Not An Update (kinda)

Himchan, Herchan, YongChan

To those of you who who have subscribed to this story only to not receive an update in well over a year I want to apologise. I'm aware that many of my original subscribers have most likely given up on this story yet there are a few who are even subscribing when they most likely know how long it has been since I have updated last and I truely appreciate that you still have faith in this story.

The truth is, I didn't know exactly where I was going with this story from the very beginning. I had an idea and started typing it up without a game plan and for that, those of you who have enjoyed this story enough to subscribe to it have suffered. And so I would like to make up for that.

I may not have ideas on where to go next in this story but I would like to think that some of you do. So instead of me comig up with it on my own, I want help fom you guys! Where do you think I should go with this? What are some funny things you would add to spice it up and make it the romcom I originally intended it to be? I'm not even sure this is a good idea but I think it's better than nothing at all!! And our boys are coming back, so I feel like this story needs to start moving forward again.

Send me some ideas through the comments or message me and maybe I'll put them in! I can't promise if your idea will be added but because I have little to nothing on my own I'd say you have a pretty good chance. Inspire me!!

And here's the beginning of the chapter I had been working on, just because it's been so long. Again, I'm so sorry!! I hope you guys can inspire me some!!

(p.s this is a little more angsty than the romcom that most of the story is;;; )


 

Something in Yongguk had changed after the day in the practice room, and Himchan knew it. Himchan and the rest of the group had seen enough of Yongguk's odd behavior to realize that for some reason, it seemed like he had become shy. Nobody understood why or even how Yongguk had become so awkward with his words and actions, but he had. And it was so unlike him, the other members had started whispering to each other when he wasn't around. The whispering and talking was not vicious in any way, rather it was cautious. Questioning. What happened to make their leader suddenly stumble with his words?

"Himchan can you-" Yongguk's words were cut off when he walked into the kitchen and saw Himchan and Jongup whispering to each other. Their faces were close, Himchan's small frame leaning against the counter with Jongup in front of her. Yongguk's deep voice- although they were used to it by now- startled them into silence, looking over at him. But the leader saw the guilty-looking expression on Himchan's face, and somehow that bothered him even more than their close proximity to each other. He already knew those two were close, but was Himchan guilty of something? Did she do something to be guilty of? Yongguk knew Himchan well enough to know that the younger seemed to look like she had done something to him. But what could that be?

Himchan pushes herself away from the counter, gently pushing Jongup farther away with a hand to his chest. "Can I...?" Himchan asks cautiously, her eyes flickering to Jongup and back at Yongguk. Jongup just scratched his head and walked past Yongguk and out of the kitchen, a slight frown on his face.

What were those two up to? Yongguk questions himself, running the picture of them together through his head again. "I was going to ask you if you could pick up some medicine while you're out. My stomach has been feeling a bit queasy lately."

A sense of worry and regret washes over Himchan as she looks at Yongguk with wide eyes. Here she had just been talking about how strange their leader had been acting to Jongup behind his back, and Yongguk is having problems with his stomach. Himchan takes a couple of large steps right up to Yongguk, reaching up and feeling the leader's head with the back of her hand in worry, "Are you alright? Are you sure it's just your stomach or do you have other symptoms? Did you eat anything weird? When did you eat last, should I make you some soup?"

The worry is so obvious in all of Himchan’s words and actions, the way her hand presses softly against Yongguk’s forehead and cheek with needless questions. It assures Yongguk more than he’d like to admit, despite having questions of his own just moments before.

Shaking his head slightly and watching her closely, Yongguk mutters a soft ‘I’m fine’. Himchan sees the way his mood goes soft, quiet, caring. So different than his almost apprehensive stance when he first came in. Yongguk’s shoulders have softened, his muscles relaxed, more so than the past couple of days. The sudden softer appearance give Himchan a small bout of confidence, and the younger looks into Yongguk’s dark eyes.

“Why have you been acting strange?”

It was a question that had to be asked eventually, the leader had been so out of it lately that it was distracting the rest of them as well. But Yongguk didn’t expect it, he had been too absorbed in his own thoughts once more. His stance was again tense and uninviting and Himchan winced slightly, feeling bad for bringing something up that the leader might not be comfortable talking about. He had been so calm for a moment, and Himchan had instantly broken the warmth emitting from him.

“I’m s--”

“Have I really been acting differently?” Youngguk’s alarmed question cuts off Himchan’s apology, the smaller nodding her head slowly. With a soft ‘tsk’ and running his hand through his hair Yongguk shakes his head again, turning slightly to move out of the kitchen. “I’m sorry. I’ll stop acting weird.”

“Oh, um, alright-” Himchan stutters, straightening out her hair and sighing. She was hoping for a reason rather than an apology and a promise. “I’ll just go pick up some medicine for your stomach then, if that’s all you needed.

Yongguk gives a little hum in answer, but instead of leaving the kitchen Himchan stares at the taller man in more confusion.

“But why?”

Himchan’s questions wakes Yongguk from his own thoughts and he looks at Himchan, not fully processing the question.

“Is it really nothing? Why have you been acting so differently?”

Opening his mouth and closing it, Himchan can see Yongguk contemplating his answer. “It’s nothing.”

“You’re lying.”

“Himcha-”

“Stop lying to me.”

For once Himchan isn’t focused on the confusion, he just feels hurt. Yongguk’s never lied to him before, but he knows something is up yet Yongguk isn’t telling him. Himchan takes a big breath, straightening out her shirt with little bunnies on it and suddenly feeling very uncomfortable.Yet as Himchan is feeling very small and powerless next to Yongguk, Yongguk sees his friend fidgeting and feels the strength to admit something he didn’t think he would.

“I think I’m in love.”

Himchan freezes. She can feel her blood run cold and she looks up at Yongguk with wide chocolate orbs and she just walks right past him, not wanting to hear any more.

“Himchan, wait-”

“I’m going to go get that medicine. You don’t have to tell me , Yongguk, I think I’ve heard enough.”

Yongguk hears the door click open and close while he remains in the threshold of the door. Youngjae comes walking up, giving the leader a light pat on the shoulder before continuing his way into the kitchen and opening up the fridge.