Chapter 8

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sorry for the super late update...

Enjoy~ ^^

 

Seungri fever burned hot, making a valiant effort to assist the antibiotics with ridding his body of infection, while creating a struggle to keep his body temperature under control. It took time for the infection to retreat from his body. But they wait patiently, allowing their maknae all the time he needed to heal. Seungri didn't fully awake until three days later.

 

He'd wavered in and out of consciousness several times in that period, but only for a few minutes at a time. He was never lucid enough to do much other than mumble incomprehensible words. Seungri had called Jiyong's name only whenever he was conscious. But thats all, there was no other sign that he was even aware of his surroundings.

 

 

The two members now shared a room, not because either of their doctors felt it needs, but because Jiyong had threatened to check himself out if they didn't allow him to be with Seungri at all times. After taking a few hours of rest and regroup on the first day of his awake, Jiyong had vowed to do whatever it takes to help his beloved dongsaeng through the injury.

 

He had spent his entire first night curled up painfully in a chair beside the maknae. He ignored the others attempts of ordering him back to his own room and rest. After the fifth attempts, Jiyong raged and blatantly announced that he want no longer being a patient and strongly saying that he want to stay beside Seungri no matter what. Except, the gashes in his right shoulder had chosen that moment to tear off and Jiyong felt on the floor, panting in agony.

 

 

Youngbae jumped on his only opportunity and help his best friend back to his own room, asking for a sleeping aid and a pain killer to be given to the protest leader. But his body was so used to the sleeping pills that they barely registered with him unless he allowed them to, so Jiyong fought. He fought his best friend and stumbled his way back into Seungri's room, surprising the other two members.

 

With that, the others had no other way and reluctantly ask the doctor to moved the two to a double room. They set up a condition that Jiyong can stay beside maknae only if he rest for an hour in his own bed for every two hours he sat beside Seungri. Jiyong didn't like it, but seeing the stern eyes of his Seunghyun hyung and Youngbae, even Daesung looks scary, he become too weak to protest.

 

 

Seungri finally did come to fully alert on the fifth day, and he is panic. No one was at his side. And of course, not seeing his expected hyung there, at his side, making him even more panic.

 

"Jiyong hyung," Seungri cried out with a gasp, eyes wide in terror.

 

Jiyong jumped, his hazy restfulness mind and body cleared immediately as he scrambled out of the bed to be with his dongsaeng. Despite his painful injuries on the shoulder, he made it across the room to the younger's bed faster than Seunghyun, who had been pulled from actual slumber at the sound of Seungri's voice.

 

Jiyong eased himself into the chair beside Seungri's bed, forcing any sign of pain from his face, because he knew that would be the first thing that Seungri will pick up. This couldn't be about him, not now.

 

 

"Hey, Ri, It's alright. I'm here, I'm here. You're safe." Jiyong hand's grabbed on tight to Seungri's. The younger tightened the grip.

 

"Oh hyung! Hyung, I thought I'd lost you! Are you okay??" Seungri's voice came out weak and forced. His face is white pale. But there's fear still lingering behind that white pale face, and at that moment Jiyong knew one thing, Seungri remembered everything.

 

"I'm fine, Ri. Don't worry about me,"

 

"How are you feeling?" Jiyong asked.

 

Seungri paused to take in the situation. "Hmm okay, I guess. I kinda feel like I'm floating, hyung."

 

Jiyong laughed lightly, hiding his own nervousness.

 

"That's must be because of the medicine. I felt that way too when I first woke up. It's okay, you'll get used to it." Jiyong smiled.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter