It all begins

Infection

June 4th, 2040. Happy Birthday to me, It's been 10 years since I've been living like this, hiding from the society. I wonder if y parents are sitll alive, I can't imagine how much they suffered since I left without telling anyone.

My contidion is getting worst, as ach day passes by, I feel less human. I don't know what kind of sickness is this but I can tell it's worst than any other sickness I know. My existence depends on needles, yes like you heard...... "needles", I found out secondary effects in my system, I feel like dying so "we" take this antidote called elixir to survive. My provider is an old man who's infected as well, I know about him 'cause he was all over the news, newspapers etc.... He was testin a new kind of serum forpeople like us but all his experiments failed, the authorithies closed his lab and ended unemployee but he never stopped looking for the cure. Months later he got infected by someone else, luckily his apartment was like his own lab and that's how hr created the elixir. I was lucky to find him, he decide to help me.

I only know him, I can't let the rest og the humans see me, not even my old friends I used to have.

My name is Jeon Jiyoon, I'm 23 years now..... I'm a loner in this world, despite the fact I'm living in a place where advanced machines predominate, scientifics gave up fo finding the cure, they thought it was more easier to exterminate the infected ones so the populations on't be in risk. I know right, it !!..... the ing goverment killing it's own people, you know what they say........ "kill a few to save the whole world"

Sometimes whe I need, I tend to disguise as a human and take a look around the city, I jut need to hide my fangs right? and my eyes change into a tone of violete so Inever forget to wear my sunglasess. I can imagina what you must be thinking, That I'm some kind of vampire?........... the truth is, I'm too far from being a vampire, I don't kill people and drink their blood but I have some supernatural habilities..... and wanna know the wors part?..........

Sometimes I have this crisis episodes where I become like a stranger and lose control of myself, the reaason why this happens............................................... I honestly don't know.

-I see you're back....

-I need more elixir, when are you gonna find the cure?

-It's not that simple, this is my apartment, I need a real lab and your blood tests aren't enough Jiyoon... there's still people out there

-That's impossible, remember when umbrella managed to clean the city?.... there's no way someone could survive..

-Don't be so sure, that's what they wanted us to think but the reality is that they are experimenting with them, umbrella won't let go this opportunity so easily..

Some people managed to hide from them, they're out there waiting for some kind of hope to release them. Jiyoon I need to ask you something..... and I hope you agree...

-What is it?

- find them, I know I'm aslking too much but we need to stay together and besides we need more blood tests..

-Doc, you know I'm a loner..... I prefer to be alone 'cause I don't want to be attached to anyone....

-Make an effort Jiyoon please....... It's the only way to save us........ you want the cure yes or no?

-*sighs*................ ok, I'll do my best.... but how am I supposed to find them?

-Try searching in the darkness.......... by the way, here's your equipment...- He handed me a pair of black boots, a black tight jeans with a silver belt included, straps shirt and a black trench coat.

-Emm..... why do I need all of this?

-To survive...

-What?........ is there something you haven't told me??

-Remember I told you about umbrella recluting infected people?.................... well... they're still looking for them, they know there are a lot out there, this is just for precaution so you can defend yourself..

-Is that all?

-Just one more..... I'll leave this place,  it's too dangerous for me to stay, I'll send you a message when I install in my shelter..

-ok?...

-Good luck Jiyoon... I'm counting on you

-I'll try doc....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 5th 2040, Another ordinary and boring day, *sighs* I think I miss my old days in school..... yeah I know how it sounds but I mean.... my father forced me to work for him at Heo's company, more specific, I'm the vice-president there, honestly I wanted to become an artist, I love painting it's one of my dreams but my parents seems to think it's a waste of time, my whole career was based on business administraion, yeah it !...... but hey now I can afford it, I'm attending to one of the most prestige school of arts in Korea, of course my parents don't know anything, they will kill me  if they knew, I'm trying to follow my dream is that something bad?. I feel like no one understands me, even my friends told me about being crazy choosing painting as my career, the said working for my parents business suits me well but I doubt it.

-Good morning Miss Gayoon...

-Hey Haneul

-Breakfast is ready, your father told me to give you this

-umm.... a dress?... what is this for?...

-Well, he said the company has an important meeting with the CEO of Cyclone corporations.

I got frozen as soon as I heard the word Cyclone..

-But they are our competition, why did my father agreeto this?

-Sorry miss, I don't know but he wants you to be present...

Damn it!!!..... what is he thinking?!!!........ something doesn't smell good in here....... my father would never agree to this, he hates Cyclone corporations since they stole his project last year.. my father sue them and won the case but let's just say he doesn't trust the at all....

HEO CORPORATIONS.....

-Good morning vice.president- each worker greeted me witha warm smile, they're nice people

-Good morning everyone- I kept walking and rode the elevator to the 10th floor, I wonde why this building has too many floors. Once the doors opened I saw my father talking with his secretary, I waved at him but he didn't notice me ..

-Father!!!

-Oh, Gayoon come here my daughter. Why aren't you wearing your dress?

- Why didn't you tell me you were working with Cyclone?? you forgot they stole your project??

-I think we should discuss this in my office, come please- He offered his hand but I just ignored him and went straight to his office.

-Well?.....

-Listen Gayoon, I know how it looks but I do this for the best of teh company and our family. Onix Tec offered to me and Cyclone to assciate with them, they're working in an important project and they want us to be part of it since we both are recognized as a prestige company. Thta's the reason of thiss reunion...

-Wait what??, that means the jerck of Dongwon will be here??

-Hey, why are you so mean with Dongwon?... remember he was your boyfriend?? what happened between you two??

-He changed dad, that's why I left him, since he works with his father he has become such an arrogant person.

-C'mon don't be rude Gayoon, I like that guy despite the fact his father stole  our company, I really wanted you to marry him..

-What?!!!!!!!!!... Dad are you nuts? that would never happen!!

-Okay okay calm down..

-I'm not going father

-You must Gayoon, you're the vice-president

-I never wanted to be... I'll quit if it's necessary..

-Yoonie you can't do this to me, please not right now, just this once you don't have to be a part of the project

-You promise father?..... for real?

-Yes daughter I promise..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umbrella Enterprises

-Kim!.. tell me what you got!...

-... sorry boss, the test was negative.... this virus or whatever it is oposed to the drug it can't be beaten.....

-Keep working, do what ever it takes.......

-Yes sir...

-Doctor Jacob O'connor, finally we meet.... I'm aware of what you're doing here, I just read your records..... it's fascinating, you graduated from harvard at the age of 19 years... someone with your potential would be considered as a genious you know?...

-Well, thanks for the compliment but may I know who are you??...

-I'm Song Jihyo, agent from the C.I.A.....

-Why are you here Miss Song?....

-The C.I.A is looking for this man...- the agent showed a picture of and old men around his 60's, white hair, not too short not too tall....

- Who's he?

-I was expecitng you tell me..... my boss told me he was and important scientific, I believe you have read the news right?.... he dissapeared 9 years ago, rumors say he got infected and then die .. ohter say he's living out of the country and list keep going....

-Sorry agent Song, but I'm affraid I don't know anything about this man.... he never worked for me.. as far as I know he was trying to find a cure for the unknown disease but he failed..... now if you excuse me I have a lot of work

-.. are you authorized to keep going with the investigation?.. as far as I know, the president asked to closed the case since there was nothing else to do...

- That case belongs to the past agent Song, we're working with a different disease..

-Why do I feel like you're lying to me Doctor O'connor?

-...See it yourself...- O'connor asked his assistant to take Jihyo to the room next to them....Jihyo took a look through the window and saw a a pair of teenagers lying ach one on a bed 

-Why is this?

-We're monitorating their vital signs, we've been trying different types of drugs using the DNA of this guys but it hasn't worked... yet... 

-And why is that?

- We're trying to cure cancer

- I hope you make it doctor...... look if you know anything about this man.. please call me, I'll give you my card..

-All right agent........ just one question..

-Yes?

-.... Why are you looking for that scientific?... I mean why now?, why not 9 years ago?

-... I wish I knew, you see Doctor, there's certain information I'm not able to access.. they only tell me the necessary. It's confidential, the goverment wants it ot be that way..

-.. I see, okay then... I hope you find him..

-That's what I'm for..