Chapter Twenty-five

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Am I so Insignificant?”
Date: 2013 August 11
Characters: Jisook & Thunder, IU
Genre: Angst, romance
Words: 895

 

It was just two weeks ago when Jisook woke up from her coma, skin draped in sweat and eyes filled with confusion. She remembered being in a car accident before passing out, but that was pretty much it. She couldn't recall how she was at the hospital, who brought her there, what was going on. She was just utterly puzzled of the present she was living in, sedately watching her husband give her a warm hug for coming back and seeing the nurses constantly walk in to check up on her.

“How long have it been?” she asked Thunder, sitting up with all her strength. He made her rest again.

“Just relax, Jisook. You've been asleep for just a little bit after a year now,” he answered her, peeling the skin of a peach for her to eat. “But don't worry. Not much happened.”

Not much happened?

When she was finally released from the hospital, she noticed her hair had gotten longer and she looked a little bit bigger than the scrawny image she used to have. Thunder had also gained some weight maybe due to the stress of her hospitalization, and she had felt a change in his hugs and kisses. They were so much warmer and more affectionate. He had probably noticed that he couldn't live without her if she was to leave him. She smiled to his honest expressions.

Although those minimal things had changed, she had also perceived something she hadn't really paid attention to before.

Thunder was so much closer to his dear friend, IU.

It could be true that maybe through all the months she was gone, he had gone to his friend for comfort and company. She didn't mind that he went to IU to avoid the solitariness he must have held within him during her medical condition, because she trusted IU.

The two had known each other even before Jisook have met Thunder, and she knew that they were nothing more than good friends. But it still upset her that sometimes he put his plans with IU over the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter