Chapter 12

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

New chap! Enjoy~!^^

 

Watching the nurse clean what they called Seungri's 'stump' become easier for them now. Part of them knew they would never be fully comfortable with the sight, especially Jiyong, who aware that he would always blame himself for what had happened. But they learned to overcome the discomfort, going so far as to ask the nurses to teach them how to take care of the limb. Later, Jiyong had pretty much take over Seungri's care as well as the others. They trying to prepare themselves for the day that Seungri will be release

Later afternoon, on the tenth day, Jiyong went to the cafeteria with Daesung after being lectured by the members due to his own lack of eating. As he about to enter Seungri's room, he overhears Dr. Kim and the dreaded psych consultant discussing with Youngbae and Seunghyun about Seungri's case. Reacting quickly, Jiyong stopped Daesung as he flattened himself against the doorframe, out of sight from them but still within hearing range.

 

They spoke again about the idea of antidepressants and discussed on how they might convince 'the leader' to see things on their way. And they said something that made Jiyong's blood boil.

 

"I think we need to consider admitting Lee Seunghyun into the psych unit," the pretentious psych consultant suggested casually.

 

"What?!" Youngbae and Seunghyun said in unison.

 

"Doctor, I don't think that's necessary," Youngbae said. Seunghyun nod agree.

 

"I've seen patients go into depression, but this is far worse than most I've seen. He hasn't spoken a single word in ten days. It's like he's just a shell, he's not even in there." Dr. Kim added.

 

Seunghyun rubbed his both hands to his face, contemplating the thought.

 

"Jiyong won't like that," he warned, although never saying 'no' to the suggestion.

 

"I know." Dr. Kim agreed.

 

"With all due respect," the psychiatrist began in a voice that completely lack of 'respect'.

 

"That Kwon Jiyong doesn't have an MD after his name! He doesn't know what's best for the patient-"

 

 

"ENOUGH!" Jiyong shouted as he barged into the room rather abruptly.

 

"Get out! I don't want to hear this anymore! OUT!"

 

Dr. Kim bowed as he pulled the psych out with him, letting the members to settle down the furious leader.

 

"Jiyong ah..." Youngbae try to reach his best friend.

 

"No... please," Jiyong said, barely whispered. "Leave us alone..."

 

Youngbae sighed, as well as the others. They know this will be really hard on Jiyong.

 

"We'll wait for you outside." Seunghyun said, placing a hand on Jiyong's left shoulder and leave.

 

 

Jiyong crossed the short distance to Seungri's bed and speaking frantically to his desensitized maknae.

 

"Seungri, hey, this isn't a joke anymore. They're talking about taking you to the psych unit if you don't snap out of it. I don't think there's anything I can do if that happens, Ri."

 

Seungri blinked, but continued to stare at the same spot on the dresser he had been staring at for days.

 

"Seungri ah..." Jiyong called.

 

 

"Is this a punishment??" Jiyong demanded desperately.

 

"Are you punishing me for running out on you? Because I'm sorry, Ri. I'm really sorry that you will never even know. If I could take back that time, If I could go back and do it over again I would do it differently, I swear, Ri! But I can't go back. You have to forgive me. Please!"

 

Another blink, but no other response.

 

"Seungri ah, jebal..." Jiyong begged, getting up and pacing the floor, his hair in his nervous hands.

 

"I don't know what to do anymore, maknae ah. I know it's a lot to ask, but I need you. I need you to snap out of it and tell me what to do, Ri."

 

Jiyong paused, realizing that he was rambling like a lunatic now. But decided he didn't care.

 

"I need you here with me, Ri. I know this is my thing, being a leader, fixing things. But you have to tell me what to do. I want to help you, Seungri. I really do..."

 

Back at Seungri's side, Jiyong jumped on the bed, straddling his maknae as he grabbed him roughly by the arm and shook him desperately.

 

"Pleaseeeeeee, Seungri ah," Jiyong begged, moisture clouding his eyes once again, now becoming an annoying habit that Jiyong is all too willing to break.

 

"This just isn't funny anymore. I need you back."

 

Still, the only reaction Jiyong received was a lazy robotic blink of Seungri's eyelids.

 

 

Jiyong sighed, completely and utterly hopeless and deflated. He collapsed beside Seungri on the bed. His head fell heavily on the younger's stomach, no longer worried if the move will hurt his dongsaeng.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter