Second

Revelation

          Jenni slowly made her way down the halls of the school toward the exit. It was the end of the day and everyone were either going home or staying for after school activities. Like the boys who had basketball practice. Which left Jenni to alone. But instead of going home she walked over to the near by playground to wait for them.

          She made her way over to the swings and sat down, slowly pushing herself back and forth with her right foot. The air was warm with a cool breeze blowing through. It wasn’t cold enough to need a jacket yet but she knew by the time the boys finished, the night air would be chilly. She sighed and scolded herself for not wanting to bring a jacket. Jimin had even told her to bring one before they left for school, but she didn’t think she would need one. Now Oppas gonna rub it in about how he was right,she thought to herself.

          The park she was at was empty with only a few people passing by now and then. Jenni glanced around slowly but froze when she spotted a man across the street from the park. He was wearing a long black trench coat with a matching black fedora on his head. And he seemed to be staring at Jenni.

          That’s strange..is he really staring at me? She questioned as she stared back at the stranger who was unmoving. There was barely anyone around at the moment, but why would he be looking at me?Do I know him? Jenni continued to stare back at the man and for awhile it went on like that. The both of them just looking at each other almost as if they were having a staring contest.

          “Boo!” Jenni jumped on the swing as she looked up to make eye contact with the new presence next to her. “ Oh Seokjin Oppa. What are you doing here?” Seokjin sat down on the swing next to Jenni and sighed before replying, “I do go to school right next to you guys, remember?”

          “I know that Oppa, but I thought you would have left to go home already,” Jenni said as she glanced back across the street to see that the man was gone. “Oh! Oppa did you see the man in black across the street?” Seokjin looked from Jenni to the store across the street and back to Jenni again, “Ani.. What man?”

          “There was a man in a long black coat and hat across the street. Oppa I think he was watching me,” Jenni pouted. Seokjin stared at Jenni for a couple seconds before ruffling her hair and chuckling, “ of course he would stare at you Jen-jen. You’re the prettiest girl around here.”

          Jenni slapped his hand away before scowling, “Oppa! Stop lying to me.” She crossed her arms across her chest and stood up to leave. This only caused Seokjin to laugh even more. “Jen-jen wait for Oppa.”

          He ran up to her and threw his arms around her tiny shoulders. “Jenni-ah, I wouldn’t lie to you. Oppas not like that.” She slowly looked up to see him smiling down at her with that eye smile of his she would always admire secretly.  Seokjin stared back down at her with the same thoughts as yesterday invading his mind. He quickly stood up straight and inhaled, “ come on. I’ll walk you home.”

He wouldn’t admit it out loud but the man she had explained to him had scared and worried him a little. Truth was, he had seen him too. He forgot the other boys would start basketball practice today and Jenni would be left to walk home alone. From now on he would make sure she wouldn’t be by herself. He would have to tell the other boys about it too.

         

          Later on that evening the Park family sat at the table eating dinner while having the usual family conversation of what went on during their day. “ Coach said I’m getting better with my shots each day,” Jimin beamed proudly. “Thats good son, really good. Whens the next game,” their father asked with enthusiasm. “ Well the first game is in two weeks, all of you will be there right?”

          “Of course we will sweety,” their mother answered while patting Jimin on the hand. Jenni nodded her head in excitement, happy for her brother and how happy he seemed. “What about our Jen-jen hm? How was your day?” Their father asked. If there was one thing he always admired about his daughter, it was her trait of always being quiet. Unlike most little girls her age who were always talking. Either demanding attention or asking for something. No, his little angel was the ideal daughter. Both parents couldn’t be more proud of their children.

          “ My day was great also. I think I want to sign up for cheerleading so I can be with Oppa.” Her teacher had told them that there were positions open for new cheerleaders if anyone wanted to sign up and Jenni had immediately thought of Jimin. This way they could both leave at the same time. “No. You can’t. Abeoji you can’t let her,” Jimin quickly answered. “And why not?” Their mother questioned with a raised brow, “I think our Jen-jen would look pretty in a cheerleading uniform.” She exclaimed with an already far off look in her eyes. Imagining her daughter cheering most likely. Jenni kept nodding her head of with excitement at the new oppurtunity.

          “Oemma! Do you know how short their skirts are? Boys can easily look up there!” Jimin argued back on the topic of uniforms. “ And you know this how?” Their mother quickly retorted with her eyebrows almost reaching her hairline. Jimin quickly ducked down, his face the color of cherries. Their father could only chuckle,” If its what our Jenni wants then she can do it. And we’ll all be here supporting her,” he finished sternly with pointed eyes at Jimin.

          “ Yeah Jen-jen. If you want to do it then I’ll support you. Just be sure to cheer for Oppa the most ok?” Jimin smiled at his little sister. Jenni clapped her hands and agreed in a heartbeat, “yes! Of course I’m going to cheer for you the most Oppa. I can’t wait.”

          Both parents were pleased to see their children pursuing their own goals. The feeling of pride welling up inside of them even more. They exchanged eye contact with each other, each with the same thought as the other. We truly are blessed with wonderful children.

          After dinner Jenni sat on her bed thinking of what to do for the tryouts tomorrow. She knew one simple cheer but she wasn’t sure if that would be enough. And to be completely honest, she wasn’t very good at cart wheels or flips. With a groan she laid back in her bed. Ottoke?

          Clank! Clank! Jenni sat up abruptly as she heard something coming from her window. If it were the first time, she would have been scared, but she was already use to this familiar clinking that alerted her that someone was below her window. That someone being none other than Taehyung.

          She walked over to her window and opened it before sticking her head out a little, afraid of falling out. “Jenni-ah!? Come out and play with me,” Taehyung half whispered half yelled. Without replying, Jenni stuck her head back in and threw a jacket on before quietly sneaking out of her room.

          The chilly night air met her at the backdoor as she made her way out. Taehyung met her at the doors and grabbed onto her hand leading her through the dark like he did many times before already.

          Nearby there was an open field that was covered by the high grass surrounding it. Unless someone ventured deeper past the high green grass they wouldn’t be able to see the clearing. This was their special place. Just for the two of them.

          Taehyung pulled out a little black flashlight and lead the way through the grass that was somewhat dark till you reached the clearing. With the length of the grass is was a surprise and wonder that they were able to find the opening every time. With their fingers linked together, they slowly made they’re way through.

          Once out in the open where there was enough light illuminating from the streetlights, both kids laid back on the grass and gazed up at the stars. Their usually routine.

          “Guess what?” Jenni couldn’t wait to share her good news with Taehyung. “What is it?”

          “I’m going to try out for the cheerleading squad. Isn’t that great? Now I can be with you guys after school and cheer for you at your games,” Jenni was almost squealing with delight at the thought. But Taehyung had a different idea in mind. “ Your what?!”