A little morbid thought

With the Twins [Hiatus]

It was a Saturday, and at the Kwon house were two 4 year olds coloring in a color book, a 17 year old doing homework, and a 27 year old typing up a storm on her computer. 

"Ugh!! Stupid divorcees, if you don't like each other so much why get married? Giving me so much paper work with all the settlements. If you want to separate, separate! Why go through so much tedious step?! She wants 20%, give her 20%! He wants the dog, give him the freaking dog! And then just give me my money!!!" Yuri kept mumbling to herself as she typed.

"The day I feared has finally come, Yuwree has gone cray-cray, Sica save her!!!" Yoong looked at Jessica with a pout.

"Cray-cray? What's that? I don't want Yuwree to go cray-cray." Krystal started to get teary eyes as she hugged Jessica. Jessica smiled at the cuteness of Krystal and lightly flicked Yuri's forehead.

"Yah, unnie you are scaring the twins, stop talking to yourself." Jessica said as she broke Yuri out of her thoughts.

"And besides, no one expects a relationship to go downhill when you are just dating. When you date everything is good, at the very most you'll only spent a week or two with your partner during a vacation or such, and you don't really experience what's like living together. Once you live together, that's when love is tested. Is your love deep enough to look over the few quirks your spouse has. 
Can you look over the fact that he has to fart every morning. Can you look over the fact that she always ends up overcooking the chicken. Can you look over the fact that your life-partner is pressing the wrong part of the toothpaste, and you'll have to live with that the rest of your life, till you are old and grey. It's such consideration that people madly in love don't usually consider and that's why they get a divorce. 
The couple you are dealing with is lucky that they don't have a child. I've seen so many children coming into the orphanage not because that have no one to care for them, but because no one wants to. I feel that is worse than a parent dying. Your parents are still alive, but they don't want you, their own flesh and blood" Jessica's voice became a whisper at the last sentence, tears beaming by the side of her eyes.

Yuri was shocked by the sudden morbid Jessica, and didn't know what to say. The twins also couldn't quite understand the situation but kind of understood the part about "parents being alive but not wanting to look after the child". They started to sniffle, then broke into a full on wailing as they ran to Yuri and bury their heads into her shirt. 

"Yuwree won't throw us away right? Yoong will be good boy and take care of Krystal, Yoong will also eat his vegetable, so don't throw us away."

"Krys will also be good girl, Krys will eat cucumber and will also stop being a crybaby, so please don't don't want us"

Yuri looked at the twins and felt an ache in her heart. For the first time since she realize her brother ran away, she felt anger towards him again. Not because he left her with the twins, but because he left the twins behind without thinking about them at all. No letter, no postcard, nothing. She hugged the twins tightly and whispered to them that she would never let them go, that she would take care of them, and that she would always be there for them. 

When she looked up, she saw Jessica also with teary eyes, then she remembered hearing that even though her mother died, her father is apparently still alive, and the authorities even managed to get in contact with him, but he refuses to see her, as she was his teenage mistake. Jessica never met her father before, she even refuses to know his name She just doesn't want to have anything to do with the man that left her mother behind when her mother was alone, or ignored her when she needed help the most.

Yuri made eye contact with Jessica and opened her arms to beckon Jessica into her embrace.

Jessica hesitated at first, but she slowly crawled over to join the twins in Yuri's embrace. In the living room sat three people, each with their own hard childhood. Although two of them were only 4, they experienced what no child should ever experience. The 17 year old experienced rejection from her own supposed family members, while the 27 year old didn't had the best childhood growing up. 

As the twins fall asleep due to exhaustion from crying, Yuri and Jessica tucked them into their respective mattresses. 

A silence fell onto the two, not knowing what to say to each other after what just happened. 

"Sorry for the sudden morbid speech. I must have scared both Yoong and Stallie, I didn't mean to, it was just the thought came to mind when I heard what you said I'm sorry"

"Don't apologise it was my fault for being inconsiderate. Hey, what about an outing tomorrow? Get rid of this undesirable atmosphere. It's been awhile since the twins met up with our friends from our old address, and I'm sure they miss them. The playground we usually meet up at is about 5 stations away, but the place is fabulous, what do you say? You can bring a friend along so that it wouldn't feel so awkward. There will another 4 year old there, so it will be fun." Yuri didn't know why, but she just felt that she had to bring Jessica along no matter what.

Jessica considered for a while, and then sent a message to her best friend to ask if she was free tomorrow. After getting the affirmative from her friend, and nodding to Yuri who was about to turn into a statue staring at Jessica with puppy eyes. Yuri whooped and then fell onto the ground laughing. Jessica giggled at her act and started thinking about what to pack for lunch tomorrow.