My Life Savior

♥ Dimple - 보조개 {Bojogae} ♥

It had passed new year, and of course my mum and I had to celebrate it in Seoul alone, without the rest of the family. I was a bit sad and disappointed about it, but in the end it was a nice, comfortable and relaxing night. 

We ate some samgyopsal and Ddeokbokki. Mum also ordered some Korean alcohol called Soju. She though that it was some strong cases, but she let me try it anyways. She kept saying: " it's only new year once a year!". I had to admit, that I actually liked soju a lot. Normally I don't like alcohol because of the strong alcohol taste, still in the soju there was a strong taste of alcohol but I just didn't know why I liked it. I'm kinda weird these days right?

 

When I was eating brunch with Guk back in December last year, I asked him while we were walking outside, when his birthday was. So I could remember it and buy a present for him.

 

It was March 30th today, and I was walking out in Seoul, on my way to the nearest shops. Tomorrow was his birthday and I was thrilled. I honestly thought that he forgot that he told me, so I'm gonna surprise him!

 

I don't really know what stuff he likes, but I hope he will accept my present and use it well!

 

It was a bit cold today.. I think it was -3 degrees? I don't quite remember. It's about the same back in England so no change there.

 

I had reached a small market in the streets of Seoul. Some stalls were surrounding a small area. I went there and looked at some stuff.

I had noticed that every time I met with Guk, he was wearing a cap. So maybe I should look for that?? 

I looked a bit more, and lastly my eyes caught a thing, a cap of course. I was sure that he would like it - or even love it! I walked over to it as fast as I could. I looked at it. It was perfect for him. It was black and had like some kind of ears on top if you know what I mean? I took it with a smile, but I could feel something was holing onto it, I looked to my right, to see a guy patiently holding onto it, hoping that he was that lucky to actually get it. Silly man.

I pulled in it, but he pulled back. He was wearing a hat and a mask, covering his mouth and nose. His sunglasses were so dark, that you couldn't know where he was looking. On the cap or even at me I couldn't know.

I caught myself at looking at him for too long. Now I had stopped pulling in the cap, and he had too. His head was in my direction, so I thought he was looking at me. Then the word from his mouth came: 

"Bojogae.." He said and let go of the present. I could see he was amazed, but I honestly had no idea why.

Wait.. Bojogae.. Means.. Dimple.. I've only shown my dimple to two persons in Korea.. Guk, and my life savior. And that wasn't Guk, so it had to be.. Oh my him.. The angelic voice when singing dude..

"Heyy~~" I quietly said. And took myself to the neck, still with my other hand holding the cap.

He just kept looking at me, amazed. I felt an awkward atmosphere, so while he was still looking at me, I went over to the cashier and bought the cap. The cashier offered to pack it in, and I frankly said yes to the offer. Then I walked out of the store, actually hoping that my life savior would come after me.

"Bojogae!" I could hear behind me, when I walked out on the street. I turned around, and to my big relive it was him. He came walking fast over to me:

"Don't you remember our deal? If we met again, I would buy you the best bubble-tea in the world?" He said and smiled. I nodded, and a smile showed on my lips.

"What about now?" He asked.

"I'm terribly sorry. I have to meet with my friend right now..

"Then what about later today?" He asked. How did he had no life? No things to do? 

"Well I think I can.. Then about 9pm?" I asked, and he nodded right away. 

"Let's meet at the swings over there." He said and pointed behind me, I turned around and saw a park across the street, and as he said I saw some swings. I nodded, and then we walked each our directions.

 

I called to Guk, and luckily he had time to meet, because tomorrow he didn't had the time because of his work. He had to have an important position at work, since he was so busy all the time.

We decided to meet by the Han River at 6pm. I had a bit to eat before standing under the bridge, but I became hungry pretty fast. I kept waiting and waiting. A thought came to my mind. Did something bad happen to him? I was about to call him, when I suddenly heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Hi." He said and I became so startled.

"Do you know what time it is?!" I said. I looked at the time and to my big surprise it was already 8:30pm. I had been standing there for almost 3 hours, and not wearing a jacket, 'cause I thought that he would be there fast. I was a bit sad and disappointed.

"I'm sorry Em..

"Your work right?" I said with anger in my voice.

"Are you freezing?" He asked and looked down and up at me. I hesitated.

"There's something I have to tell you," he said after a few seconds of silence.

"Honestly I wanted to tell you this since the start, but just hadn't the courage.." He said and I finally turned around to face him. He was looking down in he ground.

"I'm an idol." He said and looked up and our eyes met.

"What?"

"I'm a member of a famous boy-group." He further explained. He was what?! 

"What?! How could you hide such a big fact?!" I asked him desperately. 

"I.. I just wanted to see if you would like me as who I am, not as an idol." Well that was a big thing he hid right there.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier.." he continued. 

"It's okay Guk.." I said and walked over to him.

"I like you no matter what kind of work you do." I said and smiled, which made him smile too.

*that was why he was so often occupied..* I thought.

"Here ~" I said and gave him the present from earlier.

"What is this?" He looked at me with surprise.

"Happy birthday tomorrow!!" I yelled.

"Ah! That's right! You remembered!" He said with a laugh and took the present from my hands.

I looked intense at him, while he was unpacking it. His eyes became wide.

"Wow! This is so cool! I've always wanted one like that! Thank you so much Em!" It exclaimed from him, he turned around to me and have me a quick hug, which was totally unexpected.

"Do you like it?" I asked and he nodded with a smile.

 

After a short time we said goodbye and I walked back to centrum. I was pretty exhausted, and I was freezing.

I walked by a park with some swings, while looking at my phone, gosh it was already 11pm. I was about to take a step, when it hit me. MY LIFE SAVIOR! I ran like a ninja back, and into the park and over to the swings.

He was sitting right in front of me, swinging on one of the swings. Besides him was two empty bubble-tea bottles. He was looking down in the ground, looking in generally really depressed. 

I walked closer to him, which made him look up at me. 

"Bojogae?

"How long have you been waiting?" I asked. Gosh I felt so bad.

"Since 8:30pm.

"I'm so sorry! My friend was late so it happened like this.."

"It's okay! Well I drank all the bubble-tea.. You wanna go for a walk instead?" He asked and I nodded. He stood up from the swing and I got surprised by his height. We started walking around in the park on the marker path.

"Aren't you freezing?" He asked me, and I nodded hesitating. He stopped walking and the same did I. I looked weird at him. He took of his jacket and put it around me.

"Here you go ~" he said with a smile.

"You don't have to-

"Schhh" he said and laughed. And then we continued walking. This was kinda awkward or maybe not. But it was our first time together and he already put his jacket around me. It felt so unreal, like in a movie or something.

"Where are you from?" He asked after a while.

"I'm from England." I answered shortly.

"Wahh.. That's so cool! I've always wanted to go there." He said and looked down in the ground, while smiling.

Actually he looked quite charming.. And also hot.. Oh my god what am I doing?

"How old are you?" I then asked.

"I just turned 19 in January, you?" He looked at me with a smile.

"I'm turning 17 this year." I smiled back to him. He then nodded. 

We really didn't talk that much. Just walking and asking each other some few questions now and then. I could hear his footsteps and his breath. He was really friendly. But wait I didn't even know his name.

"Wait." I stopped, and he did too. He looked at me with an asking face.

"What's your name?" I asked him, and he looked at me with a big smile.

"My name is Youngjae.