Chapter Twelve

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Growing Up”
Date: 2013 July 1
Characters: Suzy & Dongho
Genre: Angst, fluff
Words: 1233

 

“Dongho is leaving tomorrow. You don't want to say goodbye?”

Suzy stared at her mother, giving a strained face of contentment but in the inside, she was gradually melting into a broken puddle of remorse and selfishness.

“No, I don't,” she simply said, flipping through the teen magazine as if it was her everyday business.

“Why not? You knew Dongho since elementary school. You better say your farewell before you regret it.”

“I'm not gonna regret it, Mom. I don't even care about him.” She put the magazine down, feeling frustrated all of a sudden.

“Really? It was just last week when he came to visit.”

She swiftly groaned under her breath, standing up to take her leave. “Just shut up, Mom. You know nothing.”

“Well, Dongho's farewell party—” Her mother's voice was cut off as she walked out the room, stumbling up the stairs and forming angry, monstrous waves of sound behind her that shook the floor periodically. She was furious yet sad that he was going, her best friend whom she always admired ever since she met him.

He was always a quiet, shy boy who was really well-behaved and had good manners. He was a child in which every parents desired to have, because he was so respectful and smart and that was what every parents wanted in their child. He talked to people very politely, and he was always helping everyone. The only time he would break that prude-like image was when he was offered chocolate. The boy really loved chocolate. He would go crazy for just one bite, but Suzy knew that if he wasn't going around anymore, she wouldn't have to care about his ruckus every time she carried the wrapped snacks made from cocoa beans. But the thought only melted her even more.

In her room, she touched the glass jar that held all the chocolate pieces she had just recently bought. It was meant to be a present for Dongho after graduation, but when she discovered he was going to go to the city for college, she kept the gift to herself. She knew it was cruel, but she didn't like it that he might never come back and maybe not even to visit.

Everyone in her group of friends was already prepared to move on and become adults, but Suzy wasn't. She desired to let herself be carved into the old moments where she was with friends, laughing, just having fun and the future didn't matter. Nothing mattered, and she enjoyed life that way. However, her pals began dreaming, they were thinking of what they wanted to be, they wanted to clutch the future and take hold of it. But while everyone was sleeping with their eyes closed, Suzy was awake and she was the only one who was seeing whatever was happening now; she was the only one who was embracing her present life at the moment. She was upset. No one knew what it felt like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter