Chapter 13

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

New chap! Enjoy~!

 

There was no hiding the shock that seemed to encompass both Dr. Kim and the pretentious psycho when they arrived to find their previously unresponsive patient, who not only awake but talking rather smoothly. Jiyong also called the others to let them know that their maknae is back.

 

As how the two residents reacted, they too were shock and speechless. Daesung immediately hugged Seungri when the maknae greeted and Seunghyun lightly punched Seungri's shoulder, glad that their maknae is back.

 

The pretentious psychotherapy literally ran off from the room after Jiyong smugly announced that they don't need the 'useless' psycho anymore as Seungri is back without getting any help from the 'MD'. Dr. Kim immediately took over the situation, sending them all off the room after calling the nurse to assist him in removing the tubes.

 

 

"Where's Bae?" Jiyong asked once they were outside, realizing that his best friend was not even there with them from the start.

 

"He told us to go first."

 

"How is he holding up?" Seunghyun asked Jiyong.

 

"I don't know, hyung." Jiyong sighed. He took a sit on the sofa slightly away from the room.

 

"I don't know what to say when he talks. I don't know how to react when he smiles...” He paused, before he continued. "I can't predict his reaction like I used to,"

 

"He is different now, Ji," Seunghyun said, putting a hand on Jiyong's slumped body.

 

"I know!" Jiyong answered, straightened up.

 

"I know he is different. He didn't have a leg. He IS different!" Jiyong accused. It shocked the others on how cold Jiyong is.

 

"Jiyong ah...”

 

"I know, hyung... I know he's different now, trust me, I know. But I don't want him to feel like it. He got me. He got us, supporting him. Never let go. I want him to know that I'm always there for him..."

 

"Just, don't shut me off..." Jiyong said as tears running down his face. He slump his body back to the chair.

 

"Yes, hyung. We are always there for him. Always. But, he needs time and we gotta give him all the time he need without pushing him," Daesung said. He is now sitting next to Jiyong, partially hug the leader, pouring as much comfort he can give.

 

"Just give him time, hyung. He's back now, right? It is a start. And trust me hyung, he will give more. We just need to be there for him, every single step he takes."

 

Dr. Kim came out from the room, bowing his head, signaling that he has done. They headed back to Seungri. Getting in, they saw the nurse already tidying the bed, putting the blanket up till Seungri's waist. As they were about to take a sit, Youngbae came back, bringing a bag of strawberries with him. He put it on the table beside the bed and hugged the maknae dearly.

 

"Seungri ah, I'm glad you decided to come back to us," Youngbae said, messing up the maknaes's hair softly.

 

"We missed you so much, maknae."

 

Seeing all the members are here, she immediately collected the stuffs and rushed out. She didn't want to interrupt their moments together.

 

 

But the weird silence hovered over them for several minutes after the nurse had left and they didn't know if it was because Seungri's privacy had just been violated or if it was something else bothering him. But it was Seungri itself who interrupted the silence.

 

It was practically whispered when Seungri finally did speak. The strain in his voice was enough to break everyone's heart.

 

"So, it's really gone..."

 

The bad is returning. The room closed around Jiyong. The claustrophobic make him nervous. He looked over to Youngbae and Seunghyun, who were sitting on the opposite side of the bed, finding some strength. Then he glances at Seungri's sullen form and immediately regrets it. The look on his face was purely devastating. Totally defeating.

 

"Just like that, hyung... One wrong step and it's all over for me,"

 

"I think that trap was there for a long time," Seunghyun said, as though that made the cold hard reality any easier.

 

Seungri laughed bitterly. "Is that supposed to make me feel better, hyung?"

 

"Aa a-aniya," Seunghyun stammered, mentally kicking himself. Stupid! What a great hyung, huh, bingu TOP? Idiot!

 

"Maknae ah, I'm so sorry. I just- I mean it's-"

 

"Save it, hyung." Again, Seungri stop them from going more.

 

"There's nothing you can say. Just... don't. Please."

 

In one fell swoop their heart completely broke, seeing their bright, cheerful maknae like this.

 

"What can we do, Ri?" Youngbae asked softly.

 

"I've told you, hyung, there's nothing you can do for me. Not now. Please, go... Just leave me alone,"

 

No no no, don't leave me, hyungs. I don't want to be alone right now. I'm not strong enough...

 

"Seungri..."

 

"Go!"

 

I don't mean it, I don't mean it... Don't go... Jebal...

 

 

As if Jiyong could hear Seungri's thoughts, he remained in his seat.

 

"You know we can't do that, Ri. I left you once and I'm not doing it again. We are staying!" Jiyong determined.

 

"Yeah." The others agreed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter