Chapter 9

Babies, Maybe?

Kai registered both of their names to the receptionist and went back to Kyungsoo who was apparently still sleeping. He nudged the other and the smaller tried his best to open his eyes (which he managed to do so after a long while). He gave the boy some sandwiches that he made from home and waited for the nurse to call them in. Kai was nervous. Very nervous. Even though he knew that the chances of having a pregnant Kyungsoo is low, he just knew that his wife is pregnant. The boy is experiencing the same kind of symptoms that ALL pregnant woman are experiencing.

 

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt a tug on his sleeves. He looked down on Kyungsoo who had his most adorable big eyes looking back at him. He heard Kyungsoo’s name being called by one of the nurses. Kim Kyungsoo. It was nice listening to Kyungsoo being called that way, carrying his surname instead of his own surname. The couple walked into the room and was greeted by a smiling doctor who was to Kai checking his Kyungsoo out. He gave the doctor a short glare when the couple sat down in front of the doctor.

 

“Hi! I am Dr Lee Jinki and I will be the one at your service. Since the three of us seems to be of about the same age, you guys can call me Onew to avoid any awkwardness between us.” Onew said as he introduced himself.

 

“Now, Kyungsoo-shi. Do you mind what happened to you lately?” He queried.

 

Since Kyungsoo was too weak to reply to the doctor’s question, Kai replied to the doctor telling him of all the symptoms that HIS WIFE have been experiencing lately. Kyungsoo just looked at Kai in awe at how protective and caring his Kai was over him. After listening to the couple’s stories, Onew asked, “So, Kyungsoo-shi. Have you been taking any type of hormonal medication lately?”

 

Kyungsoo just shyly nodded. “How long have you been taking them?” Onew continued.

 

“A-about se-seven mo-months?” Kyungsoo replied with a stutter while Kai gave Kyungsoo hands a comforting squeeze to give a boost of energy.

 

“I am sorry but you have to lie down on this bed here because I have to do some check on your stomach. Don’t worry because it won’t hurt.” Onew instructed.

 

Kyungsoo laid on the bed and Onew lifted the boy’s shirt revealing his pale tummy and spread a cool gel on his tummy and took a machine to scan Kyungsoo’s stomach. The couple saw a small black dot forming on the screen. Onew turned to them and smiled, “Congratulations guys! Kyungsoo is 5 weeks pregnant! Please wait outside for the sonogram and collect you pre-natal medication at the counter.”

 

A/N:

a super short update. i was watching two weddings and a funeral and i cried my eyes out like the last 45 minutes of the movie. and i was lucky because by the time i finished watching, it was EXO's performnace! pheww. that was super close. anyway, enjoy this chap! xoxo.