Mixed Feelings

♥ Dimple - 보조개 {Bojogae} ♥

The words just flew out of my mouth. I didn't know what happened in the moment. Why did I even say that? I became shy, and continued to look down in the ground. I believe that Youngjae could clearly see me blushing.

"I had a wonderful day today. You made me forget all worries for a time. I wish, or I hope, that we can do something like this again in the nearest future.." I said and took a quick peek up at him, I then smiled.
Youngjae was so startled, that he didn't know what to say.
"Oh.. S-sure! Of course w-we can do something like this i-in the future again!" He said and scratched the back of his head, while smiling shyly, also looking now and then down in the ground.

Youngjae's a wonderful person. He makes you feel appreciated and meaningful. I really enjoyed his company today.

~~

I was walking down the purple hall, smiling just for myself. Youngjae and I promised to talk later, to set a new date for our next meeting.

I had almost reached my room, when from behind me, came running nurses and other doctors. One of them, by accident pushed me. I continued to watch where they were going. They suddenly stopped, and opened the door to a room. My room.
My mouth widened. Was mum alright? Like the doctors just did a second ago, I started to run over to my room.
I was standing startled and scared in the door-opening. Mum was laying on the floor, shaking. A lot.
"Stabilize her!"
"Inject her with this!"
"We need a bed over here!" One of the nurses yelled.
"W-what's ha-happening?!" I yelled, and the nurse who just yelled, looked over at me.
"Who are you? Are you her guardian?" I recognized the female nurse. Park SeoWoo.
"It's my mom!"
"Emily... Please follow me." SeoWoo said, as she stood up from the floor, and walked over to me. I did as she said, and followed her out of the room.
"The bed, in there. The patient is stabilized." SeoWoo said to 2 other nurses who came running with a bed.
SeoWoo and I continued walking a bit down the hall, and stopped walking by a sitting area. SeoWoo sat down, and so did I.
"What's wrong with my mom?" I asked, while crying.
"I don't know the reason yet, but it seems to be some kind of shock. The other doctors are examining her right now in the moment. Don't worry. We will find out the reason. She will be fine." SeoWoo said, as she patted my back. On her lips she allowed a small smile to appear. She made me calm in that very moment. That's it. She just earned the last points. She's official the best nurse I've known, in my whole life. I also let out a little smile. She then left. Back to her work.

~~

- Later, That Day -
Mum had been stabilized. She was laying in the room beside me.
I just had dinner, when entering mums room quietly.
I sat down by her, and held her hand.
Her eyes opened slowly.
"Hi mum.."
"Hi honey..." She said exhausted.
"How are you feeling?" I asked her, with a concerned expression.
"A bit better.. What about you?" She asked, while smiling to me, making me a bit sad.
"I'm fine." I said shortly.
I was about to ask her about some more, but suddenly the door opened, and there stood nurse SeoWoo.
I patted moms hand quickly, and afterwards left her, to go outside to talk with SeoWoo.
We stood right outside the door to our room. 
"The doctors have found out what was wrong with her," she said, and took a break in her sentence, which annoyed me a bit, because I really wanted to know it.
"Your mother collapsed because she had been so stressed lately. But she will be just fine, after some days resting." She said and smiled to me. She seemed innerly happy and relieved, same as me. After some minutes she left me, so I could be alone for a while.
I went over to a sitting area, still on the purple hall. I was still holding on the white plastic bag, I got from Youngjae earlier. I didn't feel like looking inside it right now, so I decided to wait a little bit longer.
I kept thinking over the things with mom. I mean, why would she collapse because of stress? I've made a whole lot of progress, and everything has been fine up until now. Did she hide anything from me? What an uncomfortable thought, if that happened to be true.
I decided to stop worrying more about that more now, and stood up and walked back into our room.

- The Next Day -
I woke up early after a surprisingly good nights sleep despite, after what happened last night.
I wanted to ask mom if there was anything going on, that I didn't know about. But at the same time I thought, that it might would be best if I asked her after some days, so she could rest with ease.

- 2 Days Later - 
Two days went with doing nothing really. Relaxing and sleeping and having some good days with mom even though we only were inside in our room. We talked about small and unimportant stuff.

I woke up before mom. Yesterday night, she was told that today she could return to her normal schedule. So today I wanted to ask her if anything was wrong.

I woke up mom, and some minutes later did we eat breakfast. We didn't really talk during the breakfast.

~~

"Mom,"
"Yes Em?" Mom answered me, while we were sitting in my bed. She took my hand, and looked in my eyes. She looked so deep in my eyes, that I felt like if she was watching into my soul.
"Is there..." I said and hesitated.
"What Em? What's wrong?" She said with concern showing in her eyes.
"That's what I'm asking you. Is there anything wrong, that I don't know of?" That's it! I said it. I hoped that she would be honest with me, because I'm not a child anymore, she doesn't need to lie to me. I understand everything. Or I would try to understand her worries and problems.
"W-what are you meaning Em?" She said stuttering. Looks like she wasn't ready for that question to come out of my mouth. She didn't say anything for what I felt like it was 10 minutes.
"Mom?" I asked her again.
"Emily..." Mom said and her eyes became watery.
"What's wrong mom?" I asked, and now both of my hands were holding tightly her hands.
"Dad.. He.." She said, and a tear fell quietly down from her right eye. I was waiting with anxiety.
"Dad.. Found another woman..." She said and started for real, crying a lot, and with a lot I mean a lot. Not just the normal definition of crying a lot, no she was crying Niagara Falls.
I was too shocked to even cry. I felt like my heart was ripped apart and afterwards stepped on multiply times.


A U T H O R S N O T E

hi guys.. Long time no see~ I hope you all is doing just fine! I am!~^^ I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I think I'll be updating soon :3