Chapter 21

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back as promised! yayy!


Enjoy~~ ^^

 

“Delay on comeback??! What the hell are you talking about?!”

 

It was then that the hyungs realized Seungri knew nothing about this. They shouldn’t be openly talking about this at all the very first time anyway. For the next several minutes Youngbae and Seunghyun took deep breath and explained about the situation. Occasionally, Daesung will joined too but being the observant to the maknae most of the time. They explained their plans were constantly changing, and how they decided to just go there and took care of it. But Jiyong took it hard and right before they even had the chance to tell the president, Jiyong ran away into the heavy rain and got hit by a car. Seunghyun then explained that they really want to bring Jiyong to hospital but been objected by their very own leader, afraid people will recognize them. And the longer he spoke the angrier Seungri seemed to become until he was stewing in his own juices.

 

“Why didn’t anyone tell me about this?” Seungri screamed, letting go of his hold on Jiyong and sitting up on that makeshift bed to appear more threatening.

 

“I can’t believe you all went behind my back. You lied to me!”

 

Youngbae flinched, and Daesung seemed to shrink back into his chair.

 

“We thought it would be for the better good if you didn’t know about this, Ri…” Youngbae admitted.

 

“There wasn’t anything you could've done-”

 

“You should have told me! Jiyong hyung got hurt because of me!”

 

“What can you do, Ri?” Daesung’s soft voice interrupted the tirade for the first time and despite his anxiety over the situation, he seemed to have a firm grasp on controlling the sound that came out.

 

“I would have help him!”

 

“How?” the second youngest challenged, continuing to keep his tone even.

 

“I don’t know!” Seungri screamed, slamming his fist into the bed as realized what the man was implying. He hated him for that, and hated himself for its truth.

 

“I would figured something out. This never should happened!” His hand waved wildly across Jiyong’s lying form.

 

“Seungri, people were kept asking about us. It has been months we were out here without them knowing about us. Me and Seunghyun hyung had at least do something about it.”

 

“You still should have told me!” he shrieked back at Youngbae, his face reddening in his rage.

 

Youngbae continued to keep his voice down as he searched for the most tactful way to silence the maknae.

 

“You were in no shape mentally to be hearing about this, Ri..” he began, and he held his breath to wait and find out what Seungri’s reaction would be. He could still see the anger and hatred filling the young man’s being, but to his credit Seungri stayed quiet.

 

“You’ve been all over with your emotions these past few weeks… and that’s perfectly acceptable, considering…” the Mohawk was quick to add.

 

“But we just didn’t think it was wise for you to be worrying about this too. We figured we had it covered. Besides, Seungri,” Youngbae sighes, long and drawn out as though he were hesitant to say the next part.

 

“You are in no condition to be anywhere right now or even thinking about it.”  

 

There is no denying that the words stung, true as they might have been, and Seungri had to swallow down a gigantic lump in his throat before he could talk again.

 

“Way to kick a man when he’s down, hyung...” He finally whispered forlornly.

 

The fight had left him as quickly as it had come and now he slumped back against the pillow in defeat.

 

 

“This.. is why.. we didn’t want to tell you…”

 

All four of them looked over to where Jiyong had finally woken up, enough to speak in a forced whisper. He is now struggled to pull his weak body up into a sit.

 

When it appeared that Seungri was too broken to attempt to assist his favorite hyung, Youngbae crossed over the room and help Jiyong sit up and lean him against the pillows beside Seungri. His lids still dropped, dangerously close to shutting completely again, but for the time being Jiyong was in the conversation.

 

“Hyung?”

 

It was all Seungri could mustered, asking both ‘are you okay?’ and ‘what the hell do you mean by that?’ all in that one calling.

 

Jiyong nodded in assurance of his health, and then grabbed Seungri’s gaze as much as his tired body would allow.

 

“I knew… I knew you would be upset if you knew what we were planning...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter