Twelfth-2nd Half

Revelation

Two Years Later

"Nini-ah! Your leaving soon," Jenni turned around to see her only friend since she got to America pouting. "Oppa I have to go back now. I haven't seen my family in two years remember," she tried explaining but it only caused Namjoon to pout even more. "I promise to come back and visit you soon ok?" This caused him to sigh before he nodded his head,"ok ok, I understand. Just promise you won't forget about me."

Jenni giggled before running up to hug him with her arms around his waist. He was only 15 but he was so much taller than her already. "I promise I won't. Besides how can I forget the only friend I made while I was out here?" She questioned in a teasing tone but it was also a serious one.

When Jenni had first arrived in America she didn't have any friends naturally considering its her first time here. And because she spoke and understood little english, it was hard for her to make any. But Namjoon was always there for her from the start.

He was Yuri's step-son and his father Junsu's only child. Yuri hadn't mentioned anything to Jenni about Namjoon so she was shocked when she first met him and Yuri introduced him as her son. But later on when it was just Jenni and Namjoon, he had explained to Jenni that he was only Yuri's step-son.

Over the time that Jenni spent in America with Yuri, her and Namjoon got closer to the point where they spent almost all their time together. "Nini, why do you have to go back anyways," Jenni knew why he was asking. Not only did Namjoon not want her to leave but he thought it would be better if she didn't.

Her "family" barely kept in touch with her while she was living in America and Namjoon knew this all too well. Besides the occasional phone call on holidays from Hyorin that was the only communication Jenni had from them.

Jenni didn't understand why it was like that but she always managed to come up with excuses or believe the ones Hyorin told her. But there were plenty of times that Namjoon had walked in on Jenni crying because she believed that no one back home missed her.

"I promised them I would go back soon," Jenni tried to explain again why she had to leave. 

If it were up to her she would bring Namjoon along and keep him with her always. Besides the other boys back home, Namjoon was the only other boy Jenni had ever spent time with and she had grown attached to him in more ways then one, and the same could be said about Namjoon on that last part...

Namjoon laid his head down on Jenni's lap and stared up at her pretty pale face that was, as usual, flawless. He thought back to the time when he first met her and remembered how he didn't want to have anything to do with her. He hated Yuri and he believed that the little girl she was bringing back with her would cause nothing but trouble.

But as time went on Jenni kept trying to befriend him and he finally cracked and let her into the walls that he had built up around his heart. Before Jenni had came along he had spent so much time alone or with his so called friends. Getting into trouble and doing things he knew he shouldn't. He had become somewhat of a bad boy. Even his father had given up hope on him and just left him alone unless it was necessary to actually be around him.

Jenni stared back down at Namjoon with a small smile on her face as she thought back on their memories too. She had been scared of him at first but after some time, she started to notice all the small nice things he would do for her when he thought she wasn't looking. It was hard at first trying to be his friend but she knew she had him when he stuck up for her at school when she was being bullied for her accent. It was after that incident that they started getting closer.

With Yuri and Junsu busy with work, Jenni and Namjoon were always left at home alone with the house maids. One could say that they both saved each other from lonliness.

"Oppa come with us," Jenni asked causing Namjoon to sit up abruptly. Jenni was frightened at first, worried that she had said something wrong but the smile on his face eased her worry a bit. "I thought you'd never asked," he chuckled. Jenni laughed along with him. Her heart no longer feeling heavy at the thought of having to leave him.

Namjoon held out his hand for Jenni to take before he pulled her up,"come on. Lets go tell Yuri."

They walked down the hallways toward Yuri and Junsu's office where they knew only Yuri would be. Jenni knocked on the door softly before calling out,"auntie Yuri?" Yuri answered without looking up from her paper work,"come in."

Both of them slowly made their way in but Namjoon stopped at the entrance as Jenni let go of his hand and moved closer to Yuri's desk. "What is it Jenni-ah? I'm kind of busy right now," Yuri's tone was stern and bored as if she had better things to do with her time then listen to whatever it is the little girl had to say.

"Auntie Yuri would it be okay if oppa came with us to Korea?" At that, Yuri paused her work to look at Jenni. Her eyes turned cold as she looked at Namjoon behind her. "Sure, why not," She looked back at Jenni with her features immediatly changing into a warm look before reaching out to hold her hand. "If thats what you want then I'll get my assistant to book a ticket for him as well, ok? Now I'll see you later at dinner. I still have some papers to fill out."

Jenni gave a small smile back before walking out to meet Namjoon who was already waiting in the hallway. She wasn't as naive as she use to be. Jenni knew that Yuri and Namjoon did not like each other but she didn't know the reason why. She couldn't understand how Yuri could be so nice to her and yet give her step-son the cold shoulder.

As she stepped into the hallway and closed the office door behind her, she linked arms with Namjoon and gave him a reasuring smile. A smile that said she would always be there for him even if no one else was. Namjoon's heart fluttered as he returned the exact same smile.

"Lets go play as much as we can before we leave," Jenni suggested as she pulled him down the hall toward their rooms. "Ok oppa, go get ready and we'll meet back out here in ten minutes top. Ok? Go!" Jenni yelled before rushing into her room to get ready. Namjoon shook his head but smiled at her silliness before making his way into his own room to prepare.

A little while later they both came out of their room at the same time ready to go out for the day before returning for dinner. Namjoon with his backpack and Jenni with her camera.