Chapter 6: The Woman

The 12 Guardians

“How is she?” My hand twitched.

“I’ve ~~~~” Fatigue took over me again.


I opened my eyes. “Where am I?” I looked around the bright white room.

“Where do you think you are?” I turned to face the owner of the unknown voice that strangely brought comforting and nostalgic feelings from within me. I haven’t had this feeling in a long time.

“I’m dreaming aren’t I?” I blurted out without thinking. The woman before me smiled angelically. She was beautiful. Her brown hair cascaded in curls down to her waist, her dark eyes sparkled, and her face free of stress and wrinkles and her pale skin had a slight glow. “Who are you?” I asked.

“You’ll find out soon enough” She replied softly, I could feel something coming from her voice… longing?

“Why am I here?” I asked curiously.

“You’re a special girl. You’re not from this world.” She said proudly.

I gave her a blank stare then burst out laughing. “Hahaha! You’re funny! Where am I from then? Another world with princes and princesses and magic?”  I joked.

“Exactly.” She replied. I stopped laughing and stared at her as if she was crazy.

“Your joking right?” I asked. She shook her head. “You’re lying.  There’s no such thing as another world.” I protested.

“Then how did you know this was a dream?” She questioned. I opened and closed my mouth repeatedly.

“I don’t know! If this isn’t a dream, then I must be dead or something!” I yelled and sat facing away from her in frustration.

She chuckled. “You grew up so well Haneul.” She said lovingly. My eyes widened, and I turned to look at her.

“How do you know my name?” I asked, my eyes narrowed while I examined her intently.

She shrugged, “You’ll find out soon enough.” She said mysteriously. I rolled my eyes and turned away again.

“I still don’t believe you.” I stated and crossed my arms.

“You see things right?” I didn’t say anything and she took my silence as a sign to continue. “You see… houses, towns, forests. You dream of people you’ve never seen before clad in clothing that humans would call ‘weird’.” I heard her light footsteps getting closer. “You hear a dark voice in your head calling you princess.” She whispered in my ear. My hands shook, she was spot on.

“H-how did you know?” I asked warily.

“I’ve been watching you. I saw everything.” She replied. I nodded hesitantly. An awkward silence filled the area around us.

“Why am I here?” I asked after a while. Her eyes widened in realization.

“I almost forgot!” She replied and smiled. I waited patiently. The silence dragged on.

“Well?” I said expectantly, “What is it?”

“Oh. OH! Right, sorry.” She laughed. “As you know, you’re not part of the human world.” I scoffed in disbelief, she ignored my interruption. “The world you’re originally from is called-”

“JUST get on with it already.” I ran my hand through my hair to calm down.

She sighed. “The Tree of Life is dying. You need to restore its power before they drain the Tree of Life of everything it’s got. ”

“What’s the Tree of Life? Who’s going to drain the tree of life? I’m doing this alone!?” I asked, I didn’t notice that she was fading away. “Wait! Where are you going?!” I reached out to her fading figure.

“The guardians! Find your guardians! You’ll know everything then! Goodbye, my little sky.” She said before disappearing entirely. Something twisted inside me. Her words echoed in my head. “Goodbye, my little sky,” where have I heard that before? The floor under me collapsed and I screamed as I literally fell into the darkness.

 


Aigoo~~!! Another short chappie!! Mian!! I just really wanted to put this in before she wakes up. >_< Forgive me ne? I'm working on the next chapter now but it will be much longer like it used to be. Also! I'm sorry I haven't been able to update until now! School was just overwhelming and I'm still adjusting since I've barely made friends and such. You've waited a long time and then you come just to see barely anything of a chapter. >.< Well, off the the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as well as love the next! ^__^