She Who's Like a Mom

Himchan, Herchan, YongChan

The smell of cooking food wakes the boys from their naps. One by one, they climb out of their bunk beds and walk into the kitchen. First Daehyun, instantly drooling just at the scent. Next was Jongup, Zelo, Youngjae, and finally Yongguk. They watch amusedly as Himchan, pink apron and all, happily makes dinner.

Himchan looks over at them and smiles. "I thought this would get you all out of bed. Are you finally awake or just sleep-walking?" She giggles.

They stay silent and just stare at her tiredly for a little bit.

"What?" Himchan asks confusedly.

"That is just so weird." Daehyun says, rubbing his face, trying to wake up.

Still, Himchan just looks at Daehyun confused.

"Waking up to having a woman cooking for us. It's really weird, we're not used to it." Youngjae explains.

"Oh." Himchan frowns a bit and gets back to cooking.

Seeing her sad face Youngjae bites his lip. He hadn't meant to make her feel bad. But Jongup steps up, walking towards the cooking member and putting a hand on her shoulder. He looks at the food in the pan curiously.

"What are we having for dinner?" Jongup asks, a smile on his face.

"I thought I'd make a stir fry." Himchan smiles back at him.

"Will there be cherry tomatoes?" Zelo asks curiously, sitting on the counter opposite the stove.

"I bought some. I think I'll put them in a salad for a side dish." Himchan answers him.

Daehyun opens the fridge, looking inside. "You went grocery shopping?" The fridge was packed.

"Yeah, the fridge was looking pretty empty so I figured I'd do that while everyone was sleeping, and then cook dinner."

Youngjae looks in the cupboards, and chuckles seeing them packed as well. "You bought all this food and didn't need help carrying it all?"

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I lost all of my muscles." Himchan flexes her slim arm and chuckles. "Though I'm not very menacing any more, am I?"

"You were never menacing to begin with." Jongup laughs.

As the younger members all fool around and finish making dinner, Yongguk watches smiling. Just because Himchan is suddenly a girl, doesn't mean anything has to change. She may not be able to perform with them in this state, or be active in the group's activities, but the friendship between all of the members will never change.

Himchan tells Zelo to start making the salad, and the maknae does just that. He grabs the lettuce and other things Youngjae is instructing him to put in there, sneaking a couple cherry tomatoes when nobody is looking (Yongguk saw everything). Himchan tries flipping the stir fry like a chef. She acts like she's a pro, trying to teach Daehyun the 'right techniques' until she nearly spills it all onto the floor. Figuring she doesn't want to ruin dinner, Himchan decides it's probably best if she stops as everyone laughs at her.

"Hey, don't laugh. That could've turned out really bad. What if I burned myself or something, huh?" Himchan pouts.

"The more important question here is 'What would we do for dinner?'" Daehyun says, making Himchan punch him in the arm. "Ow." he rubs his arm, "Seriously, you're a girl but you hit hard." he complains.

"Like I told you, I may be a girl now but I didn't lose all of my muscle." Himchan grins, and then looks back down at the dinner she's cooking. "I think it's done." He turns off the stove and looks over at the table. "Nobody set up the table." she pouts.

"I got it." Jongup says, grabbing the plates from the cupboard and starting to set them down at the table. Zelo joins and grabs the silverware.

"Good slaves." Himchan giggles. "Now what does everyone want to drink?" She asks, opening the fridge.

"Did you get any pop?" Zelo asks.

"Yes, but you can have milk for dinner, it's healthier." Himchan says, bringing out a jug of milk and grabbing some glasses.

"Then why give us an option?" Zelo pouts.

"I was testing you. You failed." Himchan hands Zelo a glass of milk. The maknae just sighs, taking it.

The stir fry is set in the middle of the table, along with the salad and some rice (which Youngjae had made, since Himchan forgot). Himchan poured everyone a glass of milk, and they finally were all sitting down eating their dinner. It was silent the entire time, everyone just enjoying the meal that they made together.

"Ahh~ I'm stuffed." Daehyun says when he's finished, stretching out his arms.

"Not too full for desert, I hope." Himchan says, smiling.

Daehyun looks at her surprised. "Dessert? We had ice cream earlier, are you trying to make us fat?"

"We're working hard and constantly sweating 24/7 anyway, a bit of fattening food won't make that much of a difference. Besides, since when have you worried about that." Himchan asks the younger quizzically, raising a brow at him.

Not really having an answer for that himself, Daehyun just shrugs. 

"Exactly." Himchan gets up, walking to the fridge. She opens it and digs to the back, pulling something out before coming back to the table. Most of the members were done eating anyway, so she happily put it on the table, replacing it with the salad bowl, and takes off the cover. And with Daehyun's excited expression Himchan smiles proudly. "Happy?"

Daehyun nods and takes a piece of the cheesecake before him silently, taking a bite with a grin. Then a thought occurs to him. "You spent all that money shopping today, how did you afford all of this food?" he asks, after swallowing a bite.

"Oh, right." Himchan says and then she gives a sheepish smile. "Yongguk, I kind of borrowed your wallet."

The leader coughs on a bite of cheesecake, surprised by the sudden confession and looks at the younger with wide eyes. He covers his mouth and coughs a couple more times, as the other members chuckle at him. Himchan grabs her backpack and takes out Yongguk's wallet, giving it back to him. The leader takes it back and looks inside. There was barely anything in there and he sighed.

"Didn't you think to ask first?" Yongguk asks. He wasn't mad. Making him mad was difficult, it took quite a bit.

Himchan shrugged, her long hair moving with her shoulders, feeling a bit guilty. "I guess I didn't think of that. You were already fast asleep and I figured you wouldn't mind."

Yongguk didn't really have the heart to scold her, so he just sighed again and nodded. "It's alright. We needed food, these guys eat like pigs."

They all just nod, not insulted in the least.