Chapter 23

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEUNGRI! <3

 

When the line of questioning finally stopped, Jiyong breathed a sigh of relief and he watched Seungri do the same. And then Dr.Ha was up and eagerly on moving again.

 

“I’d like to show you around the facilities, introduce you to some of our staffs. Maybe send you home with some exercises to do before your next appointment.”

He hesitated, looking down at Seungri sternly. “You may not want to talk to anybody about what you’re going through, but it’s absolutely vital that you listen to what we tell you physically. These exercises we’ll give you are important, and you could get seriously hurt if you don’t follow our advice. Understand?”

Seungri hesitated.

No I don’t understand! I don’t understand why any of this had happened to me! I don’t understand why I’m done everything right in my ing life and this is my repayment?! Living with no leg! NO.ING.LEG!

 

“Seungri sshi?” Dr.Ha prompted again.

 

He looked up, despondent. He could see Jiyong’s hopeful expression from the corner of his eye and realized there was no way he could dash his poor hyung’s hope, regardless of how much he wanted to say ‘ it’ and stomp off in total despair.

 

“Yeah”

 

He finally agreed half-heartedly.

“Yeah, I’ll do it.”

 

Jiyong face brightened and Seungri could tell that he can even get all teary with all this.

 

The doctor clasped his hands as approval crossed his face, taking his great victory in stride. There was so much more to accomplish before he could truly consider himself victorious. He would have to take it one step at a time.

 

The remainder of their visit went by in a blur. Seungri followed along in sullen silence as Dr.Ha Minseo gave the boys a thorough tour of the facility and moped through the preliminary assessment of his leg, trying not to wince too much as the doctor poked and prodded too roughly at his still tender leg. He flinched a little as Dr.Ha admitted apologetically that the wound was still too fresh to be fitted for a new leg. It might be as much as another month before it was healed enough.

But Seungri drew the mask back over his face because, hell, that was just par for the course of his ed up life. What is another month to wait for something he had never wanted in the first place.

 

 

Jiyong set up another appointment to start his rehab before they left and thanked Dr.Ha Minseo profusely for all his help. He then took out his phone and called the others to get the car ready. And as he and Seungri made their way back to the parking lot and the car, Jiyong dropped another bomb carefully on his unsuspecting maknae.

 

“Seungri ah, it’s passed 1 o’clock,” the leader observed, looking at his phone as he walked behind his fast tiring maknae. Seungri had been wobbling noticeably on the crutches for the better part of the last hour and Jiyong realized that Seungri hadn’t been on his feet for this long since before the injury.

“We’ve got a half hour drive back to the house, and I’m hungry. I bet the others in the car too..”

 

Seungri paused, just about falling over as he stopped too fast.

Don’t say it hyung. Don’t you dare say it..

 

“.. so I thought today, since we were all out.. let’s get some lunch together outside? Hmm?” Jiyong was talking so careful and Seungri knew it. He was quickly caught up to Jiyong’s side, angrily starting down to his leader.

 

“How many times do I have to say no before you get the point?? Huh hyung?” Seungri demanded, His hands gripping the handles of the crutches so tight his knuckles were turning white.

 

“I don’t want to be paraded out in the public. I don’t want to feel their stares and I don’t want to receive their pity! What don’t you understand about the fact that I just want to be left alone?!”

 

 

Youngbae ran across the parking lot as he saw the bickering they were having.

“Hey guys, stop it. Let’s go.”

 

Jiyong held firm, matching Seungri’s stare second to second. “It’s not healthy, Seungri. This whole becoming a recluse and hiding out from the rest of the world isn’t good for you. And the longer you wait to see how people are really going to react, the harder it’s going to be. Besides, since when have you even care of what other people think of you. You’re Seungri, for crying out loud! I’ve never know you to give a about anything!”

 

“Yeah, well I give a about this now!”

 

Seungri took off again, making a beeline to the car and wishing that he could just get in and take off. He needed to get away, needed to be free from his hyung’s hovering and his constant need to ‘help’ when all he really seemed to be doing was making the situation a hundred times worse. But Jiyong didn’t let up and by the time Seungri was grabbing at the door handle of the car Jiyong was blabbering again.

 

“Seungri ah, I want to help you! I really do. I just don’t know how. Everything I do seem to be wrong. Tell me, Ri ah. Tell me what can I do?”

 

“You can stop trying, hyung! That’s what you can do!” Seungri shot back, slumping in the seat and tossing the crutches to the ground so that his hyung had to stoop and gather them up. Seunghyun who was at the driver seat, shot a worry look to the back. This is so not a good time to fight.

 

“And for god sake, hyung, stop trying to make this about you!”

 

“Mwo?” Jiyong couldn’t hide the hurt and confusion of Seungri’s exclamation had caused.
 

He didn’t know what to say. How to respond on it.

 

How am I making this about me? All I’ve been doing this whole time is trying to make Seungri feel better. Trying to do what’s right for him..

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter