Birthday Miracles

♥ Dimple - 보조개 {Bojogae} ♥

"I'm okay." He then replied, with a smirk, that made me melt totally inside. 

He was a patient... But so hot oh my god. Why do I tend to find so many hot Koreans here? I've always had the illusion that Asians were ugly as f***, so skinny, and all looked the same! 

He had dropped some paper sheets, when bumping into me, heh.. What can I say? I'm sometimes a bit clumsy.. 

He had already bowed down to collect them, but I could see that he was in a lot of pain. By what I had no clue. What did even happen to him? Cancer? A temporary injury? Curious I was indeed.. 

"Let me do that for you." I said, and helped him up again. 

"Oh, you do-. Thank you."

I grabbed them, and took a quick look. I saw the words such as 'rap' and 'lyrics'. Was he a song writer? That was beyond my capacity that could fit in my nutshell of a brain. Are Asians as well also talented and can write songs? Oh.. I think I'm getting a bit to harsh.. Soon you could call it racism.

"Do you write songs?" I asked him curiously, giving him his sheets back.

"Yes I do."

"That's quite impressive! For how long?"

He started to walk, and surprisingly I followed. 

"Hmm... I don't really recall.. In the start of my teens I think."

"Waow."

"Hah.. Yeah, - oh what's your name by the way, stranger?"

"You can call me Em, what about you?"

"Yong Guk.. Nice to meet you Em!" He smiled again, making me flatter.

Yong Guk was extremely friendly. I finally didn't feel so lonely anymore. And also not as an outsider. 

I was impressed by his english skills. In order to rap and write songs, he learned english really fast.

He thought it was so cool, that I came from England. He said that he really wanted to go there in the future.

We talked a lot, and walked. He was a few years older than me, I was sure about that.

~

We found some seats on the purple hall, and sat down.

"Before... You didn't look okay. What was wrong?" Yong Guk questioned.

"Oh.. Just.. I just remembered how I got here. Like I got kind of a flashback."

"Okay. Can I ask you why you're here?"

"I have lung cancer." It took a while before it came out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry to hear that Em..." he sounded innerly sad.

"No it's okay," I smiled, "Why are here?"

"I got stabbed. Luckily it's only temopary."

"That's good then." I smiled.

"How long have you been here?" he asked after a while.

"Two months. And for how long yet, I don't know. At least I have my mom beside me."

"You're lucky to have your mom here. Some of my friends are coming and visiting now and then."

"Why not your parents?"

"I'm coming out soon anyways." he answered with a cute smile.

 

I later asked him about his songs. I also heard some of his raps. He was so talented gosh..

 

"Em? What are you doing?" my smile broke, and I looked up, from Yong Guk's sheets, seeing mom standing in front of us.

"Mom.. What are you doing here?"

"I was starting to get concerned. Who's that?" she pointed at Guk.

"Tha-" I was about to say, but got interuped by him.

"Hello Mrs. I'm Yong Guk." he said, and boewd polietly. Both mom and I just looked at him.

"Well, I met him today. He's very nice." I said and smiled.

"That's great you finally found someone to hang out with. But it's getting late. Start to think of heading home to your room, okay?"

I nodded, and she waved, and walked away.

 

"Well.. That was my mom." I said, and we started to laugh. 

"She seems very nice."

 

"It was nice meeting you Guk. Can I even call you that?"

"Yea, call me Yong Guk, Guk or whatever you want!"

"Okay.. See you tomorrow?"

"Yes of course! Annyeong Em!" he waved, and I waved back.

I got his room-number, and he got mine. I had to walk a bit, but it didn't matter.

~

 

- The Next Day -

At early morning, I went over to Yong Guk. I was wearing my One Direction hoodie, I bought when I went to their concert with Laurie, a few months before I got cancer. I really liked them. Especially Niall. He was so cute (mentally squeezing his cheeks).

I woke up  few times last night. The thought of meeting him again today, probably made me nervous.

After a few minutes of walking, I reached my destination, his room.

I was about to knock on his door, but then I heard some voices coming from inside the room. Were his friends visiting himm? Probably. One of the voices sounded familiar. A voice I'd heard before, but it couldn't recall from when and where..

The door opened suddenly. I got so surprised, but I hurried behind the nearest corner. I practically stick to the wall like a chameleon.

I saw the backs of six males. They were wearing casual clothes. One of them wore a backpack, that didn't looked like it was being used to having stuff in, but rather more as an accessory. Two of them had caps on. They looked cool. I liked their style a lot.

They walked a bit further down the hall, and the familiar voice said, "Manager hyung, i ddae geuneun dashi olgeotida?(Manager hyung, when will he come back?)".

"Geuneun jashinui sangtaega manhi johajigo, ahju bballi dola ogo.(He's coming back soon. His condition is getting a lot better.)" the manager said.

"Arraseo..(Okay..)" the familiar voice said, and they continued walking down the hall.

I looked at their direction one more time, before walking towards Guk's door. I listened carefully, before knocking on the door. From inside came a deep, "neeeeh", which means yes. Look at my Korean skills.

I finally walked in, after just looking at him, which just made the atmosphere really awkward, or I just thought so. He was laying in his bed.

"Hello.. You still remember me?" I said as the door closed.

"Hah, of course I do. And I even remember your name, Em!" the deep smirk exclaimed from him. No matter how many times I would hear his deep laugh, I just couldn't get used to it. Like how is it even possible to have such a deep voice? It does probably not even exist on the scale!

"Was that your friends you were talking about?" I said, and pointed at the door.

"Oh yes.. Did you see them?"

"Only the back of them," I said, "Are you not feeling well today?"

"No no I'm totally fine! I was just a bit tired, and had a nap before my friends came." he smiled. I nodded.

"Then you wanna go for a walk outside?" he asked afterwards.

"Sure, that would be nice!"

"Then would you please take my jacket on the table?" he pointed at the table, where a really nice thick warm jacket lied.

"Of course Guk." I smiled, and walked over to the table, whith my hands in my hoodies pockets.

When faced away from Yong Guk I heard a sudden bump. I turned around quickly, to see Guk lying on the floor.

"Yong Guk!" I dropped the jacket, and ran over to him.

I lifted him up in my arms, and held him, "Are you okay?

"Ah.. Just a little bit pain, but it's nothing." still while having pains, he kept smiling. I shook my head. So typical him. Wait.. I've only known him for a day, and I act like I already know him so well.. Kinda... Weird.. Right?

"H-hyung?" some male voice sudden said, while Yong Guk and I had eyecontact.

"J-J-Junghong-ie??Guk said, and we both looked up, to see a tall young man looking at us, with a very surprised expression.

"Nan geunyang norae eureul ijeo beoryeokseum-nida. Jigeum ddeonalkeoya..(I-I just forgot t-the song sheets. I'll l-leave now..)" He quickly took the sheets, bowed and turned straight around, and walked out. 
 
"Jello! Jamkkan! Naneun geukeoeul seolmyeong hal su isseoyo!!(Wait! I can explain!!)" Yong Guk afterwards yelled, but the so called 'Junhong/Jello(?) didn't come back.
 
 
I helped him up again, sitting on the bed. I pulled a chair over to the bed, and also sat down.
 
"Who was that?"
 
"Junhong, one of my friends I told you about."
 
"Ahh...
 
"I'm just gonna text him okay?" He said, and took his phone and started to text.
 
"Sure."
 
I looked a few times over at him. He wrote pretty much. Almost a whole nouvelle.
 
"The day I got stabbed, I was with him, and my other friend,,," he just suddenly started to talk.
 
"It was late, but we really wanted some ramyeon. So we went to the supermarket, and bought some packages,"
 
"Why are yo-"
 
"When we came out, a strange man came to us, and threatened us to give our money to him. But my friend, Junhong and I, all refused. Then he sudden took out a knife. And we all got scared as sh*t. He was about to stab Junhong, but I was quick, and ran in front of him, and got stabbed instead.
 
"What?! It really happened that way?! That man was crazy!!" The words bursted out of me. He just nodded.
 
"Junhong's like a little-brother to me. I'd do everything for him, not to get hurt."
 
"Waow, such a strong friendship you two have.." I was totally amazed by his words.
 
We didn't take a walk as he promised. Instead he talked about his friends. I admired their friendship so much. Why couldn't I have friends like him? Their friendship seemed more strong than Laurie, Trevor and mine. When I'm gonna come back to England, I'm gonna make our friendship stronger too. 
 
When I walked home, it had become late. Mom was getting frustrated, but of course she forgave me quickly, because she had a lot to tell me about my birthday, which was tomorrow. 
 
~
 
- The Next Day (My Birthday) -
I woke up, and looked around. I couldn't see my mom anywhere. Beside me was a package. Wondering what was in it. I looked on the card;
"From: Mum. To: Em ♡"
I continued reading;
"Dear Em, today is your big day. A shame that we aren't home.
I'm sorry about that. I hope you'll like this small present, and use it well.
You know that dad, Rose Jonathan and I all love you so much.
You must never forget okay? I know things will get better,
so just cheer on my little butterfly. Love mum, ♡"
 
When ending reading the card, my eyes had become teary.
I put the card on the bed, and took the present. Should I open it now? Or wait until mom would come back?
I decided to open it no matter what! 
It was soft. And then I unpacked it. At first I had no clue at all, what it could be. But the more I looked and 'researched',lol, I could in the end finally sense what it was. A wig. Just what I needed the most in this period of time. I was so happy for it, and it looked just like my old hair. It looked expensive, and eventually also custom made. I tried it on, and it fitted perfectly. And in that very moment, nurse Park SeoWoo came in.
"Good morning miss Adams, and happy birthday.
"Good morning. Thank you!" I smiled, and she smiled back. 
"Unfortunately you have one bag of chemo today, but you can enjoy the rest of the day as much as you want, when it's finished." She said, and made the bag ready. 
I fell asleep. When I woke up, another thing was beside me. A small cute birthday card. I opened it, and read it. It was extremely long, 
First was written a text on Korean, then the syllables and lastly translated into English;
"To: Adams Emily. 
Hello miss. Happy birthday. I hope you'll enjoy your day as much as you can. 
Remember to live your life today as it was the last day. 
Greetings, Park SeoWoo."
I became really happy, seeing another person caring for me. She was very different from all the other nurses I'd had, and I hope you could see why very clearly.
In a long time I kept repeating the sentence. In the end, I could say it perfectly, I thought myself. Oh I knew it! I had to try it on Yong Guk!
I looked up on my chemo bag, almost finished! I couldn't wait to say my little fabulous sentence to him, and eventually also my mom!
After a few minutes had passed, where I had nicely placed my wig on in the right place on my head, I'd made myself as ready as I could be, to run out of the bed, and down to Yong Guk. I just sat nicely, quietly, in my bed.
After some random nurse came, and said that I could leave, I stood out of the bed, took my hoodie over my boring patient clothes, and walked quickly over to the door. I grabbed the door handle, and opened it with full power. My smile disappeared, and my eyes became watery instead. Quickly it transformed into running tears.
"D-d-dad?

~~~

A/N 

I'm so so sorry for late update again. (It happens every time dammit why omfg)

I'm trying to improve every time, and I hope that you understand. Soon I won't be able to update as often as I do now(even more non-often now I'm so so so so so so so sorry :'( >_<) because I have a school project coming soon, and I have to prepare omg I'm gonna die so much...

xoxo

Remember Leeteuk SARANGHAE forever!! ♡.  ;-))

 MouseRabbit ♥