First Aid

Stranded

Kikwang saw something out the corner of his eye. It was Dongwoon!! Dongwoon and Junhyung were pulling something and.. and unless his eyes betrayed him, he wasn't wearing a shirt. Why wasn't he wearing a shirt? It wasn't even sunny out and he was toast if he lost his shirt out here. Their clothes made the difference between alive and not so much alive, since they could both keep them warm, or at least warmer than being without them, as well as protect them from being burnt by the sun, if it would ever show its face again. “Kikwang!! Pay attention!” Doojoon yelled at him. They were trying to figure out how to transport all the melons they had found down to the shore. The melons were big and heavy, there was no way they could hold more than two each, if so much. Kikwang just pointed in the direction of Dongwoon and proceeded to take off his shirt. “What are you doing?!” Doojoon was used to Kikwang spontaneously taking his shirt off at concerts, and well, anywhere for that matter, but now? Really?

Kikwang laid the shirt on the ground and put a melon on it. “Oh, Kikwang, forget everything I've ever said about you, you're a genius!” Yoseob exclaimed. “Forget what? What did you say about me?” Kikwang asked warily. “Oh, ehhm.. nothing.” Yoseob tried to change the subject by making cutsie faces at him. Kikwang giggled. They kept loading melons on the shirt, but as it became clear they wouldn't all fit on one shirt, Doojoon pulled his off too in one fell swoop. Yoseob, that was still making silly faces to distract Kikwang, suddenly half-choked on his saliva and started coughing fiercely. “Are you okay?” Doojoon moved closer to him and his back a bit. “Not... helping...” Yoseob managed to say between coughs.

“Hey! Guys!”. It was Dongwoon, he had spotted them and came running over, leaving Junhyung behind with a shirt full of coconuts. The four of them danced a victory dance after they shared what they had found. “Should we... maybe just... have a tiny little taste?” Yoseob thought out loud, eyeing one of the melons. “No we can't.. what about the other guys?!” Kikwang answered, shocked. Doojoon exchanged looks with Yoseob and the two of them worked on getting Dongwoon on their side by lifting up one of the melons and waving it seducingly in front of his eyes. Dongwoon was about to cave.

“Don't you dare!” Yunho's deep nasal voice echoed around them. Yoseob looked around guiltily, not seeing Yunho anywhere. He was beginning to think his own conscience had taken the form of Yunho, echoing in his head, when Yunho came running. “Wow, good job guys!” he beamed at them. “Oh he he..it was.. it was nothing.” Kikwang blushed and looked away. Yunho dashed to help Junhyung bring the coconuts over, leaving Changmin behind. He just stood there, nodding awkwardly.

 

Hyunseung watched as the 2PM boys greeted Yunho and the rest cheerfully. They didn't greet him that cheerfully. Granted, he was standing in the back, behind everyone, but still. He was holding the coconut he had worked so incredibly hard to obtain, but nobody seemed to appreciate just how hard he had fought for it. Well, then he would just appreciate it twice as much himself.

 

Changmin noticed Taecyeon leaning in and whispering something into Yunho's ear. What was with everyone, trying to get Yunho's attention, slobbering all over him? Changmin couldn't really blame them. Standing there without his shirt, Yunho looked like a million bucks. He couldn't blame them, but that didn't mean he had to like it. Changmin watched as a drop of sweat traced the outline of the deep groove in the middle of Yunho's back. He found himself envying that drop of sweat as it trickled happily further down. Even though its life was short, dissolving into the elastic band of Yunho's boxers that stuck slightly out of his trousers, it was a simple life spent close to Yunho, quiet, yet intimate. Changmin liked the idea, perhaps a little too much.

Changmin knew he was in love with Yunho. He had known for years, and for the longest time he had tried his best at ignoring it, denying it, curing it, but no matter how stubbornly he tried to get rid of it, it only got stronger, growing with every single day. They had been through a lot together the two of them. Changmin wasn't sure which was a more effective fertilizer – the rough times or the good times. Yunho had been his rock through the rough times. He had incredible inner strength, Changmin admired him immensely. Yunho hadn't had the easiest of lives, having to work his off for every little thing, but look at where he was now and everything he had accomplished. One of the most successful stars in all of Asia. And the way he handled it was amazing, Changmin thought. He was graceful and confident, yet humble and kind. Changmin was none of those things. He often found it hard to handle all the obligations that came with their fame. They had to attend countless variety shows, interviews and fan meetings. Being spontaneous and outgoing weren't really Changmin's strong suits, so on days when Changmin was having a hard time, Yunho would act as their spokesman, wowing everyone around them. Changmin included. Changmin wasn't without his own qualities, he was well aware of that. He was smart and talented, quick witted and cute. His ego wasn't in any jeopardy, that much was for sure. But there were some things he preferred to leave to Yunho, life was just easier that way.

Changmin was a very stubborn person, but his love for Yunho was even more stubborn he had found out. It was here to stay. It had taken him a long time to accept it, but in the end he stopped struggling, allowing it to take over. Well, most days. He still had days like today, where he got infuriated by it, wishing it would take all its unwanted feelings and drown itself in the sea, never to be heard from again. He wouldn't miss it, not one bit. Why couldn't he just have eaten the banana happily. How could he throw it away like that, without any hesitation? There had been moments where Changmin could've sworn Yunho felt the same, but when they were over it was back into the forever alone corner for Changmin's heart. Maybe Changmin had been imagining things, thinking Yunho could ever love him back the way he loved him. After all, he had confessed to him on the plane and Yunho hadn't mentioned it at all since then. Not one gesture hinting that he liked him back. Nothing.

Maybe it was time to give up, to accept that Yunho would never be his and move on. Only, Changmin wasn't the type to just give up. No matter how high the obstacle, he was going to dominate it and wipe that grin of its face if it was the last thing he did. Yunho would be his, he just didn't know it yet.

 

Yunho froze up as Taecyeon told him about Seunghyun's situation. First Chansung, and now Seunghyun. Yunho just hoped their luck hadn't run out completely. He rushed over to where Seunghyun lay, still unconscious. This was bad. Very bad. Taeyang had found a curved piece of metal from the plane and filled it with water. Taecyeon had lent him his TY-mini-towel he'd had in his pocket and Taeyang soaked it repeatedly, placing it gently on Seunghyun's forehead in an attempt to lower his temperature. Yunho didn't have a good feeling about this. Seunghyun's color was way off and he was completely out of it.

“Yunho!” G-Dragon came running. He quickly explained his plan of diving for a first aid kit in the hopes that Yunho would buy it. “Hmm... it's a long shot. But we do need more containers to collect rain water and it looks like it's going to rain soon. And who knows what's down there, it wouldn't be a bad idea to collect as much stuff as we can, on the off chance it could be useful later on, like for building shelters and stuff. We can look for a first aid kit as well.” Yunho said, pensive. “Yeah.. let's do this!” he added decidedly. G-Dragon released the breath he had been holding, now they were getting somewhere.

 

Suddenly the sky fell, the rain poured down as if someone up there was emptying a very large bucket. “No! ! It's too soon! We need the water!” Yunho checked if the few containers they did have were positioned right, drinking his fill since they would fill up again anyway. Water had never tasted so good. He felt like a new man, his strength returning. He would've liked to eat a bit before heading out, but time was of the essence. He hurried over to where the 2PM boys were wrestling each other for the last piece of melon. “You, you and you, come with me!” Yunho said with authority as he pointed at Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Minjun. “I can come too.” Chansung offered. “I think it's best if you rest up after your ordeal, you've already been through a lot these past 24 hours.” Yunho said kindly. “I'm fine! Everyone's been through a lot, I want to help too.” Chansung protested earnestly. “Well, okay, we can use all the help we can get.” Yunho was genuinely impressed. He ruffled Chansung's hair a bit and headed over to Changmin.

“Look.” Yunho shouted to overcome the noise from the rain. “Seunghyun is not going to make it without a shelter, you've got to build the hut you were telling me about, and fast!” Yunho told him. Yunho could feel Changmin was a tad bid colder than usual. He sensed something was up, but then again something was often up with Changmin and he didn't have the time to deal with it now. “But..” Changmin began. Yunho was running out of time, “No buts! Just do it! Get the Beast boys to help you. You can do it!” Yunho patted his shoulder quickly and was on his way. Changmin just stood there in the rain, getting soaked to the bone in under a minute, watching Yunho run towards the sea.

 

“Why aren't you going with them?” Minjun asked Junho surprised. “What do you mean?” Junho asked confused. “Yunho pointed at you to go with them to do the rescue-thingy.” Minjun was completely serious. “Wait.. no.. he pointed at you!” Junho protested. “Wooyoung-ah, who did Yunho point at?” there was a slight smirk detectable on Minjun's face. “Junho.” Wooyoung answered matter of factly. “But..” Junho was caught unaware by this sudden ambush. It was two against one, there was no way he could win without a good comeback, but he could think of nothing. He pouted at Minjun, who appeared unaffected. Why wasn't it working? It usually worked. He stood up sulkily, joining the team of scavengers getting ready to enter the ocean. He watched sullenly at the spot where his drawing had been, the rain already having washed it away.

 

Wooyoung came running towards them, “Hey, let's make it a contest! Whoever brings back the most stuff wins, extra points for useful stuff or food. I'll be the judge!” he declared grinning.