Success

Infection

Jiyoon's POV

I can't believe I just saved that girl, even worst I got the bullet...... this is not what I've planned.....

I managed to dragged my body far from the scene but unfortunately I think I have lost too much blood, I won't make it ... it is clear no one would dare to help me... 

-Hey!...

I heard a girl calling, for an instant I thought it was the human I saved....... she was standing in front of me, I realized she was the other girl... I thought she had escaped...

-...You?.........

-...You saved me, you're like me aren't you?........................ and....... you're hurt.....

I hate when people see me vulnerable like now, just because I'm hurt doesn't mean I'm weak.... I tried my best to standing on my feet but my body had no energy left to keep walking...

-..... it'.. it's nothing.......

Without warning, I suddenly collapsed...... no matter ho hard I try  just couldn't get on my feet.... I was tired as hell...

-..Watch out, here let me help you.....

-......Why are you helping a stranger?......

-tsk........ you tell me, I'm just returning the favor, besides... since I got sick I''ve been a loner... I'm glad I found someone like me, *sighs*.... I just feel bad for Brad, I mean those bastards!... they took him away from me, I knew this would happen some day, I told him to leave before they find us but he just wouldn't listen to me..

-I'm sorry.............I couldn't......... save you both.....

-...it's not your fault............ by the way, I'm Chaerin..... my friends used to call me CL

-...ughh... you can call me Jiyoon....

For some reason God doesn't want me to leave this world yet, CL just made things more easier thant I thought..... she wrapped my arm around her shoulders  and held my waist 

-...Nice to met you, then where should I take you?......

-..... There's an abandoned warehouse outside of town...  but I don't I can make it, I'm still bleeding....

Cl stayed quiet like if she was thinking of something, I was curious about her thoughts.... 

-... Then let's look for a pharmacy, I'm pretty sure there was one nearby..

it seemed to be the best idea so far excpet for the fact that cyborgs would be patroling the street in anytime, yeah .. goverment courtesy, after they solved "the problem" they thought it would be better patroling the city every night to keep people out of danger..

-...It's almost midnight, we won't make it.... if one of them catchs us, it'll be the end for both....

-Then I'll go, you stay here.....  promise I'll come back ok?...

-....If don't make it, just tun away...

-.. You'll live... just hang on...

I wasn't scared of dead...... but I wouldn't stop thinking about my sickness, how long it's been since I lost control?

I watch as CL  walked away,  I hope she make it..... can't tell for how long 'll be able to breath,  feel like I can't move......and you know what's funny?.... a simple human would be the cause of my death *chuckles* .... Jiyoon deep inside  you want to be like them again.......

30 minutes later...

I was feeling even more weak as time passes, what f something happened to CL, ugh...  knew it wasn't the best idea, my vision started to get blurry....

-Jiyoon!!......

My senses were betraying me,  I swear  I heard someone yelling my name.....

-Jiyoon!!.... 

I could barely hold my eyes open,  recognize CL's voice.... she was shaking my body violently but I swear I couldn't feel my legs, out of nowhere I lost my consiousness.. I was pretty sure it was my dead sentence..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gayoon's POV

-Jinjja Gayoon?.... tsk, c'mon you're kidding!... You almost got me keke...

-... Soyu, I swear I'm not lying!! it's true, you didn't notice because you were drunk!!..

I told Soyu what happened last night, as expected she didn't believe me... neither my father, oh and by the way I'm grounded, I can forget about my salary till next two months ..... oh and I must do extra hours helping my dad at the office U.U.... aigoo it's unfair!!..

-Yah, stop kidding!..... seriously you were drunk as well Gayoon, just forget about it!....

I walked around my room tryng to relive the event, I know someona saved me from that bullet...... it was a girl, she was hurt... but it doesn't explain how did she manage to move so fast and how she dissappeared... it's not, normal.....

-I told you I wasn't!!...

I still feel concerned, Soyu walked over me and held my shoulders..... I lift my gaze to find with hers, her eyes were telling me everything, she thought I was crazy..... tsk.............. of course she thinks so, who would believe my story huh?.. being saved by a mysterious girl who results to be a superhero?.....

*beep* *beep*

-your phone......

She grabbed it from my purse and handed to me, I saw the ID caller............

-Hyuna??......

-unnie?.... I hope you still remember the party, I think I'll confess to oppa ...*giggles*

-..... what?!!!..... really?... omooooo... of course I must be present!, are you sure about it Hyuna?...

-Positive!.. keke.. I'm confident of myself unnie,  think Hyunseung oppa likes me back kkeke...

mm.. to tell the truth, I 've always noticed sometmes Hyunseung steal glances from Hyuna... whenever we are paintng or something, he always keeps starmg at hyuna when she's not aware of it...

-... I think you may be right Hyuna, I wish luck and I promise I'll be there keke...

-yay!!!... gomawo unnie! I'll be waiting..

-ok, see ya there...

After I hung up Soyu wouldn't stop looking at me with an "ARE YOU SEROUS?"  face...

-..what?....

-Gayoon, you still planning to go to that party after what happened?.....

-so?.... you were the one who got drunk not me.....

-...if you weren't drunk then how do you explain the things you saw huh??.....

*sighs*, I took a deep breath and sat beside her.... this is the last time  say this... 

-.. I've already told you Soyu, please I need someone who believes me.. I swear of  my grandfther's grave that I what I saw was real......I almost die last night, if it weren't for tha girl who saved me I wouldn't be here...

She still had the same expression, I guess I didn't convince her... pft...

-...ok, I'm sorry.... it's just that.......... it's hard to believe what you are saying, I mean If I said to you that I was abducted by aliens in my childhood, would you believe me??....

Touché......

-...mmm I guess not...... but ....... I can't stay foing nothing, I need to find her....

-what?...... how are you expecting to do that??.. and why do you need her?.

-....Remember the disease that spread all over the world a couple years ago?....

-...of course, we were lucky but still no one said a word about it.... we don't know where it came from....

-Exactly, and remeber how the infected ones acquired some habilities... and I mean EXTRA-ordinary ones.... I think, she was one of them......

After 5 seconds she burst out laugh, I realized she wasn't taking me serious..... It's a waste of time to talk if she doesn't believe me....

-YAH!... I'm serious...

-....hahaha..... Gayoon... the goverment took care of them, they are all dead... we're safe now

-You know what?.... forget it Soyu, I'll find her by myself...

I grabbed my clothes and went to shower without exchange any word with her, I locked the bathroom's door and kept ignoring her calls.....

If no one wants to help me, then I'm all alone....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umbrella Enterprises....

The next day, umbrella received an unexpected visitor......

-Good morning, I'd like to speak to Dr. Jacob O'connor....

-..ma'am, Dr. Jacob is not avaiable

-... I'm Choi Ji Na, Vice President of Onix Tec.....If Jacob is not avaiable for me, then I'll have to call the CEO and tell him how D. O'connor couldn't recieved me properly...

-...um... o-okay, let me speak to him...

The lady called Jacob's office, someone picked up but t wasn't O'connor but MinYoung......

MinYoung was surprised by the sudden visit from Onix Tec, they weren't expecting them to be here son soon, she allowed Ji Na to meet her at Jacob's office...

-5th floor at the end of the hallway...

-...thank you very much....

Ji Na followed the lady's instructions till she spotted the young lady MinYoung waiting inside, Ji Na was expectng to see Jacob but unfortunately he wasn't there yet, it seems after his experiment failed he didn't want to talk to anyone.....

-...I'm Park MinYoung, sorry if Jacob can't come but Dr. Wilson is avaiable to answer all your questions...

-...is he in charge?....

-...for now yes....

-Perfect, I need to speak to him........

MinYoung and Ji Na headed to the lab where wilson was checking on Dara's corpse... that's right, he ignored jacob's orders and asked her team to bring her back... he wanted to know the reason why Jacob keep her alive this years

-...why are you so special to him?.......- he asked to no one..

Wilson's thought were interrupted by the two ladies

-Wilson, someone here wants ..............................what is going on here??..- MinYoung had no idea about Wilson's plan, she noticed Dara's corpse placed again on the table

-..MinYoung!..... I'm working here, I told you not to come..

-Yeah and I know why you didn0t want me here... Jacob said...

-Who cares what Jacob said?, don't you want to know why did he keep her alive this long?.... why is she so important?....

Ji Na watched both arguing, she didn't even bother to interrupt.... what they didn't notice, was the dead girl coming back to life....

-.. it doesn't matter!, you shoud have done what he said!!!.... it's over wilson

-OMG! SHE'S NOT DEAD!!!!.....- another guy yelled..

Dara had come back to life, which seemed to be impossible.... but life surprises us with things that are beyond our understanding.....

-..What's happening?!.... Dr. Wilson I demand an explanation!

Dara was released and there was no one who could stop her, each member was surounding her..... Wilson tried to approach her but she stepped back

-....it worked......- he mumbled but was enough to be heard by Ji Na

-... what are you talking about?!....

-....the....the experiment......- Minyoung was surprised as well, her eyes never leaving Dara's body...

Dara didn' understand what was happening at the moment, she only wanted to fine her little brother....

-....W-W-Where...........I-I-Is............ he??.....

No one dared to give an answer, a big silence enveloped the room........... Staff members tried to get a bit closer to her but she was faster enough to grabbed the needle besdide the table..... she hold it in front of her preparing to attack in any time soon...

Let me tell you Ji na wasn't just a simple Vice President always working behind a desk doing paperwork, she had a deep secret carrying with her... 

Choi Jina was abandoned by her parents when she was 7 years old, she didn't have a great childhood either... after 4 years living with adoptive parents, she realized she didn't want to be a helpless child... she ran away from home and trained herself for 7 years....

-...DROP IT!!!!...- Ji Na pulled out a fire gun and pointed at Dara....

-..WHAT THE HELL?!...... WHO ARE YOU?!.....- Wilson asked ..

-....Vice president of Onix Tec.... finally I got your attention, let's have this conversiton after this...

JiNa loaded her gun, she was ready to shoot before Wilson stepped on her way.....

-What the hell are you doing?!...

-.....that girl....... is why you're her for, I can't let you kill her.....

-.... are you saying.... she's........ the one that O'connor talk about...... this is the secret project??....

*nods*....

-You gotta be kidding!..... out of my way.....

Dara took this chance to make her move, she stuck the needle to one of the members and ran away..... her habilities became even better, she was able to make it to the hallway where the elevator was located.....

-WE CAN'T LET HER LEAVE THIS BUILDING!!!

-...... you see what have you done!!- JiNa yelled at Wilson....

MinYoung made the alarm sound alerting everyone inside the bulding to  not let the woman go, security guards were on their way....

JiNa also went after her

-OMG, she's gonna kill her!!! - MinYoung said even more worried....

On the other hand, Dara managed to avoid the securty guards.... she had already left the 4th floor, instead of going down to the lobby, she went up till she reach 9th floor.... she semed to be looking for something before she leaves...

JiNa noticed where the lift was going and used the stairs holding her gun......

-You won't run away that easly from me.....- she mumbled...

After she reached 9th floor as well, she spotted the girl messing up the whole room, the most important files are stored inside...

JiNa carefully ponted her gun at her till she found the perfect moment to shoot......

*Crack*

Dara noticed the unvited person and hid herself before she could shoot....

-Damn it!...

One of the workers was passing by checking each room, he found the source of the problem when he saw the woman hiding behind the drawers...

-Hey!!!......don't move!!!....

Out of sudden, an idea popped out in JiNa's mind, she thought of the worker as a distraction...

Since the man wasn't carrying any weapon, Dara knocked him down in a blink but he had already alerted security,,,

She completely forgot about JiNa for a moment, the sound of the alarm made her even more nervous... without thinking she left the room, the elevator had been taken by the securty system, she was forced to use the stairs till she reached the last floor....

She was thinking of a way to escape, or maybe she should just stay quiet till the rest stop looking...... after a couple of minutes thinking about it, she chose to confront them since she's capable of anything....

*Ring*

The elevator's bell sound indicating the door would open ....

Dara didn't had tme to react when surprisingly JiNa came out holdng her gun...

-Sweet dreams.....

*BAM*

*BAM*

JiNa Shoot twice at dara's body, the poor girl collapsed on the floor ....

The securty cameras grabbed everything, in short time... Wilson and Minyoung along with the rest of the team reached the 9th floor 

-...No!!... what have you done!!!

-...I didn't kill her if that's what you're wondering, you should thank me instead.....

JiNa was telling the truth, actually the bullets did not affect any vital organ... the girl was still alive, knowing this Wilson and MinYoung felt relieved...

*sighs*....- thanks for not klling her...

-...You still owe me a better explanation....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyoon's POV

-mmm............

Surely I'm dead or something, the last I remember...... I saw CL running towards me and yelling my name, then I passed out......

*splash*

....... wait a second, why do I feel something wet on my forehead??....... what's tha sound?.... 'm starting to think I'm not dead yet....

*splash*

I slowly opened my eyes.. still had a blurry vision but after I blinked a couple of times I saw a strange figure.... I was so sure it wasn't CL.... this person had dark short hair....

I sat abruptly getting her attention......

-...Finally you're awake.....

-....w-w-who are you?........... CL, where's she?...... what did you do to her?!!...

-..easy, easy.....- she walked over me with a glass of water ....

-What do you want?......

-I'm just trying to help .... so stay calm.....

-...but.......ouch!!!!.....- I totally forgot I got shot...

-....no, don't move!.......- she slightly pushed me to lay down

-.......you.......you did this?....................

-...yes, my father was a doctor...... at least I could learn somethng from him.....

.......................................................................

-.....who.... who are you for real?....................