomen. “Call me Felix.” He said and dropped me. I fell on my side, careful not to add pressure to the dagger. I shivered slightly, the night got really cold. Mist slowly surrounded us and the ground rumbled. “Speak of the devil.” Felix said before jumping back, if he hadn’t, he would’ve been struck by a bolt of lightning. “Unfortunately, your little guardians made it this time. Next time you won’t be so lucky. I’ll take my leave now.” His figure faded in the mist.

I could feel the blood pouring out of my body. Blood traveled up my throat and I coughed it out. I heard hasty steps towards me. “Haneul! Haneul! Are you okay?” I felt someone put my head on their lap, but I couldn’t tell who it was, but it sounded like Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo? Is that you?” I groaned.

“D.O, we need to take her to Lay.” A deep voice said.

“I know Xiumin hyung!” I felt him lift my body, his muscles rippled under my back and legs as he stood up.

I groaned in pain, lights were starting to dance before my eyes. “She’s losing it!” I heard another voice say.

“! Stay with me Haneul! Don’t close your eyes. Chen Hyung! Xiumin Hyung!  Grab he bags, I’m taking her home.” Kyungsoo  yelled as he started running somewhere. “Hang on Haneul, we’re almost there.” Kyungsoo muttered to me every time my eyes started to shut. I just before I succumbed to the darkness, I heard something like banging on a door. Then the door swung open and light brightened my eyelids. I heard shouts surround me before I lost consciousness.

 


I've finally updated!! I know it's extremely short, I wasn't sure what I was gonna write. So far, my plan hasn't been working, I've been quite tired lately so I unfortunately wasn't able to write. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter and forgive me for putting in some curse words in. If you guys want, I could make this chapter rated M, but since it was only a few, I didn't feel the need to do so. Sooo, Comment! Subscribe!! Upvote! Anything is welcome and gladly accepted. ^___^