Banana

Stranded

Taeyang came running back, Taecyeon following on his heals with Seunghyun unconscious on his back. Daesung ran beside him, holding Seunghyun's hand, making sure he didn't fall off. Taecyeon had noticed as Taeyang suddenly jumped up and started running into the forest without any apparent reason. The way he did it, so frantically, as if he was running for his life, made Taecyeon worried. He didn't have anything better to do anyway, so he went after him, just in case. It was lucky he did, they had found Seunghyun motionless on the forest floor and there was no way Daesung and Taeyang could have managed to carry him all the way back on their own.

 

G-Dragon came to meet them, helping Taecyeon lay Seunghyun down on the sand. G-Dragon felt Seunghyun's forehead, it was burning up. He looked around lost for what to do, trying to suppress the growing panic in his gut. He was the leader. Even though Seunghyun was older, he was his responsibility. It was his job to fix things, only now he had no idea what to do. He forcefully held back the tears. He had to hold it together for the sake of the boys.

He looked at Daesung sitting next to Seunghyun with his eyes closed. G-Dragon was worried, he hadn't moved an inch and was still holding Seunghyun's hand tightly. What could he be thinking? G-Dragon wondered. It was probably nothing good. Perhaps he was praying? G-Dragon longed to share his burden with someone, but he knew it was impossible. It was a lonely life being the leader. Of course he was never completely alone. He was thankful for his boys, they were hardworking and strong and did their very best to help him in any way they could. But in the end, he was the one that had to answer for everything that happened. The fate of all of their lives was in his hands and his hands alone. No one but other leaders could understand the pressure involved, the constant feeling of having to protect your boys from the cruel side of life, but keeping them in check at the same time, trying to prevent them from doing something stupid, accidentally or on purpose. He had to know what was going on at all times not only in his own life, but in four others as well.

G-Dragon felt as the exhaustion threatened to overtake him. His eyes begged to be closed and transported into the oblivion of sleep. As his defenses got lower, almost giving in to his body's desire, a thought crossed his mind. 'If only I had a first aid kit'. A first aid kit! G-Dragon didn't know the exact standard contents of such a kit, but there would definitely be something of help in there. At least there would be painkillers, lowering the fever was a great concern of G-Dragon's. Sustaining this level of fever for too long a time would mean nothing good. There must've been a first aid kit on the plane. G-Dragon was sure of it. The only problem was to find it. It was no doubt lost somewhere at the bottom of the sea right now. The likelihood of finding it was very low, G-Dragon realized that. However, it was his best shot. Sitting here, staring at Seunghyun, wouldn't help anyone. Resolutely, he stood up and turned to face the vast sea. “First aid kit, where are you?” he whispered to himself, scanning the surface.

 

'..I'll work harder, I'll be kinder, I'll do anything you want me to. What do you want me to do? Just show me a sign and I'll do it! Please, just.. don't take Seunghyun away from me..' Daesung had his eyes squeezed shut, continuously sending his thoughts out into the universe with all his might, hoping against hope they would be heard.

 

“E.. S.. T.. there, done!” Junho said to himself as he finished his sand-masterpiece. He stood up to get a better overview over the last hour's hard work. He had drawn sand-portraits of all the members in 2PM. He drew Minjun as a fat piggy bank, almost exploding with money and next to him he wrote “Oink oink $$”. He giggled to himself as he marveled at how good it had turned out. Next to Minjun was OkCat with really nerdy glasses playing chess. Stepping on the chess board, ruining OkCat's game was Nichkhun in stick figure form, with a cape and a crown. Junho snickered as he imagined how annoyed Taecyeon would be if this happened for real. Pulling on Nichkhun's cape was a tiny baby chick. It had a bratty look on its tiny little face. Even though the cape was way too big for it to handle, it still did its best to yank it off of Nichkhun's back, trying to get his attention. Watching the whole debacle, laughing his off, was sand-Junho. He was dashing and cute, holding a beautiful little Channie-bunny, smiling his brightest. 'Junho is BEST' was written beside them.

 

“Ya!” Minjun pointed at the piggy bank, pretending to be seriously pissed off. Junho just smiled at him with the puppiest puppy eyes he could manage. He could see Minjun melting before him. Ha ha! It never failed to work. As Minjun laughed with him at the other caricatures, G-Dragon stumbled over OkCat, completely ruining it. “Hey! Do you know how much time it took to do this!” Junho yelled after him, hurt. Minjun held him back, watching concerned as G-Dragon wobbled towards the shoreline.

Minjun nodded his head in the direction of G-Dragon, indicating that Junho should follow him. They carefully tailed G-Dragon, watching his every move. Judging by the way he was walking, he looked like a confused drunk. As he entered the water, Minjun ran to stop him. G-Dragon looked really taken, his face was drawn and the dark circles under his eyes were threatening to take over the rest of his face. “What's up? What are you doing?” Minjun asked. “First... first..” G-Dragon trailed off, turning again towards the sea and taking another step. Minjun put his arm around him so he couldn't go any further. G-Dragon struggled to get free. “I've got to... I have to... first aid...” he said, desperately trying to break free but Minjun had no intention of letting him go. Despite his exhaustion, G-Dragon put up a good fight, so Junho joined Minjun in holding him back. Utterly drained, G-Dragon finally gave up and went completely limp, falling into the ankle-high water in which they were standing. Minjun gave Junho a look, asking him to leave them alone for a second. To Minjun's surprise, Junho got the hint and left without any fuss.

“Come on, buddy!” Minjun said, hoisting G-Dragon up. Minjun's muscles complained, G-Dragon wasn't as light as he appeared to be. Minjun put his arm around G-Dragon and led him out of the water and out of sight from the others. As soon as they were alone, G-Dragon collapsed to the ground and started to wail. His lean little body shook like crazy. For a moment Minjun just stood there, stunned. This was the great G-Dragon. The coolest of the cool, the trendiest of the trendy. The one that everyone in the industry looked up to. Now he was lying in the sand, crying so hard that his body almost couldn't handle it. Minjun's heart ached for him. He knew what he was going through, A few hours earlier, with Chansung lost and presumed dead, Minjun had been in his shoes. He crouched down and took G-Dragon in his arms, squeezing him tightly. G-Dragon hugged him back, crying even harder. Minjun patted his back, feeling a bit weird.

 

“I'm sorry.” G-Dragon whispered. He had stopped crying, but he still had a hard time getting the sobs under control. “You shouldn't have had to see this.” G-Dragon was looking at the ground, extremely embarrassed. “Oh come on! We're friends right?” Minjun punched him lightly in the shoulder. “Although, if I'd known you were such a crybaby... “ Minjun joked. G-Dragon snorted and looked up, relieved that Minjun had managed to make the atmosphere a bit less awkward.

“You don't look so good, dude.” Minjun frowned. “Yeah.. uhm... I haven't really drunken much today, we had so little water so..” G-Dragon admitted bashfully. Minjun was speechless. He grabbed G-Dragon's wrist and dragged him to where they kept the water supply. It was really just debris from the plane that was deep enough to hold some rain water. They were running critically low but Minjun didn't care. He raised the container up to G-Dragon's lips, G-Dragon shook his head at first but the feeling of water on his scorched lips was too appealing. His lips parted without him meaning to, the water felt heavenly on his dry tongue. He instantly felt better. Now he could really focus on Seunghyun with all he had. “We need to go search for a first aid kit from the plane.” he said determined. Minjun's face was a question mark and he only shrugged his shoulders.

 

G-Dragon wanted to gather up the 2PM boys to organize a first aid kit search but it was turning out to be impossible. As soon as he had managed to get the attention of one, all the others were strewn about, playing around and paying no attention to him anymore. G-Dragon took a deep breath before he made another attempt. Suddenly Seungri didn't seem such a handful. He hadn't said more than half a word when they all stood up and ran past him. “What the..?”, G-Dragon turned around and saw Yunho and Changmin dragging something together. They were pulling on the sleeves of Yunho's shirt. Yunho's bare chest was covered with pearls of sweat. G-Dragon couldn't help but admire him. He was majestically built, his well toned muscles popping out one after another as he dragged whatever it was further. G-Dragon couldn't help thinking that if he was a girl, Yunho was exactly the man he would want to marry. Tall, dark and handsome. A true prince charming.

Oh! On top of Yunho's shirt were watermelons! G-Dragon stood up and saw Doojoon, Yoseob and Kikwang with some watermelons too and.. and.. coconuts! It was a glorious sight. G-Dragon's stomach grumbled with joy.

 

As the 2PM boys came running to greet them, Yunho fished the banana out of his pocket, “Hey, Chansung! I heard you liked bananas. Here, catch!”. He threw the banana to Chansung, followed by a killer wink. Chansung, who had woken up not long ago, beamed as he swallowed the banana in one go, waving 'thank you' at Yunho, happy as a monkey. He turned to Nichkhun ecstatic, jiggling the banana peal teasingly in front of him. Nichkhun grabbed it grumpily and threw it in the direction of Yunho, missing him by far so Yunho was none the wiser.

 

Changmin stood still, watching sullenly as Chansung ate the banana he had so generously given Yunho. Yunho had just thrown it to Chansung like it was nothing.