New Neighbour

With the Twins [Hiatus]

A few weeks past after the outing, and life went on as per usual, but the old lady that lived beside them had to move away as she needed the fresh air only the village could provide. Yoong and Krystal cried, as the old lady always make cookies for them, and when she braids Krystal’s hair, it doesn’t hurts like when Yuri does it. The twins were in a slum for about 3 days, but as kids usually do, they got over it quickly. Currently the house next to them was vacant, but Yuri heard from the landlord, a new tenant was moving in at the end of the week, and warned her about the possible dust that might be involved, so it would be better for the twins to spent their time outside while the new tenant moves in.

 

 Perplexed about what to do with the twins, Yuri consulted Jessica who suggested a carnival that was happening in town that week. Afraid that she might lose the twins in the crowd, Yuri requested for Jessica to follow along, which she agreed to.

 

That day, the twins wore light clothing, and were more than excited to go to the carnival.

 

“I’m going to eat a lot of corndogs, and candy floss, and then I will play the shooting game and win lots and lots of toys back!” Yoong excitedly said as he sat in front of Yuri, who was busy tying Krystal’s hair.

 

“Ooowww! Yuwree!! It hurts!” Krystal whined as she tried to stop Yuri from tying her hair.

 

“If I don’t tie it tight it will come out, then you will get candy floss in your hair again like the other time!” Yuri tried to reason as she avoided Krystal’s hands.

 

“Can we play catch-a-goldfish, Yuwree? I promise I will take good care of it this time!” Yoong said with puppy eyes and his hands clasp together.

 

“No, the other time you said that, the goldfish died 3 days later because you forgot to feed it. And the goldfish they have there don’t live very long either, I’m not going to listen to you cry again when I have to flush another goldfish down the toilet” Yuri said as she continues to try and tie the wiggling Krystal’s hair. “Stop moving Krystal! You are making it worst!”

 

“But it hurts!!” Krystal says.

 

“Guys! I’m here” Jessica voice echoed down the hall. “I’ll get Jessie to tie it” Krystal said as she scrambled out of Yuri’s grip and take a rubber band to run to her saviour.

 

“Jessie!! Help me tie my hair! Yuwree is hurting me!” Krystal whined as she lifted the rubber band up, with her hair all messy.

 

“I thought Yuri unnie has long hair? Why does it hurt?” Jessica said as she led Krystal back into the living room where a pouting Yuri sat with her arms folded.

 

“I can’t tie people’s hair, especially not when they are wiggling about!” Yuri mehronged at Krystal who returned the favour.

 

“Yuwree! Can I bring Ultraman Gaia along?” Yoong said as he returned with the figurine in hand.

 

“No, you will lose it, just like you did with Ultraman Zero. Put it back” Yuri said as she got up from the floor to go get a drink of water.

 

“That’s because you didn’t want to hold it for me when I was eating my corndog,” Yoong grumbled as he walked back to put his figurine in his box.

 

“I’m sorry? Did I hear something?” Yuri asked turning back to face Yoong.

 

“I love you!” Yoong shouted as he dash into the toy room.

 

When finally everyone was done, they walked to the carnival ground.

 

“Yoong! Krystal!” Sooyoung shouted as he waved his hands. After hearing about the carnival from Yoong, Sooyoung also asked his mother to bring him along, which his doting mother did.

 

“Good afternoon Mrs Choi, I’m Yuri, the twins guardian” Yuri bowed to the older lady who smiled and bowed back.

 

“Good afternoon, I’m Victoria, this Shikshin Jr’s mother” Victoria smiled back as she place her hand on Sooyoung’s head. Hearing his nickname at home, Sooyoung puffed his chest up and said “I’m Shikshin Jr! And daddy is Shikshin Sr!”

 

“Yuwree, Aunty makes the best kimbab I’ve ever eaten!” Yoong said as he held Jessica’s hand

 

“Yeah, and she makes little animal cookies for everyone in school to share!” Krystal added in.

 

“Oh so, all, those bottles of cookies were from you? They are very delicious, and the kids love it! Thank you very much” Jessica bowed to Victoria.

 

V: “You are?”

 

J: “I’m Jessica Jung, I help out at the Kindergarten, and I’m also the twin’s babysitter”

 

V: “Oh so you are the pretty girl with beautiful voice but scary eyes my son been talking about”

 

“Mom!” Sooyoung blushed as he tried to pull his mother away from Jessica before she further embarrasses him.

 

The kids had a lot of fun in the carnival, and although Yoong couldn’t get a gold fish, he got a water balloon instead. Finally the group reached the shooting game booth, and the twins were more than excited.

 

YN: “I want that Ultraman coin pouch!”

 

K: “I want Hello Kitty water bottle!”

 

S: “Can I get the Hotdog toy, mommy?”

 

Each kid tried their luck, but due to their height, 5 shots were just not enough to get the toy they wanted. When they finished their last shot, they all had sulky faces and a pout on their lips.

 

“Ok, come on, time for the master to take the stage” Yuri said as she picked up each kid one by one to put on the booth table. “Ahjushi! One try for me please, and prepare to lose all the toys the kids want” she grinned as she pass a 500won coin to the old man.

 

After successfully getting the three toys for the kids, Yuri confidence was off the charts then she turned to Jessica and asked, “Sica! Pick one, I’ll get it for you!”

 

J: “It’s ok! Get one for yourself! I’m fine”

 

YR: “Awww come on, my house has enough toys with the twins around, and this booth doesn’t have Mickey, so pick one!”

 

As Jessica look down with a blush, Victoria saw the sad look on Yuri’s face and decided to help Yuri out.

 

V: “Why don’t you get that husky dog plushie for Jessica-ssi, I’m sure she would like it”

 

“Would you Sica?” Yuri asked as she turned her attention to Jessica again. Jessica looked up and saw the plushie Victoria was talking about and nodded before looking down again to hide her blush, which had already spread to her ears.

 

“Alright! Look at me ok?” Yuri grinned as she turned her attention back to the game. She aims properly but she missed. Jessica, who saw the miss bites her lower lips and stared at the husky, willing it to get hit by the cork-bullet. Frustrated, Yuri tried again, this time her tongue came out of , and she put her full attention onto the target.

 

She press the trigger, and she hits the husky! Yuri jumped up holding the gun in one hand and pointed at the husky with another, “Sica, look! I got the husky!!!” She grinned widely as she jumped up and down. Jessica who saw the husky got hit also squealed and clap her hands together.

 

“Here you go young lady, no more games for you, I will go bankrupt” the booth owner said as he passes the husky to Yuri.

 

With a blush on their cheeks, Yuri took the husky and passes it to Jessica. “Here, take good care of it ok?” Jessica shyly nodded as she accepted the toy.

 

Looking at the scene, Victoria shook her head and thought to herself, “Young love, *sigh* so sweet. If only darling was here”

 

They stayed at the carnival until it was time for the fireworks display.

 

YN: “Get ready! It’s going to go bang!!!”

 

S: “I know, I’ve seen before, it’s like BANG!!!”

 

Krystal who was scared of the fireworks due to the previous time she was here raised her hands up with teary eyes for Yuri to pick her up. “Yuwree, Krys scared”

 

Yuri picked her up and let her snuggle into the crook of her neck. She turned her head to look at Jessica who had the husky in her arms, and saw that she was shivering a little.

 

“Sica are you ok?”

 

“I’m fine” Jessica replied curtly as she tightened her hold on the toy.

 

*BANG**BANG**BANG**BANG**BANG**BANG**BANG*

 

The fireworks exploded in the sky. The two boys held hands and stare at the sky, trying their best not to jump when the fireworks explode.

 

Jessica jumped then she ran to Yuri to hold onto the arm that was not holding Krystal.

 

Startled by the sudden touched, Yuri turned her head down to look at Jessica who was hiding her head behind her arm. She smiled at Jessica’s cuteness and wrapped her free hand around Jessica’s shoulder.

 

“Hey, open your eyes, look. The fireworks are beautiful” Yuri softly whispered to Jessica who had her eyes tightly closed. Jessica slowly opened her eyes and peeked at the sky, and the view that greeted her was magnificent.

Suddenly she thought about the time when her mother took her to the carnival, and she was afraid of the fireworks.

 

Flashback

 

“Sica-yah, if you always close your eyes and refuse to look, you will miss out the most beautiful view you will only see once in a lifetime” her mother softly coaxed her as she hide her face in the crook of her mother’s neck.

 

The 3 year old Jessica slowly opened her eyes and look at her mother who smiled at her.

 

“Some things don’t happen twice, if you miss it, you might regret it, so look at the sky my baby. Umma will be here to protect you from all the bad things. Nothing will hurt you with Umma here” Her mother whispered as she kiss Jessica’s forehead.

 

Flashback end

 

“Umma...” Jessica whispered as she looked at the firework. Without realising what she was doing, she rested her head on Yuri’s shoulder, and a lone tear slide down her cheek onto Yuri’s shirt.

 

Feeling a sudden warmth on her shoulder, Yuri looked down to see Jessica with a small smile on her face. She blushed at Jessica’s beauty, which were highlighted by the exploding lights that decorated the sky. She cleared and quickly turned her head back to look at the sky, occasionally turning her eyeball to look at Jessica again.

 

“Did you see me Sica! I didn’t jump at all during the firework, I’m brave like Ultraman right?” Yoong asked as he skipped beside Jessica while holding her hand. Jessica smiled and said “Yes, you were so brave Yoong,” before bending down to kiss his crown. Yoong grinned then continue skipping on.

 

Yuri who was carrying the already sleeping Krystal pouted “I didn’t jump too, why I don’t get a kiss?”

 

When they reached the orphanage, both adults looked down and blush, neither knew how to say goodbye after the fireworks display.

 

“Erm, thank you for tonight, and the husky, I’ll take good care of it” Jessica said as she bowed.

 

“I should be the one to thank you for coming with us on your weekend, erm goodnight?” Yuri said as she scratched the nape of her neck.

 

“Goodnight” Jessica bowed again then squat down to Yoong’s height “Good night Yoong, my brave boy” she said as she kiss his forehead.

 

“Good night Sica!” Yoong kiss her cheek before waving.

 

“ *sigh* why I don’t get a good night kiss too?” Yuri mumbled as they watch Jessica walk into the building.

 

When the trio reached home, Yuri quickly bath Krystal then tuck her into bed, while Yoong went to watch TV as Yuri tried to do some work. Suddenly the door bell rang, and Yuri ran to the door. Curious, Yoong followed as well.

 

“Hi! We are your new neighbours! Please take care of us!!”

 

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

 “Tae?!”

“Hyunnie!!!”

"Urf!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh, another yulsic moment

The new neighbours are here, so get ready for more madness at the kindergarten and in the adult's life.

The plushie Yuri got Jessica

Ciao~~~

P.S my school starts tommorrow, FML so I probably won't be able to update much starting this week, 
sorry for ending with such a cliff-hanger (>.<")