Tenth

Revelation

 

 

"Oppa isn't this good? I'll get to go see all the places we've seen pictures of," Jenni mused happily. Already imagining all the pretty places. "Yah... How can you just leave us like that huh?!" Jungkook was the first to break and yell at Jenni making her flinch. " Auntie said I can comeback whenever I want. Don't worry Kookie I won't be gone for long," Jenni tried to explain as she took a few steps toward her best friend to comfort him.

Before she could get any closer though she heard a scoff. "And you believe her? You believe what anyone tells you huh?! Why are you so naive Jenni-ah?!!" Jimin couldn't hold back his anger that was mixed in with both pain and fear. Pain of having to watch he leave and fear of possibly never seeing her again. He felt like her already lost her while Taehyung and Jungkook felt like they were on the verge of losing her.

"Why are you yelling at me? Of course I believe her! She has no reason to lie," Jenni was trying hard to fight her tears from falling. "You don't know anything! Your just being stupid now! You wanna go? Fine then go! I wish you were never my sister!" Jimin yelled hurtful words before running off with tears streaming down his face.

At his last words Jenni dropped onto her knees and cried into her hands. Jungkook, who was just as angry as Jimin, debated on whether or not to comfort Jenni before deciding it was better to just walk away before he broke down into tears as well.

Jenni sobbed quietly into her hands until she felt arms wrap around her shoulders and she was pulled into warmth. The scent of the person told her who it was. Taehyung oppa...

Knowing he was here comforting her only made her cry even harder. He would definitely be one of the people she missed the most. Now that she was in his arms crying, she was starting to rethink going with Yuri.

She slowly wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his chest. Taehyung held her tighter before patting her back slowly," don't cry Jenni-ah. You know Jimin and Jungkook didn't mean to hurt you. We're all just scared we might lose you and never see you again." He tried to explain so she wouldn't be hurt anymore and understand.Truth was though, he was just as upset  and scared as the other two boys. But he couldn never hurt Jenni no matter how angry he was.

"Maybe I shouldn't go anymore," Jenni mummbled quietly. Taehyung wanted nothing more than to agree on the spot and keep her with him. But that would be to selfish of him and her knew that. He didn't want her to be held back from doing the things she wanted even if it hurt him to see her go. "Jenni don't let us stop you from doing what you want to do. It doesn't matter where you go, we'll always be here for you when you get back," he pulled away from her and smiled gently. Wiping her tears away carefully with his thumb.

"Oppa I'm so lucky to have you. Your a good friend," Jenni smiled back. "Even better than Jungkook?" Taehyung asked in a teasing tone. But before Jenni could answer, someone else did. "As if hyung! No ones better than me," Jenni and Taehyung looked to see Jungkook coming back through the gate with a tiny black box in his hand.

Jungkook sat down crossed leg next to Jenni while placing the little box on her lap. "It's a going away gift. I was going to wait til chistmas but...well you know," he couldn't bring himself to say that she was leaving.

Jenni carefully pulled the lid on the box open and peeked inside before opening it all the way to revea a thin gold chain with a tiny gold leaf hanging from it. Jenni gasped," Wow. Jungkook-ah where did you get this?" Both her and Taehyung  were shocked. The necklace wasn't spectacular but it was cute and fit Jenni perfectly.

"Don't worry about where I got it. I kept my promise," Jungkook leaned back and grinned proudly. "Yah! Seriously! How did you get that?" Taehyung asked with irritation. Jungkook shrugged and looked the other way but from the corner of his eye he could see Taehyung moving towards him with his fist raised.

Jungkook quickly backed away with his fist raised," ok ok! Mom helped me get it."

Taehyung and Jenni nodded their head in understanding. Mystery of the golden leaf necklace solved.

"Thank you Kookie. I love it, its really beautiful, " Jenni smiled as she brushed her finger over the leaf. Jungkook smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. "Your welcome Jen-jen. Just come back soon ok. Don't leaf me hanging... Ha ha! Get it? Leaf?" He started rolling on the grass laughing while clutching onto his stomach. Jenni and Taehyung laughed along and the tension eased a bit.

"Jenni come in now. You still have a lot of packing to do for our fligh tomorrow," Yuri called from the back door.

Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged knowing looks before standing up slowly. "Remember to come back soon Jen-jen ok?" Taehyung reminded her as he hugged her tight. Jenni could only nod. Afraid to speak in case her voice would crack and she broke down crying again.

Jungkook pulled her roughly out of Taehyung's arms," alright alright hyung sheesh! You act like this is goodbye." Jungkook scoffed. But his hug was much tighter then Taehyungs. " I'll see you later okay Jenni?" Jenni could only bury her face in his shoulder and nod. Jungkook pulled away slowly and walked backwards till he was out the gate. Even then they kept their eyes on each other. Taehyung had already ran home in fear of crying in front of the two.

"Jenni-ah... Promise you'll come back and I'll promise to be your best friend forever!" Jungkook yelled. Jenni giggled," you already are my best friend forever. But I promise."

The two shared one last smile before the wooden gate closed, seperating them.