Chapter Twenty

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Unvanquishable Obstruction”
Date: 2013 July 14
Characters: Soyeon & Seungho, Boram
Genre: Angst
Words: 908

 

Soyeon saw him hit the stage was when he first signed up for the talent show. He easily passed the auditions and got into the show. Of course, no one really cared if he got in or not, but when he entered the stage in a nice, black tuxedo and sat on the piano's chair so elegantly, everyone in the audience was in shock. Who would have thought Yang Seungho knew how to play the piano?

It surprised Soyeon to her inner core, and since that day, she couldn't get that soothing yet painfully sad melody out of her head.

She was so desperate to listen to it, she even had to do some intense researching, whether it was humming the song to the local music shop owner or to anyone she knew that might miraculously happen to know it. But no one ever knew.

When her friends got fed up with her constant whistling or singing of the annoying tune, they would inquire, “Why don't you just ask Seungho about the song? He played it in the talent show, didn't he?”

“No way,” she would reply, “I don't even talk to him.”

It was that simple.

She wanted to know the song and the easiest source was Seungho, but she wouldn't dare approach him. He was just a person, someone she didn't acknowledge, and he probably didn't even know she existed either. It was the same way around. No one really crossed each other's boundaries just because of a song.

That was what Soyeon thought. That was what she wanted to follow, enforce and stick until the end. But when she found herself staring at an empty, white wall, colorless window curtains, unpatterned blankets and sickening carnations, she just wanted to run. She longed to be free, to flee from her cage and break the chains between her legs. She wanted to dance with the breezes again, feel the warm sun rays hit her skin once more, the green grass with her bare feet for eternity. However, she was bounded, stuck in the boundaries and the metal gates that she built upon herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter