Chapter One

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “What You're Known for in My Heart”
Date: 2013 June 20
Characters: Yoseob & Boram
Inspiration: “Mirrors” Justin Timberlake
Genre: Romance, fantasy
Words: 785

 

My heart is a large meadow with all forms of life.

Butterflies flutter around the evergreen grass. Deers are running, rabbits are scavenging, birds are flying right above. The cicadas hum their usual shrieks as yellow daffodils dance to the breeze with their sweet vernal grassy friend. The sun is always out, and there's always that perfect temperature in the air like when it's quite warm but there's just enough wind to keep it cool.

There are times when clouds will come strolling in and block the luminosity from the sky, but I've noticed their whiteness gives the sky an edge. It gives it something to look at when all I see is that plain color of everlasting pastel blue every day.

In the middle of all this life is me.

Usually I'll be laying down, taking a gaze at the sky or spying on some strayed ant that is on their way home with a large prize in their hand. I could be singing near the little creek that runs right through the center of the meadow, or I could be splashing in the cold water that only goes as high as my ankle. I could be climbing trees that sit right outside the boundary of the meadow, or I could just be running around, feathering the long grass, like a child who had no reasons.

Although I know that, to me, this meadow is spacious, there is something beyond the territory of the forms of life that exist here. Sometimes, I will stare at the complete emptiness that I've never, not even once, trespassed. I've never explored this whole heart. I don't know—I don't want to know what is out there, a mysterious and unknown whiteness, unlike the clouds.

What I see is all I've ever known.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter