Chapter 22

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally! A new chapter here!

 

Enjoy~!

 

A week later, just after dawn broke on the horizon, Youngbae dragged Seungri out of the bed. Daesung made him a full breakfast and insisted him to dress in a sweatshirt and a jogger pant. They went out from the small house they rent at 8 am. Seungri moped the entire drive, knowing so well what his hyungs had planned for him, but to stubborn to talk and ask. When they pulled up in front of the big white building, and Seungri read the sign his suspicions were confirmed. Large blocks letters announced their arrival at GANGWON-DO REHABILITATION HOSPITAL, with smaller letters underneath saying, NEW LIVES, NEW CHANCES.

 

And Seungri felt like throw up.

 

Seunghyun circled the car to the front lobby of the hospital. Jiyong who was seating at the front rear seat went out immediately, holding out the crutches before Seungri had even released his seatbelt. The youngest rolled his eyes before opening the door.

 

‘I can’t believe I’m actually doing this!’ he thought miserably as he grabbed for the crutches and hoisted himself up.

 

“You guys go first. I’m going to park the car.” said the eldest as he started the car and want to get going.

 

“No!” Seungri said, shocked the others in the car.

 

“Seungri ah,”

 

“Only Jiyong hyung..” Seungri said, quietly.

 

So they all agreed as Jiyong helped Seungri off the car and walk into the hospital.


 

“You ready?” Jiyong asked him nervously, bouncing from foot to foot as he waited for Seungri to take off.

 

“No.” It was blunt. Harsh. Honest.

 

“Oh..” Damn Seungri, what the hell am I supposed to say to you?

 

“ Do I have a choice in this?”

 

Jiyong shook his head. “ You need this, Ri.”

 

“Fine!” And Seungri pressed forward, making quick but awkward progress across the road. If he had to do this, he might as well do it with dignity.

 

But dignity went out the window the minute they crossed over the threshold of the facility and Seungri found himself staring at a whole different world. One where debilitating injury reigned supreme and he was just a dime in a dozen. He should have felt more comfortable with these people, all of whom were hobbling around on crutches and rolling across the floor in their wheelchairs. Maybe he would have felt comfortable with them, even superior to some, until he looked around and saw the same pitying stares on their faces.

 

Even the cripples pity me!

 

Seungri just turned around but Jiyong’s sturdy body blocked his way. He pushed him forward, leading him to the reception desk.


 

“Yes, can I help you?” The man at the counter chirped.

 

Jiyong nodded.

 

“I’m uhmm, Kwon Jiyong. This is my dongsaeng, Lee Seunghyun. I spoke with someone on the phone the other day about getting him fitted for a prosthetic leg. We’re supposed to see Ha Minseo kyosunim?”

 

He nodded, staring at them intently before punching a few buttons on the computer.

 

“You’re right on time. Ha kyosunim will be out with you in a moment. Have a seat and we’ll call you when he’s ready.”


 

Seungri refused to sit because it was easier to remain standing than to drag himself back up, and Jiyong remained obediently at his maknae’s side as they waited for the specialist. Jiyong ignored the feeling of people watching to them. He look over to his side, seeing Seungri looking nowhere but his one foot leg intently. He knew that Seungri feels the same. The feeling that people might recognize them. But it couldn’t take long when a dark curly haired man in his late thirties appeared soon after and made his way to the two after stopping at the receptions desk for confirmation of his patient.

 

Dr.Ha Minseo greeted them warmly, shaking hands with Jiyong and quickly brushing off Seungri’s refusal to do the same and got down to business.

 

“Why don’t you come with me to my office. We can talk more thoroughly in there.”

 

Jiyong matched with the tall doctor, keeping pace as he eagerly soaked up all the man had to say about the facility, and Seungri followed several steps behind. He didn't care what the man wanted to share, didn't really give a damn how esteemed the facility was, or how big the exercise arena was and he sure as hell didn’t give a damn about how much of a success rate they had in restoring their patient’s normal living.

 

Dr.Ha Minseo offered them both a seat before taking his own behind the desk. He watched in explorative curiosity as Seungri slumped down into his chair, fixing his gaze on a spot just below the edge of the desk.

 

“So,” the man began, flipping open a file as he spoke.

 

“The hospital sent all the records they had on you, Seunghyun sshi. Below the knee traumatic amputation, about two months ago as the result of a bear trap. Am I correct?”

 

Seungri remained silent.

 

“From what I can see of your x-ray records here, it looks like the residual limb is more than adequate to fit a prosthesis. Below knee amputation is ideal for as complete a recovery as is possible. With time and practice you should even be able to walk without a limp.”

 

“Keureh, so what do we need to do to get started?” Jiyong questioned, leaning in on his chair, elbows braces on his knees to hold him up.

 

Seungri couldn’t help but roll his eyes as he shifted in his seat, uncrossing and the recrossing his arms before returning his dull gaze to the spot on the desk.

 

Once again, Dr.Ha stopped to study Seungri’s attitude before returning to the subject.

 

“I like to start out my sessions by explaining what will be going on over the next few months. Then we c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter