Aftermath (Big Bang)

Stranded

“G! G! Help! Over here!” Seungri yelled, waving frantically. G-Dragon was really woozy, were there two Seungris waving at him? He tried to get his head together. It finally registered with him that Seungri was in trouble and the adrenaline kicked in. Seungri was holding on to a wobbly piece of debris from the plane. He was an okay swimmer, so something had to be wrong if he was calling for help. He started swimming towards him when he noticed Taeyang out the corner of his eye. He was lying unconscious on what appeared to be a part of what used to be the plane's wing. G-Dragon was conflicted. Both Seungri and Taeyang were in trouble, which member to save? He didn't have much time, he had to make a decision right now. He decided to think rationally, or as rationally as was possible in his condition. Seungri seemed to be holding his own, at least for the time being, but Taeyang was unconscious and who knew in what state he would find him. He might even already be... G-Dragon couldn't finish the thought. Taeyang was the apple of his eye, his true friend. G-Dragon had sometimes been worried whether his feelings for Taeyang were too strong, that they went beyond friendship. But he had always buried that thought quickly somewhere deep in his brain, hoping that it wouldn't surface again, for the sake of their friendship. Although there had been that one incident, but this was not the time to go down memory lane. G-Dragon changed direction and started swimming towards Taeyang.

 

When Taecyeon reached Taeyang he saw G-Dragon on his way to them, and a panicking Seungri a little ways off in the other direction. “G-Dragon! I've got Taeyang!” Taecyeon shouted, waving and pointing at Taeyang. G-Dragon seemed to have gotten the message and started swimming back towards Seungri. Before moving Taeyang, he tried to assess the situation. He checked for a pulse, hoping against hope that he would find one. Taeyang lay completely still, he looked like he was sleeping peacefully in his bed at home instead of having just been thrown out of a burning airplane. The situation was too grave to feel real. Taecyeon felt as if he had landed smack in the middle of some B-class action movie. A pulse! He could feel a pulse! What a relief, he didn't know what he would have done if... Taeyang appeared to be breathing, albeit rather shallowly. Taecyeon moved him carefully from the broken airplane wing into the water and took him to shore.

Taecyeon carried him out of the water and lay him carefully down on the sandy beach. Taeyang was still out of it, the sun lighting up his angelic face. He sure was cute, Taecyeon thought. Compared to the other 2PM members he felt so tiny and delicate, Taecyeon felt he had to be extra careful with him or he would break. He was at a loss for what to do, he had taken an emergency first response class a while back, but he hadn't really paid that much attention. He put his hand on Taeyang's forehead, it didn't feel warm. He bent down and put his ear against his chest. He could hear his heartbeat clearly, beating calmly “dunk-dunk dunk-dunk”. As he was raising his head from his chest, Taeyang opened his eyes.

 

The light hurt Taeyang's eyes, there was a shadow in the shape of a head in front of him but he couldn't quite make out who it was. Slowly the face before him came into focus, it was breathtakingly beautiful. It was glowing with a halo of sunlight around it. Was this heaven?

 

Seungri was pissed. “I'm fine! I don't need your help anyway!” he said stubbornly. G-Dragon smiled, clearly he wasn't critically injured. “Well, okay, if you're absolutely sure. I'll just be going then...” G-Dragon smirked and turned away. “Wait... wait...” Seungri's voice grew softer, “Don't go.”. Most of the time Seungri was a total brat, but those few times when he let his guard down leaving his act at the door, he was sweeter than candy, completely melting G-Dragon's heart. G-Dragon made sure Seungri knew nothing about that though. That would inflate his ego to the moon and back, making him ten times as hard to handle.

“What's wrong, where are you hurt?” G-Dragon asked concerned. Seungri's face went red. “Well...”, Seungri grinned embarrassed, “My leg has a cramp.”. G-Dragon snorted, in part out of relief and in part because it was classic Seungri to escape a plane crash unscathed only to be overcome by a leg cramp. He helped Seungri climb on his back and swam slowly to shore.

 

“I can't do it, I can't do it. I'm too tired.” Daesung was about to burst into tears. He was wet and cold, and his ears were ringing. He was clinging on to a part of an overhead compartment that was slowly sinking. He could feel the panic sinking in, taking control over his body.

Seunghyun spoke in a soothing voice. “Look, we can't stay here forever. See, it's not that far.” Seunghyun said lying through his teeth. They could barely see the shore. He honestly didn't know how they were going to make it all the way over there, but it was not like they had a choice in the matter. Seunghyun wished he could carry Daesung the whole way, but he was no swimming champion. He had no confidence in being able to deliver him safely to shore and his head was killing him. “Okay, here's what we are going to do.” Seunghyun put his hand on Daesung's shoulder to calm him. “We'll turn ourselves into a row boat. Our bodies will be the boat, our head the stern and our hands the oars. Can you picture it?”. Daesung nervously half-nodded. “And do you know what boats can do? They can float. So even when you get tired of rowing, that's okay, then you just take a break and the boat keeps floating along, peacefully waiting for you to be able to row some more. Think you can do that for me, turn into a boat?” Daesung shook his head no. Seunghyun's heart ached, why was he so lacking, why couldn't he be the knight in shining armor, here to save the day? Reality was harsh.

“Hyung!” Daesung was taken aback, Seunghyun had a gaping gash on the side of his head. Daesung had only been thinking of himself and all the while Seunghyun was suffering without saying a word. He wanted to kick himself, only his legs were busy trying to keep him afloat. “Don't worry about it.” Seunghyun said, pretending it was nothing. Daesung snapped out of panic-mode, he had to be courageous for Seunghyun's sake, Seunghyun needed him and he was not about to let him down. “Okay. Let's do this!” Daesung said determined.

 

It was hard steering clear of the debris while swimming on their backs, but somehow they managed it. When they were a few meters out G-Dragon came running, helping them to shore, hugging them both profusely. Seunghyun collapsed to the ground, the water mixed with the sand making a paste on his skin. He felt like he might pass out. He tried to keep his senses, he knew he was hurt although not precisely how bad. Daesung was biting the hem of his T-shirt, reminding him of a rabid dog. There was a ripping sound. A look of triumph spread over Daesung's face as he ripped the bottom of his T-shirt, making a strip of fabric. The T-shirt was now way too short, revealing Daesung's belly button, as well as his incredibly well toned waist. The little strip of hair below his belly button caught Seunghyun's eye. He suddenly had the urge to reach out and touch it, just to know how it felt. This had to be the injury talking. Daesung knelt in front of Seunghyun and proceeded to tie the T-shirt strip around his head, extra tight to make the bleeding stop. “My very own Rambo.” he giggled.