Sixteenth

Revelation

Jenni found herself running as fast as she could as the wind caused her hair to whip against her face as her tears ran down her cheeks. She didn't know where she was going or what was going on around her. All she knew was that she wanted to run away. To a place where no one would find her.

It wasn't like anyone cared anyway. Everyone seemed to be leaving her as if she were an unwanted object you pick up at the store then put back. She just couldn't understand why everything was happening to her the way it was.

Jenni finally stopped at a park and sat down on the bench. The park was empty as the chilly wind continued to blow. She thought back to earlier and her eyes stung again as more tears poured out. 

 

Flashback

"Jenni we're not your parents," were the words that left Seulong's mouth. Hyorin looked at her husband as if to say how can you say that so bluntly. But Seulong didn't look at Hyorin or anyone. He could only stare down at his hands that were clenched together in his lap.

Hyorin knew it wasn't easy for her husband who loved Jenni as if she were his own. She could only imagine what Jenni was feeling now to hear such words.

Jenni felt as though her heart had stopped beating for a second. She didn't understand why the man who she knew as appa would tell her such a thing. If they weren't her parents, then who was? Where were they? 

Those were the thought's rushing through Jenni's head at the moment. She felt as though she wanted to know but she also didn't want to hear anymore of the things they had to tell her.

"Jenni-ah, we're so sorry to have kept this from you for so long. Miahn," Hyorin could barely speak above a whisper as she fought to hold back her tears. 

Yuri decided to cut in at that moment, " Jenni they aren't your parents but I am your oemma."

Jenni's head snapped toward Yuri who was smiling at her softly as if she had just told her good news. But for Jenni it was far from that. She didn't want to be sitting here listening to this. Her heart felt crushed and she didn't know how to take in everything.

She didn't understand why it took 12 long years for them to come clean to her. Wouldn't it have been better if they just didn't say anything. Why tell her now?

Jenni wouldn't find out till much later what Yuri's true intentions were. But for now Yuri went on to apologize and explain how much she wanted her child back. And now that was going to happen.

Throughout Yuri's sob speech, Jenni could only think of one question, " so you don't want me anymore?" 

All 3 adults were caught of guard with her question. They weren't expecting it. Hyorin could literally feel her heart breaking away into little pieces as she watched the pained look on Jenni's face. Seulong had to fight himself to not stand at that moment and throw Yuri out of his house. 

"Aniya Jenni! We just think it would be for the best if you came with me," Yuri tried to explain seeing as Hyorin and Seulong weren't bothering to answer.

Yuri tried to hold Jenni's hand but she immediately flinched away and jumped to her feet. Jenni looked between all 3 adults as she felt like everything around her was shaking, threatening to shatter at any second.

Before she knew it, Jenni was out the door running away.

 

End Flashback

 

Jenni was unaware that at that moment Namjoon was running all over Seoul looking for her.

Yuri had come home in a panic asking if Namjoon had seen her. But of course he hadn't since they left together to go to the Park's house. 

Namjoon stood up and made his way out, but before he left he stopped and threw a disgusted look toward Yuri, "I told you it wasn't the right time. If anything happens to her I promise you you'll regret it."

Yuri was shocked into silence at the boy's threatening words and scary demeanor. She had never seen that side of him and the only person to ever threaten her was her father, who Namjoon reminded her of. It completely left her immobile for a second as she watched him leave the house.

It didn't matter to Namjoon that he hadn't been to Seoul in years. He wasn't stupid and no matter what, he was determined to find Jenni and bring her home.

While running through the streets he bumped right into another kid around the same age as him. Around him were other guys that looked to be the same.  

They were all laughing and smiling as they walked down the streets, but that was before Namjoon ran into the black haired one. 

One of them got a good look at Namjoon's face before he ran off again. He couldn't help but wonder what had the tall boy in such a rush that he was bumping into people rudely without even bothering to apologize.

Namjoon ran and ran a lot that day. Occasionally asking people if they had seen Jenni as he struggled to explain how she looked. But of course no one had.

Pretty soon it was dark out and the streetlights were shinning, casting an eerie glow onto the streets. Namjoon could only hope Jenni was okay wherever she was as he continued to search.

Meanwhile back at the Park's residence, Jimin had just reached home. His attitude took a 360 turn as he walked through the front doors. 

He no longer found his home a home since Jenni had left. Now he felt as though the house was always cold and lacked happiness. His parents neither spoke much and Jimin himself couldn't stand to be near them for too long. In his mind they had lied about being a family and there was a possibility that they could lie about something else at any minute.

He didn't want anything to do with them. 

But a soon as he walked in he spotted both his parents sitting in the living room. His mother crying and his father staring of into space.

Jimin knew something was wrong because the last time he had seen them this devstated was when Jenni had left with Yuri. And just like that a light bulb went off in Jimin's head and he knew it had something to do with her.

He prayed silently in his head that she was okay as he made his way over to his parents. "Oemma, why are you crying?" Hyorin uncovered her eyes that were red a swollen, "Jenni... she ran out and we don't know where she's go-."

Hyorin hadn't even finished her sentence before Jimin was running back out the door. Just like Namjoon he ran around trying to find Jenni and thinking about all the places she could be.

As a last resort he called Taehyung and told him about losing Jenni, although he didn't tell him the full story. But it didn't matter to Taehyung why Jenni was missing. All that mattered was that she was back and she needed help. 

Taehyung and Jungkook both ran out to meet up with Jimin nearby. And just like that all 3 of them split to find Jenni, unaware of the fact that someone was doing the same thing not too far away.

Jenni on the other hand continued to sit at the park at she reminisced about the times she would come with the boys. But now that thought was changed into a bitter memory.

She didn't even notice how dark it had gotten or how cold it was. She was too lost in her thoughts. Trying her best to not let anymore tears fall from her eyes.

Something heavy was placed across her shoulders and engulfed her in warmth. Jenni quickly turned around to come face to face with the last person she ever thought she'd see.

"I told you I'd always be able to find you," the person said as he smiled brightly.

Jenni pouted as she tried to hold back the warm tears that sprung to her eyes. 

 

"Taehyung oppa."

 

She didn't have to say anymore than that for Taehyung to embrace her in a tight hug. And Jenni let him as she buried her face in his shoulder and let her tears fall.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Sorry Sorry For The Suuupppeeer Late Update!!

But if you're reading this author-nim is about to do some shame-less self promoting! Haha

Everyone please go check out my other AFFics! I have 2 other Bangtan fics and one Exo (^^)

Please do go check those out!

And on another note I'll be trying to add more to this before the new year comes around

I have a lot of ideas for this fic but I was caught up with some stuff so I apologize!

But there's more to come so please anticipate and be patient with me

Until then my loves!! <3 (^_^)