She Who's Confused

Himchan, Herchan, YongChan

For some reason, Himchan had a bit more trouble finding the small shop then she did yesterday. Her memory seemed almost foggy, but she managed to find her way.

Opening the door, the familiar blast of incense hits her and she crinkles her nose- once again- at the smell. And at that moment, she decides she never plans on entering this place again. Ever. Not only was the owner crazy, but that smell was bound to kill her if she comes back here a third time.

"Kim Himchan?" The old lady's voice comes from behind the beads again. "So you're back, are you ready to give me the apology I asked for?" She comes through the beads, walking to the same seat she sat in last time and sitting down. She motions for Himchan to sit down as well.

Himchan, fuming by the door, doesn't move from her spot. "Did you turn me into a girl?" She accuses.

She smirks, an odd sight on an old wrinkled face like hers. "I did, young one. I thought it was the best way I could heal your heart."

"Don't give me that 'heart healing' crap. I'm a man. This body isn't mine. You need to turn me back." she's angry, but a strong worry is in her tinkling voice.

The old lady frowns, hearing and feeling how distraught she is about the situation. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

Himchan looks at her with wide eyes. "What?"

"Only you can break this spell. I'm terribly sorry, but this is something you have to do on your own."

"And how am I supposed to do that?" she asks angrily.

"It's a riddle that you yourself must find the answer to."

"And If I can't? What do I do then? If I can't turn back to normal I could lose my entire career, my best friends. Then what would happen to me?" her anger is crumbling, turning into desperation. This is crazy. Something like this shouldn't be possible, but it's happening. Right here, right now. Himchan has turned into a girl. One thing he definitely never thought he would be. And something she needs to fix quickly, before her world crumbles.

"You are strong, Kim Himchan. I placed this spell on you because I believe you can break it. I'm not one to do things without reason, nor put people in a situation that they can't get out of. I'm here to help, not harm."

Himchan looks at her incredulously. "So I have to break a curse when I have no clue how? Are you bull-ting me? Where would I even start?" she asks, swinging her arms around angrily and desperately. Her long hair flies around with her movement.

"Just think of the fairy tails, and you will find the answer to your riddle. I wish you good luck Himchan."

"Wha-" Himchan stops speaking and looks around.

She's in front of their dorms.

"What the hell-?" Himchan looks around, a few people looking at her oddly. Did she imagine all of that entire thing? Did she somehow transport her here?

A couple of young men a few feet away look at her with goofy grins. One of them slightly elbows the other and nods towards the confused looking Himchan, and walks towards her with friend close behind.

"Hey, beautiful. Want to go have some fun?" The taller one grins.

Himchan looks at him like he's crazy. "Gross, are you in some cliche movie trying to pick up girls like that? Shove your down your friend's throat, don't pick up random girls to do it for you."

The first emotion that ran across the guys face was shock. But quickly, it turned into pure anger. His friend had the same expression.

Seeing the man's fury, Himchan remembers just how vulnerable she really is. As a man, she might've had a chance against these two. But being the girl she is, though it pains her so, she doesn't have the slightest chance against the two before her. They aren't exactly big, but neither is Himchan. And it's not like she knows how to fight. Although, if she was a man, she would never have gotten into this situation.

"!" He goes to grab her arm, but is quickly intercepted when Himchan is pulled away into somebody else's arms behind her.

Feeling the strong chest against her back surprises Himchan, and the arm that wraps around her torso protectively is just as odd. But the warmth is somehow familiar and comforting, so she does nothing to escape from it.

"Back off."

With that, the two men's eyes go wide and they do as he told them, running away. The deep voice also reveals just who it is, and only now does Himchan tense up.

Yongguk is holding her protectively, strong arm around her waist, even though the danger was gone. And Himchan couldn't help but feel her face get hot, her cheeks flaring red. It took Yongguk a second to realize that he was still holding on to Himchan, and when he did he quickly let go, covering his own red face with his hand.

"We should go back inside." He says awkwardly, not waiting for Himchan's reply and walking in.

Himchan hesitates for a second before catching up with him in the elevator. "Hey, uh, thanks for your help out there." When Yongguk doesn't answer she continues, "I would have been in trouble if you hadn't been there. I guess I should have thought before I said that, but I'm just used to being a man... It's weird, you know. Not being one." Himchan goes quiet, and when the elevator dings and the doors open Yongguk finally sighs while they get out.

"You're lucky I heard you leave before i fell asleep. You never told me you were planning on leaving, so I followed you out. But you just stood outside in a daze until those two idiots showed up a couple minutes later."

"Wait, what? I was just standing outside?" Himchan asks.

Yongguk looks at her just as confused as Himchan is. "Yeah, is something wrong?"

"Oh. Yeah, nothing's wrong. I was just going out for some fresh air, I guess I lost track of time." she tries to give a reassuring smile.

She had been to see the fortune teller, she was sure of it. So what had happened? It's not like time just froze, for everyone but her. Did she really just imagine it? Was it the fortune teller's tricks? Himchan shakes her head as Yongguk opens the door in front of him. It must have been the fortune teller, messing with her. But was what happened true? Did she really need to follow the riddle and get herself out of this?

 


A/N: Hehehe BangHim moment x3 I noticed there was 69 subscribers so I had to update. ILYGSM <3 Thanks for subscribing, and commenting. I love seeing all of those comments