Jessica + Past

With the Twins [Hiatus]

“Jessie, is Yuwree coming home late again?” Krystal asked as they walked home. When they were not in the kindergarten, the Krystal would call Jessica Jessie, while Yoong would call her Sica.

“Yuwree promised to be the monster today” Yoong pouted as he swings the hand holding Jessica’s.

“I’m sure Yuri didn’t mean to, but you know she is working. It’s not that she doesn’t want to be with you, so be a good boy and a good girl and wait for her at home, ok” Jessica comforted the twins knowing how attached they were to their guardian.

When the twins’ father disappeared, they were only but a years old. Yuri was still jumping from bar to bar, bed to bed. When she received the call from her brother at the hospital, it was the first time she heard him sound so broken.

Yunho promised to pick the kids up after the funeral, but he never return. He didn’t even turn up for the funeral. He just disappeared after the call. No one knows where he went, or if he would even come back.

It was a struggle for Yuri to take care of the kids. She had no responsibility. Being the market’s youngest and most talented lawyer, she never had to worry much. But when the twins came about, she had to worry about rolling in bed, because she might crush them in her sleep. She had to worry about the water being too hot or too cold for them to bath in. She had to worry about who was to take care of them once her leave was over.

The authorities actually wanted to put the twins in the foster system, but having just suddenly losing their parents, Yuri couldn’t bear the thought of the twins having to be separated into different foster homes. She signed for guardianship over the children and re-arrange her life. Lucky for her, her boss was a father of twins himself, and understood what Yuri was going through. He gave Yuri a guaranteed off-day every Sunday, and at least once a year a 2-weeks undisturbed vacation for her to take care of the twins.

But those were not enough. Kids between the ages of 0-3 needed a lot of hands-on care, and Yuri was not very experienced in it. Her parents had a very hands-off approach towards them in her childhood. Her father only required good grades, if you did get good grades good for you, get out of my sight; if you didn’t get good grades, you are a disgrace to the family, clean up your act, I don’t want to see a failure in the family. Her mother was a very docile woman, but she was also very sickly. As much as she wanted to take care of the kids, she was either resting in bed, or hooked up to an IV drip in the hospital. It was a miracle that she was even able to bring two children to the world. The most care and support Yuri ever received was from her brother, but he was gone, and he left behind a big baggage.

When the twins finally reached 2 and half years old, they could finally be place in a kindergarten, and boy was that a relief for Yuri. She no longer had to entrust them to the elderly lady that lived next door. It was also at this kindergarten that the trio met Jessica.

Since Jessica was never present at the kindergarten in the morning, and at night she has already returned to the orphanage, Yuri never got to meet her. She only heard from Krystal that Jessica was very pwetty, had a beau-riful voice, and that she want to grow up to be as pwetty as Jessica. Straight quotes from Krystal herself. As for Yoong, well let’s just say that it wasn’t a very good first impression. When he first met Jessica, he just got into his first fight with Sooyoung over a sandwich. Man, did they get punished. Because of their fight, they managed to turn the classroom into a war zone. Food was strewn everywhere, little gravy hand-prints on the table and chairs, kids crying, kids vomiting. Yoong was so afraid of Jessica that he cried every time he had to go to school for 2 weeks, and that was after he finally got used to the idea of kindergarten.

When Yuri finally met Jessica, it was at a parent’s day event, where parents would come into the classroom and see what the kids were doing in school. Yuri came late because she had to clear up some last minute work for the firm, and when she entered the kindergarten, she bumped into Jessica who was carrying a tray full of drinks for the parents. They got soaked, and Yuri got scolded by Yoong for causing trouble. Yuri spent the day bowing to Jessica every time their eyes met. At the end of the day, Jessica found out that Yuri was looking for someone to look after the twins when she was working late, and Jessica volunteered in exchange for some pocket money.

Since that day, they became like a team. In the morning Yuri would bring the twins to school, at night Jessica would bring the twins home, feed and change them, and if needed, put them to bed. Jessica would also cook dinner and prepare a bath for Yuri while waiting for her to come home. She would make the twins practice their ABCs, while she does her homework.

At work, after her co-workers found out about Yuri’s super baby-sitter, they began teasing Yuri about finally finding a wife and settling down. Yuri always said that there was a 10 year gap between them, and that it was impossible, but she never once said that she wasn’t interested, causing the co-workers to even more, calling her a pedo.

Yuri couldn’t deny that Jessica was a beauty, and if and only if Jessica was slightly older, she would even try her luck with her. But for Yuri the limit for the was 7-years, plus or minus. It just didn’t feel right to date someone so much older or younger.

In the 3 years spent together, Yuri knows the twins every quirk and mannerism. When Yoong starts to bite his lower lips and lowers his upper body a little, it means he has to pee. When Krystal starts to have only one double eye-lid, it means that she is about to get a fever. Although the twins don’t understand why their father and mother are absent, they still love to hang out with “Yuwree”, and would often try to stay up on nights when Yuri has to come home late.

After taking a bath, and changed into their pyjamas, the twins were doing their ABCs again.

Yoong's PJ

Krystal's PJ

“I’m home!! Argh~~” Yuri shouted from the door, as she slumped onto the floor in front of the entrance.

“Yuwree! Yuwree!” The twins jotted up and ran to the door. Krystal squat down to pat Yuri’s head, while Yoong jumped onto her back.

“Yuwree! You promised to be the monster today, I’m already in my Ultraman suit! Come on! Become a monster!” Yoong whined as he stand up on Yuri’s back.

“Ugh~~ Yoong that’s the spot! Now go slightly down and stand on my lower back” Yuri said as she enjoyed the unintended massage Yoong was giving.

“Here?” Yoong said as he walked slightly down Yuri’s back.

“Krystal too!” Krystal stood on up and start a little stationary march on Yuri’s back.

As the twins enjoyed the game of walking on Yuri’s back, Jessica popped out from the living room and giggled at the sight that greeted her; Yuri on the floor, with the twins marching on her back.

“Come on kids and old lady. Yuri-unnie, the floor is dirty, get up, I prepared a warm bath and diner for you, its your favourite Kimchi Jiggae”

The kids got down, and Yuri picked them up as they walked into the living room. Jessica picked up Yuri’s forgotten brief case and followed them in.

After Yuri finished her bath and ate her dinner, sharing some with the ever hungry Yoong, she sat down and on the TV. Krystal scrambled onto her lap, afraid that Yoong would steal her spot.

Yuri's PJ

“Yuwree!! You promised! Be a monster!” Yoong pouted as he tried to pull Yuri up. When Yuri was about to decline Yoong, she received a glare from Jessica who was doing her homework. Jessica hates people who break their promises, even the smallest one, like pretending to be a monster for a 4 year old.

Yuri gave a sigh, and picked Krystal up as she stood up.

“Rawr!!! I am a big black monster about to eat this little girl up!” Yuri roared before she blew a raspberry against Krystal’s belly. Krystal giggled and tried to get away from Yuri but couldn’t then she started to shout “Yoong!! Save Krystal!!”

“Ultraman to the rescue!!!” Yoong shouted as he raised one hand up and raced towards Yuri who was holding his sister captive. He gave a few light punches against Yuri’s stomach, and Yuri pretended to keel over in pain. She slowly placed Krystal down then stood up.

“Rawr who is this man disturbing my meal, I shall teach you a lesson!” Yuri picked Yoong up and laid him on the floor and started tickling him. Yoong laughed and tried to get Yuri’s hand away from him.

“Ultraman beam!!” Yoong shouted as he puts his hands into a cross shape and aimed at Yuri.

“Ugh!!! Nooooooo~~~~” Yuri slowly shrank and ended up ‘dead’ on the floor.

“Yeah!! Yoong you killed the monster!!!” Krystal squealed as she jumped. Yoong put his hands on his hips and puffed up his chest.

All the while Jessica was giggling at the trio’s antics. She loved seeing Yuri playing with the kids. She has seen Yuri serious at work, and that was charismatic, but she still love the kkab-Yul, that plays with the twins the best.

When the twins finally tire themselves out, Yuri tucked them into bed and kissed their forehead. Jessica was also packing up her stuff, and preparing to go home.

“You really don’t have to walk me home, it’s only a 10 minutes walk, and besides you are tired” even after 1 and half years, the both of them never fail to have the same conversation every night when its time for Jessica to go home.

“It’s late, and it’s not safe for you to go home alone. Besides its only 20 minutes of rest, I will exchange that for your safety” Yuri said as she checked that she had the keys before closing the door. Because she was looking down the entire time, she didn't see Jessica blush at her comment.

On the way home they talked about Sooyoung’s bacon story and the twin’s progress in school. Even when they were not talking there was a comfortable silence that surrounds them.

“Thanks for walking me home, have a good night rest, see you tomorrow” Jessica bowed before she slowly walked into the orphanage

“Sweet dreams! Or even better, dream of me!” Yuri replied before she walked back home.

“Why did I say that? Was I flirting with her? Get yourself together Yuri! She’s 17! Still in High school! Ugh! The stupid guys at work planted stupid ideas into this stupid head” Yuri hit her head as she strolled back home. And boy was it a sight at 11pm at night, a lone woman in a monkey pyjamas, with the hood up, hitting her head, then picking up her tail to twirl it while she strolled back home, occasionally skipping and whistling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A longer chapter since I already have 22 subs, and people were asking for yulsic moment

I'm not sure if the moment was clear enough, since I'm awkward writing stuff like that

haha, Ciao~~~~